Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Highschool Football Preseason Top 10 By Class

Hoosier Highschool Football Preseason Top 10 By Class
Hoosier Highschool Football 6A Preseason Top 10
1. Cathedral - Irish step up to the states largest class and are positioned to challenge for 3rd consecutive state championship with deep and talented roster.
2. Carmel - Hounds have some top playmakers on defense and should be difficult to score on this year.
3 Westfield - Jake Gilbert's team has been 6A runnerup two years running and the Rocks will once again be in the hunt as they reload
4. Center Grove - Trojans slip back a notch after 2 year undefeated run . Team will be much younger and will improve over the course of the season after a brutally tough early schedule.
5. HSE - Michael Kelly's program has been coming on strong and the Royals will challenge Westfield for the HCC title.
6. Warren Central - Last years young and inexperienced team is a year older and much more ready to compete at a higher level in The MIC.
7. Ben Davis - Giants working hard to improve weakness on the offensive and defensive lines. Lots of skill position talent.
8 Brownsburg - Bulldogs always have Top 10 talent but sub par post season performance has kept the program a step below elite status.
9 Zionsville - Eagles lose some high end D1 talent but the roster is deep and plenty of impact players return as the team steps up to Class 6A after two state final appearances in 5A.
10 Lawrence North - Pat Mallory's team is looking to break into the top half of The MIC and the Wildcats continue to close the gap.

HHF Class 5A Preseason Top 10
1. Merrillville - Pirates drop down to Class 5A due to declining enrollment and become immediate state title favorites. MHS must replace some huge offensive backfield production and mammoth lineman Kenneth Grant. MV is becoming a transfer destination for lots of NWI football talent. The rich get richer.
2. Decatur Central - Two way impact player Aycen Stevens returns to lead a deep and experienced DC team that knows how to win.
3. FW Dwenger - Top 5 fixture will reload and make a run at The Summit and a long post season 5A run, if they can get out of their sectional.
4 FW Snider - Snider loses Indiana bound tackle DJ Moore but the Panthers have plenty of talent in reserve as they return to contender status.
5. Plainfield - Coach Brian Woodard will be running the program for his 17th and final season and will have one of his best teams. PHS should challenge DC for a Mid State Conference title.
6. Valpo - Valpo loses more offensive line talent and RB Hayden Vineyard but Bill Marshall's team will adjust and compete, as usual.
7. Mishawaka - Keith Kinder's team is poised to take over in the NLC
8 Michigan City - Jaden Hart is a hilight reel and MC will once again challenge, but needs to shore up a defense badly exposed by Zionsville in the 2021 semi state.
9 Columbus East - Olympians still adjusting in the post Bob Gaddis era, losing some city momentum to rival Columbus North. East should get back on track this year under 2nd year Head Coach Eddie Vogel.
10 Castle /Evansville North - interesting 5A power struggle developing between these two SIAC programs . Castle is the traditional power and North is coming on under Joey Paridaen.

HHF Class 4A Preseason Top 10
1. Roncalli - stacked roster with huge lines on both sides of the ball. Need to be replace skill position losses but Royals will bludgeon most opponents due to sheer power advantage.
2. New Palestine - Dragons return to 4A with a vengeance and with multiple D1 players to wreak havoc on The HHC.
3. East Central - One of the states most consistent programs and always a threat to make a deep post season run.
4. Mt Vernon Fortville - Defending state champs get a chance to prove they have long lasting resiliency and are built to last.
5. Kokomo - Wildkats drop down to 4A and Austin Colby has athletes and a system that is ready to compete for a championship.
6. Jasper - Wildcats were shocked in the sectional opener last year and ready for a strong comeback in both the SIAC and the state tournament.
7. East Noble - very similar to East Central. Solid organization from top to bottom with a tremendous staff and great resources.
8. Evansville Memorial - the Tigers continue to play up in class and outperform on the field consistently. Big strong offensive line with D1 talent.
9. Lowell - Keith Kilmer's Red Devils are one of the top programs in Northern Indiana and will have to replace RB Joey Heuer to contend with Andrean and Hobart in The NCC.
10. Mooresville - QB Nick Patterson is the engine behind Mooresville's high powered passing game. Pioneers again will contend in The MSC and in the post season .
10 . Hobart - Brickies have returned to consistent contention under Craig Osika and Trey Gibson is ready to run wild in his senior season.

