Head Coach Opening 2019 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
GB4

2015 Indianapolis Colts

Did that 1 play cost Pagano his job?   And the embarrassment with the Patriots continues.  That play was just the exclamation point.

• Upvote 1

Its ok Colts fans, you still play in the same division as Tennessee, Houston, and Jacksonville.  

• Upvote 3

That might be the single greatest internet made video I have ever seen!!!  Thanks DUDE 

Coaching seems to be regressing quite a bit this year. Everything has.

GB

Coaching seems to be regressing quite a bit this year. Everything has.

GB

Change has to be made somewhere. I'm not a big fan of firing a coach mid-season, especially when you are clearly going to make the playoffs, but from what I watched of the game yesterday the team just seemed really flat and somewhat indifferent about the game early on. You would think after losing a tight game to your arch nemesis the week before and being made a mockery of in the national media for a week the team would have a little more enthusiasm about a game that was almost a "must win" at home.

I would like to say start with Pep, but even then I'm not sure who could step in mid season. You look at a team like Miami and see the difference they have made in the last 2 weeks just by bringing in a guy that has a fiery attitude and seems to install excitement and toughness in his players; maybe the Colts need to do the same because Pagano's lukewarm attitude doesn't seem to be cutting it.

There's plenty of blame to go around, but the biggest problem is Irsay himself.  Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck (when healthy) have provided plenty of cover for the Colt's organizational issues over the last 17 years, but there are problems and they start at the very top.  Grigson and Pagano are both culpable, and while they are likely not the answer, I would argue they aren't at the root of the problem either.  Unfortunately as fans in Washington, Dallas, etc. know getting rid of a bad owner is all but impossible, unless they go full Sterling.

Edited by mcgoo45

Grigson has got to go. He has been riding the coat tails of his first draft for years now. That draft was great and helped build the team for years on the offensive side. It included Luck, Hilton, Allen, and Fleener, although the Colts did pick first in the majority of those rounds. Since then, the negatives have outweighed the positives. There was the Richardson trade and each free agency class has been a bust. Neither line has been built well, resulting in a team that plays soft and often falls behind early.

Edited by Andy G

What is the deal with Luck? I don't get it. Geez, and they say Colin Kaepernick has regressed!

What is the deal with Luck? I don't get it. Geez, and they say Colin Kaepernick has regressed!

Saw the older Hasselbeck on the pregame show hit the nail on the head. Luck simply holds on to the ball too long and his release is too slow. He had the stats to back it up; although I cannot remember the details (he is sacked more, intercepted, has passes batted, etc), but he is taking anywhere from 2.6 to 2.8 seconds to get rid of the ball. he looked at his brother along with other top QB's and what their release time is. He is taking over 3 seconds to release it tonight.

Hopefully he is getting his MOJO back after that 4th.

GB

Will they even win another game?  I can't recall ever seeing a team implode as bad as this one has.  Frank Gore has my sympathy..

The Colts have still not (apparently) learned the lesson that when you have that most valuable of commodities in the NFL - a franchise QB - you've got to do whatever it takes to protect him. That means spending money on the offensive line, rather than aging "win now" running backs and wide receivers.

I think they're going to blow it up after this season and start fresh. If I were Grigson and Pagano, I wouldn't send my laundry out.

Edited by bobref
  • Upvote 2

The Colts have still not (apparently) learned the lesson that when you have that most valuable of commodities in the NFL - a franchise QB - you've got to do whatever it takes to protect him. That means spending money on the offensive line, rather than aging "win now" running backs and wide receivers.

I think they're going to blow it up after this season and start fresh. If I were Grigson and Pagano, I wouldn't send my laundry out.

Didn't have to even spend much money on La'el Collins or even Richie Incognito...

I completely agree about protection.

But not all of his decisions last night and even inaccuracies can be placed on the Oline.  He has to own some of the decisions of throwing into tight and even double coverage.  They were lucky to even kick the FG to tie the game to go to OT....Keuchly should have intercepted Luck's last pass in regulation....

I agree with you that he's playing poorly. But I wonder how much of that is because the lack of protection forces him into trying to do things he shouldn't, and/or causes him to play hurt ... which I think it's pretty clear he's doing.  Not an excuse. Rather, an explanation.

Luck has more Cutler tendencies than many Colts fans care to admit.  

:o

ouch-baby-very-ouch-austin-powers.jpg

post-32-0-44153200-1446590378_thumb.jpg

Firing the OC is not going to change much for this team. Bad move; like putting a spongebob band aid on a severed femoral artery to stop the bleeding.

Pep goes from being a HC candidate last off season (I don't know why) to being fired mid-season. I agree Irishman, although, I am not the biggest Pep fan, the Colts issues are a lot deeper than the play calling. I expect Pagano to be the next one gone if the Colts lose next week.

GB

Edited by GB4