Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Highschool Football Preseason Top 10 By Class

2 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Back on topic.  All I’m asking is that you rank teams in a class with the same criticisms.  I don’t think GS is #1…but I certainly wouldn’t have them at 9 and below teams that are playing a much less difficult schedule 

Why do  you care what an individual thinks?  Its a frickin' forum where people share OPINIONS.  Nothing more.

Arguing over this with a comment in very poor taste?  Good grief.  Go make your own rankings if his rankings upset you so much.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Why do  you care what an individual thinks?  Its a frickin' forum where people share OPINIONS.  Nothing more.

Arguing over this with a comment in very poor taste?  Good grief.  Go make your own rankings if his rankings upset you so much.

Because it’s the logic behind it.  I enjoy a good debate but I’m going to keep people honest on their reasonings.  

like Lawrenceburg arguably lost more talent than anyone in 3A and they play a much less difficult schedule….and heritage hills hasn’t beat GS in 4 straight matchups….and they also play a less difficult schedule…..yet they get ranked at like 3 and 5 and HHF says GS is ranked 9th because he doesnt believe they have any talent that will generate clicks for him on Facebook and he doesn’t like our schedule from 2018 and before….

it’s a consistency issue 

Also this forum doesn’t need 20 threads of everyone’s individual rankings.  It can be debated on one or two lol 

no need for us to flood the topics with the same stuff.  Nobody likes that 

28 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Because it’s the logic behind it.  I enjoy a good debate but I’m going to keep people honest on their reasonings.  

like Lawrenceburg arguably lost more talent than anyone in 3A and they play a much less difficult schedule….and heritage hills hasn’t beat GS in 4 straight matchups….and they also play a less difficult schedule…..yet they get ranked at like 3 and 5 and HHF says GS is ranked 9th because he doesnt believe they have any talent that will generate clicks for him on Facebook and he doesn’t like our schedule from 2018 and before….

it’s a consistency issue 

Also this forum doesn’t need 20 threads of everyone’s individual rankings.  It can be debated on one or two lol 

no need for us to flood the topics with the same stuff.  Nobody likes that 

Arguing over someone's opinion of a high school football pre-season ranking is like a dog chasing a parked car. We get it...you don't agree with his pre-season #9 ranking in 3A.  Does it really matter??? 

Anyone can post what they wish on this forum about high school football, assuming it falls within the rules of GID.  If not, its up to the moderators to manage.

If you don't like a thread, avoid it....its that simple.

Edited by Bash Riprock
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Arguing over someone's opinion of a high school football pre-season ranking is like a dog chasing a parked car. We get it...you don't agree with his pre-season #9 ranking in 3A.  Does it really matter??? 

Anyone can post what they wish on this forum about high school football, assuming it falls within the rules of GID.  If not, its up to the moderators to manage.

If you don't like a thread, avoid it....its that simple.

This is comical. 

discourse works both ways buddy. 

as much as I am allowed to not like someone’s opinion, I am also allowed to comment. The same goes for you.  You don’t have to comment and neither do I….but we have chosen to do so no? but in your opinion…I shouldn’t comment right?  

“if you don’t like a thread you should avoid it. It’s that simple”…..oh the irony 

All opinions welcome, that's what makes for good forum. If there was no debate, there would be much less interest. 

Thanks DT for the rankings. It goes into depth we don't see in most other polls. If any poll is a joke, it's the AP and the Coaches Poll. 

Gibson Southern's reputation speaks for itself, those especially from Southern Indiana know that. If anything, appreciate a low ranking or no ranking at all. It'll probably just give GS the motivation they need, that they may not have had otherwise.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

This is comical. 

discourse works both ways buddy. 

as much as I am allowed to not like someone’s opinion, I am also allowed to comment. The same goes for you.  You don’t have to comment and neither do I….but we have chosen to do so no? but in your opinion…I shouldn’t comment right?  

“if you don’t like a thread you should avoid it. It’s that simple”…..oh the irony 

I appreciate your passion and your willingness and pride to carry the flag here on The GID for the GS crowd.  It frankly was the GS supporters who put Hoosier Highschool Football on the map and gave the site a chance to be relevant.  

I can guarantee you one thing.  Clicks never entered my mind as I was doing the rankings.  I did the same thing with every class.  Did the research, started with a list of 15 to 16 schools, and worked my way back to 10.  

Thanks for keeping it honest.  GS is lucky to have you on their side.

1 hour ago, HHF said:

I appreciate your passion and your willingness and pride to carry the flag here on The GID for the GS crowd.  It frankly was the GS supporters who put Hoosier Highschool Football on the map and gave the site a chance to be relevant.  

I can guarantee you one thing.  Clicks never entered my mind as I was doing the rankings.  I did the same thing with every class.  Did the research, started with a list of 15 to 16 schools, and worked my way back to 10.  

Thanks for keeping it honest.  GS is lucky to have you on their side.

😂😂😂

Don’t think I’ve seen someone try to take the high road and be sarcastic at the same time. 

2 hours ago, roaringthunderdlr said:

Plainfield 5th really surprises me. I get we have a good quarterback that’s gonna be a sophomore but wow… I officially have hope.