HHF Class 3A Top 10 Preseason Poll
1. West Lafayette - Coach Shane Fry's program develops college football players at the same rate as high level 6A schools. The team was knocked out in Round 1 last year by eventual state runnerup Brebeuf, and the Red Devils haven't forgotten the sting of that loss. If WLF can avoid sleep walking thru the Hoosier Conference schedule, they will be ready to make a run in November.
2. Bishop Chatard - The Trojans have won 12 state championships in 3A, so it doesn't matter who has graduated and who is coming back, they will be in the mix.
3. Lawrenceburg - Rock solid public school program with a hard nosed take no prisoners approach . Head Coach Ryan Knigga is 99-35 in 12 years at the southeastern Indiana school. The Tigers are lazer focused on returning to the state finals for the first time since 2016. Big, deep roster with lots of talent.
4. Delta - The Eagles have been off the grid for several years but declining enrollment has pushed the school down to Class 3A, where combined with a big group of returning starters could be a lethal combination for Coach Chris Overholt's team.
5. Mishawaka Marian - The Marian Knights have been on a roll under Coach Mike Davidson, and last years heartbreaking 1 point loss to Brebeuf in the 3A Northern Semi State was a hard pill to swallow. The Knights will be young but have big game experience.
6. Danville - The Warriors have big time numbers, with over 100 kids in the high school program, huge for a 3A school. Talent level is increasing along with the numbers and Coach Jayme Comer has a team that will be the favorite in the Sagamore and a post season tournament challenger.
7. Western Boone - The 3 time 2A champs return for their second season in 3A after posting a 7-5 record in 2021, closing with a sectional loss to Brebeuf. The Stars will be a little more comfortable this time around and settled in their new surroundings. This program operates at a very high level and has ultra high expectations and aspirations.
8. Heritage Hills - Todd Wilkinson's program has run into the Gibson Southern machine over the past few years but remains solid and competitive and always has its eyes on the post season. With Brady Allen out of the way, the Patriots path to post season success is reopened.
9. Gibson Southern - Very rarely do you get to coach a once in a lifetime athlete, and Titans Head Coach Nick Hart has experienced that first hand during his time mentoring the Purdue bound Allen. Don't expect GS to roll over and hand off the 3A South mantle to HH or anyone else. The program is deep and talented and the Titans will show up to defend their 2021 3A state championship.
10. Hanover Central - Brian Parker is building a 3A powerhouse at Hanover Central and the program has gradually and methodically stepped up its level of play in the 5 years since Parker took control, culminating in last years 11-2 record. HC will be playing its final season this year in the small school Greater South Shore Conference, before moving over to the Northwest Crossroads, home of Region bluebloods Lowell, Hobart and Andrean

HHF Class 2A Preseason Top 10
1. Andrean - defending champs have the states top player in Drayk Bowen and Niners fully expect to be in LOS to defend their title.
2. Evansville Mater Dei - Wildcats will want another shot at the 59ers and big 6-5 QB Mason Wunderlich could be the difference maker
3. Fort Wayne Luers - Luers is loaded with speed and skill and will be a top contender positioned to challenge either of the top 2 teams.
4. Eastbrook - Jeff Adamson crossed the 300 win threshold in 2021 and his team is looking to make another strong post season run.
5. Eastside - Took Andrean to the brink last year. Todd Mason's program is elite and will compete.
6. Indianapolis Scecina - Crusaders caught fire in the '21 post season and look to continue the trend
7. Brownstown Central - Braves drop down from 3A to 2A but still have a huge PP hill to climb.
8. Linton- Stockton - Miners always in the hunt
9. Lafayette Central Catholic - Knights looking to get back into the post season mix as they continue to adjust to 2A.
10. Triton Central - Tim Able's team finished strong in 2021 and has plenty of experienced talent returning.