Good observation and Im glad you called it out.  With the two top 5A teams moving up to 6A (Cathedral/Zionsville) there is no dominant program in the class.  Merrillville is getting a lot of attention, but they have not proven that they can beat the Indy area teams.  Whiteland and DC are great 5A competition in the MSC, and I believe Coach Woodard feels his team can play with both .  The rest are all outliers that have not had much recent tournament success.  And with this being Woodard's final season, the Quakers will have an extra jump in their step to help the coach go out on a high note.  

Indy dominates the upper classes and until we see some consistent tournament success from the outlier schools, Indy schools will continue to get the benefit of the doubt

8 hours ago, HHF said:

Good observation and Im glad you called it out.  With the two top 5A teams moving up to 6A (Cathedral/Zionsville) there is no dominant program in the class.  Merrillville is getting a lot of attention, but they have not proven that they can beat the Indy area teams.  Whiteland and DC are great 5A competition in the MSC, and I believe Coach Woodard feels his team can play with both .  The rest are all outliers that have not had much recent tournament success.  And with this being Woodard's final season, the Quakers will have an extra jump in their step to help the coach go out on a high note.  

Indy dominates the upper classes and until we see some consistent tournament success from the outlier schools, Indy schools will continue to get the benefit of the doubt

Though on a smaller scale, I’ve been awaiting Plainfield’s breakthrough to the next level in a similar fashion to what I mentioned about Homestead.

You are probably right as Cathedral being out of the way should give us an accurate representation of where the Quakers stand in the 5A landscape.

They are having an historic track season currently and if they can buy in to the Center Grove model there is zero reason they can’t take the next step.

3 hours ago, temptation said:

Though on a smaller scale, I’ve been awaiting Plainfield’s breakthrough to the next level in a similar fashion to what I mentioned about Homestead.

You are probably right as Cathedral being out of the way should give us an accurate representation of where the Quakers stand in the 5A landscape.

They are having an historic track season currently and if they can buy in to the Center Grove model there is zero reason they can’t take the next step.

So it sounds like it's the Plainfield/Decatur Central show down south? Will be interesting to see how they do against Merrillville. The Pirates are a good football team, make no mistake. They had the misfortune of running into the best two football programs Westfield has historically put on the field in '20 & '21. In 2019, they were upended by the eventual state champs. There might be have been 4 or 5 teams in the Indy area that they just would not have beaten, but I think they would have stacked up nicely against the rest of Indy. 

I think most observers would agree that Plainfield has underachieved for the past decade.  On the other hand, Roncalli, DC , Zionsville and Cathedral have combined to end the Quakers seasons in 11 of the past 12 years.  That's some pretty stout sectional competition.  With Tyler Bless (son of Mark Bless) taking over in 2023, I think you will see this program head in a new direction and really take off.  

4 minutes ago, BTF said:

So it sounds like it's the Plainfield/Decatur Central show down south? Will be interesting to see how they do against Merrillville. The Pirates are a good football team, make no mistake. They had the misfortune of running into the best two football programs Westfield has historically put on the field in '20 & '21. In 2019, they were upended by the eventual state champs. There might be have been 4 or 5 teams in the Indy area that they just would not have beaten, but I think they would have stacked up nicely against the rest of Indy. 

Merrillville has a recent ugly loss at 3A Chatard, which dampens confidence in their ability to win in the south.  

Id say they have already bought in.  

1 hour ago, HHF said:

Merrillville has a recent ugly loss at 3A Chatard, which dampens confidence in their ability to win in the south.  

Forgot about that one. That was ugly. Not necessarily the score, but the fact that they lost to a 3A program. That being said, wasn't Chatard widely considered one of the best 3 or 4 teams in Indy that year? Or was it the year before?

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Forgot about that one. That was ugly. Not necessarily the score, but the fact that they lost to a 3A program. That being said, wasn't Chatard widely considered one of the best 3 or 4 teams in Indy that year? Or was it the year before?

Merrillville damaged their statewide reputation that night against Chatard.  They had bigger, faster and stronger athletes at every position and just got their asses kicked by a team that was dialed in and focused on the moment.

MHS should have one the game by 3 scores if you base it on talent alone.

Pirates dont have a signature win outside of the DAC in a long time.  

Still waiting.

They are now where they want to be.  

22 minutes ago, HHF said:

Merrillville damaged their statewide reputation that night against Chatard.  They had bigger, faster and stronger athletes at every position and just got their asses kicked by a team that was dialed in and focused on the moment.

MHS should have one the game by 3 scores if you base it on talent alone.

Pirates dont have a signature win outside of the DAC in a long time.  

Still waiting.

They are now where they want to be.  

Fair

5 minutes ago, temptation said:

Some programs don’t deserve the benefit of the doubt.  @HHF’s point about them always running into a juggernaut hits the mark but there are no excuses going forward now.

Agree. Merrillville and Cathedral are both in their rightful classes now. It should make the tournament more exciting. The Pirates are playing schools their own size now and so is Cathedral. 

46 minutes ago, BTF said:

Agree. Merrillville and Cathedral are both in their rightful classes now. It should make the tournament more exciting. The Pirates are playing schools their own size now and so is Cathedral. 

Just out of curiosity, why are you lumping Merrillville in with Cathedral?

The Pirates have been in their rightful place all along, no?

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Cathedral now playing schools their own size?? 

Uhh Cathedral hasn’t played in their enrollment based classification since the inception of the Success Factor and will have a thousand less kids than the next smallest 6A school. 

• Haha 1