HHF Class 1A Preseason Top 10
1, Indianapolis Lutheran - The Saints are becoming to 1A what Chatard, Roncalli and Cathedral have been to their respective classes over the years, the BIG GOG in the house. Bigger, stronger and faster than everyone else. Could be a dynasty in the making.
2. Adams Central - The Jets hung with Lutheran in the finals last year but ran out of gas and were out - athleted in the end. AC is the Norths best and most complete 1A public program.
3. South Adams - Where you find Adams Central, you will find South Adams riding side saddle. The two are inextricably linked, and will remain that way until one plays its way up to 2A.
4. Covenant Christian - 2020 state champs will reload for another run in 2022. Lots of speed and skill on this roster.
5. Pioneer - Panthers are back home in 1A after a two year hiatus up in 2A where they played very well. Not as much star power as in past years but plenty of grit and fight will keep them in the chase.
6. Providence - Could be a sleeper coming down from 2A. They play a tough schedule with lots of bigger Kentucky opponents so they are a mystery until the post season arrives.
7. Park Tudor - Breakthru 8-3 season in 2021 under Spencer Summerville and they played Lutheran tough in he sectional.
8. Tri - Titans won 11 games and reached the state title round last year. Big 6-3 RB Parker Burk returns for what should be a huge senior season.
9. Monroe Central - John Hochstetler runs a quiet, below the radar unspectacular program that wins consistently.
10. South Putnam - Chuck Sorrell has a deep and experienced team returning from a group that has won 20 games over the past 2 seasons.

280370635_329041932755899_348150741385269017_n.jpg

280536751_329042016089224_6113724040985970248_n.jpg

Personally I would flip Triton Central and Scecina . The Crusaders are definitely top 10 worthy in 2A and have some pieces coming back but TC has EVERYONE back off a regional championship appearance. The playmaking trio of QB Stucky , WR Schultz, and RB Crawford will give teams fits . The ICC will be Fun and deep as always (TC, Scecina , Lutheran, Speedway, and Monrovia) all have a shot at the conference title IMO . 

17 hours ago, HHF said:
HHF Class 5A Preseason Top 10

10 Castle /Evansville North - interesting 5A power struggle developing between these two SIAC programs . Castle is the traditional power and North is coming on under Joey Paridaen.

HHF Class 4A Preseason Top 10
6. Jasper - Wildcats were shocked in the sectional opener last year and ready for a strong comeback in both the SIAC and the state tournament.

8. Evansville Memorial - the Tigers continue to play up in class and outperform on the field consistently. Big strong offensive line with D1 talent.

HHF Class 2A Preseason Top 10
2. Evansville Mater Dei - Wildcats will want another shot at the 59ers and big 6-5 QB Mason Wunderlich could be the difference maker

Some SIAC thoughts.  Week 1 has Castle vs. North and Jasper vs. Memorial.  Should be a great opening week.

Castle/North - Both teams will need to replace their QB from last year and should feature two great OL/DL line battles. 

Jasper/Memorial - Both teams looking to replace RB tandems but return their QB's.  

Mater Dei - if they can replace the losses of two multi year all-conference DL, they should be in good position to return to LOS.  Remaining healthy through a SIAC schedule is always important for a team with so many two-way players. 

24 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

Some SIAC thoughts.  Week 1 has Castle vs. North and Jasper vs. Memorial.  Should be a great opening week.

Castle/North - Both teams will need to replace their QB from last year and should feature two great OL/DL line battles. 

Jasper/Memorial - Both teams looking to replace RB tandems but return their QB's.  

Mater Dei - if they can replace the losses of two multi year all-conference DL, they should be in good position to return to LOS.  Remaining healthy through a SIAC schedule is always important for a team with so many two-way players. 

Are Castle-North considered rivals?  Or is this just getting started given the fact that both are now long term 5A schools and North has improved its competitive profile?  

1 hour ago, HHF said:

Are Castle-North considered rivals?  Or is this just getting started given the fact that both are now long term 5A schools and North has improved its competitive profile?  

No. North's only real "rival" is Central and in recent years it has become a social media sh!tshow.  

• Like 1

I think a preseason ranking for GS of #9 is just stirring the pot for clicks from the active fanbase.

We think we will be pretty good.  Also, what about Tri-West in 3A south?

Hart vs Wilkerson.  GS leads the series 10-5.

09-21-2012 Heritage Hills 10 - 14 Gibson Southern

09-27-2013 Heritage Hills 26 - 50 Gibson Southern

09-26-2014 Heritage Hills 38 - 33 Gibson Southern

11-07-2014 Heritage Hills 14 - 13 Gibson Southern

09-25-2015 Heritage Hills 13 - 42 Gibson Southern

09-23-2016 Heritage Hills 10 - 38 Gibson Southern

09-22-2017 Heritage Hills 7 - 48 Gibson Southern 

09-21-2018 Heritage Hills 31 - 7 Gibson Southern 

10-26-2018 Heritage Hills 14 - 24 Gibson Southern 

09-27-2019 Heritage Hills 49 - 14 Gibson Southern 

11-01-2019 Heritage Hills 21 - 20 Gibson Southern 

09-25-2020 Heritage Hills 0 - 38 Gibson Southern 

10-23-2020 Heritage Hills 10 - 21 Gibson Southern 

09-24-2021 Heritage Hills 3 - 42 Gibson Southern

11-05-2021 Heritage Hills 7 - 42 Gibson Southern 

Edited by Titan32
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

I think a preseason ranking for GS of #9 is just stirring the pot for clicks from the active fanbase.

I agree. I thought that ranking was a bit puzzling. I think GS should be closer to top 5, and definitely not behind HH. I do think that GS vs. HH game will be a great matchup this year. Sure, GS will not be as good as last year, but would not be shocked at all if they make another postseason run.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Clearly, you remove a generational superstar player from the mix, and the equation changes.  In my view, the programs are now equals, hence the rankings.  

3 hours ago, Football Fanatic said:

I agree. I thought that ranking was a bit puzzling. I think GS should be closer to top 5, and definitely not behind HH. I do think that GS vs. HH game will be a great matchup this year. Sure, GS will not be as good as last year, but would not be shocked at all if they make another postseason run.

Agree.  GS will be top five and HH won't be far behind and could prove to go higher, I can tell you this is the only preseason ranking out of the 10 or so that will come out that will have GS this low and that will be missing Tri-West.  

Just now, Titan32 said:

Agree.  GS will be top five and HH won't be far behind and could prove to go higher, I can tell you this is the only preseason ranking out of the 10 or so that will come out that will have GS this low and that will be missing Tri-West.  

And I won't dignify arguing with him on facebook.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Titan32 said:

He still has a FB page? I thought it was going defunct due to a lack of cash flow from sponsors that I heard through some click bait post, I mean, self-imposed rumor, I mean, click bait post, I mean the grapevine. (Ok, I'm done.)

FWIW, I hope HH has a great year (games vs GS notwithstanding).

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Esso Ayche said:

He still has a FB page? I thought it was going defunct due to a lack of cash flow from sponsors that I heard through some click bait post, I mean, self-imposed rumor, I mean, click bait post, I mean the grapevine. (Ok, I'm done.)

Yes, the FB page still exists.. I find it somewhat comical that he copies and pastes quite a bit of stuff from here and is asking for sponsors/$.

The best thing he does is the coach interviews.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 1st_and_10 said:

Yes, the FB page still exists.. I find it somewhat comical that he copies and pastes quite a bit of stuff from here and is asking for sponsors/$.

The best thing he does is the coach interviews.  

GID is a good resource for news and information.  I definitely utilize it.  There is very little cross over audience between HHF and GID and the HHF crowd is much larger.  Got to keep the content flow moving to keep readers engaged.

6 hours ago, Esso Ayche said:

Sponsorship definitely has been a challenge.  

15 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Im surprised you would make such a comment.  The Hart interviews and features on Brady and Rory have been hugely received by the GS crowd.  You are welcome to join us.  Little Fort Branch and Haubstadt are two of my top markets. 

Rory is a rock star down there.  His numbers were even higher than Brady's.  

Edited by HHF

46 minutes ago, HHF said:

Im surprised you would make such a comment.  The Hart interviews and features on Brady and Rory have been hugely received by the GS crowd.  You are welcome to join us.  Little Fort Branch and Haubstadt are two of my top markets. 

Thanks for the coverage.

1 minute ago, HHF said:

Take a hike

That came off snarky....but the coverage during our state run is actually appreciated.   Not everyone is going to agree with your 3A poll....and as Stewart Smalley would say, "and that's ok".  Hope it drives traffic from Fort Branch, Haubstadt and Owensville on Facebook.

4 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

That came off snarky....but the coverage during our state run is actually appreciated.   Not everyone is going to agree with your 3A poll....and as Stewart Smalley would say, "and that's ok".  Hope it drives traffic from Fort Branch, Haubstadt and Owensville on Facebook.

It was meant to be.  I wont "dignify" this conversation by giving it any more attention.

3 hours ago, HHF said:

Down in SW IN we love getting our news, medical advice, research, recipes, etc. from Facebook. It's really a one-stop shop, like Wal-Mart or Rural King.

Rory needs to be working on an NIL deal with "Mane & Tail" to keep that flow flowing. 

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Still trying to figure out what Hart vs Wilkerson head to head records have anything to do with thread?  GS pride hurt by being ranked below HH in a meaningless preseason poll?  😃  

• Haha 3