Wabash River Conference Week 9

On 10/10/2021 at 7:01 PM, Donnie Baker said:

Attica @ South Vermilions 

Covington @ Riverton Parkes 

Fountain Centrals @ The Woofs 

Seegers @ North Vermilions  

I didn’t see any names change to red. 
Be a donor not a boner. STATE LAW!

South Vermillion over Attica.  For everything I've read here about the Wildcats, wouldn't this seem like a disappointing season?  The loss to Seeger had to be a pretty hard hit.

Covington over Riverton Parke.  Is that field at Covington still as nice as it was back in the day?  I played on that field many moons ago and it was the best grass field I ever played a game on.  

Parke Heritage over Fountain Central.  Did the Wolves coach leave the FC program in such a mess or did he see the writing on the wall talent-wise?  He seemed to leave Seeger right before the talent dropped off there too.

Seeger over North Vermillion.  Does anyone remember why Seeger changed their name from the Indians to the Patriots?  Was Warren County that PC?

Donnie, I paid my money so my profile better show them red letters.  If it doesn't, I'm sending you after 'em for me.

3 hours ago, Ballhawk said:

South Vermillion over Attica.  For everything I've read here about the Wildcats, wouldn't this seem like a disappointing season?  The loss to Seeger had to be a pretty hard hit.

Covington over Riverton Parke.  Is that field at Covington still as nice as it was back in the day?  I played on that field many moons ago and it was the best grass field I ever played a game on.  

Parke Heritage over Fountain Central.  Did the Wolves coach leave the FC program in such a mess or did he see the writing on the wall talent-wise?  He seemed to leave Seeger right before the talent dropped off there too.

Seeger over North Vermillion.  Does anyone remember why Seeger changed their name from the Indians to the Patriots?  Was Warren County that PC?

Donnie, I paid my money so my profile better show them red letters.  If it doesn't, I'm sending you after 'em for me.

1, yes disappointing 

2, still nice but the soccer field is nicer 

3, yes but there was plenty of help 

4, they consolidated with Pine Villages and changed their name and colors. 

My name is Donnie Baker and I approve this message.

3 hours ago, Ballhawk said:

Edited by Donnie Baker

1 hour ago, Donnie Baker said:

4, they consolidated with Pine Villages and changed their name and colors. 

My name is Donnie Baker and I approve this message.

We have an old basketball warm-up jacket that says Indians.  Goes back a ways.

Same with the helmet I use for my profile.  An old Seeger helmet that sits in my office.

Edited by Ballhawk
  • Thanks 1

On 10/10/2021 at 7:01 PM, Donnie Baker said:

Attica @ South Vermilions 

Covington @ Riverton Parkes 

Fountain Centrals @ The Woofs 

Seegers @ North Vermilions  

I didn’t see any names change to red. 
Be a donor not a boner. STATE LAW!

Quite the trek from Attica to Clinton.  Not sure I'd make the drive. SV 49 Attica 0.  On another note... are you really a D1 QB if you can't have the game placed on your shoulders and deliver?  Lot of INTs when the game is on the line this season... Especially with how down the WRC is this year?

Covington has the best draw in the entire Sectional if you ask me.  They could be well rested and primed for an upset come Championship week. Covington by whatever they want this week.

All I hear about Rockville these days is drama.  HOF might be ready for the Seeger job to open applications... Woofs get the win during Bridge Fest. Christian Johnson looks like he hasn't missed a beat since coming back from his concussion.

SEEGER!!! Kudos to them for keeping the train on the tracks! I'm going to hold off on a prediction for this matchup until I hear back from my Williamsport people but Seeger has to be the most interesting team in the WRC right now!

Attica @ SV - The D1s finish the season 4-5 and win by as much as they want.

Covington @ RP - This one might be close for about a quarter but you can't stop Karrfalt and co. for a whole game. Trojans pass all over the Panthers and win 54 - 20. Looked at the stats and Karrfalt is 350 yards from 3000 passing yards this season and I see him going well over 350 this week. I said it last week and I'll say it again, Covington is the sleeper in the sectional. With the draw they got they might just win it all. 

FC @ PH - FC showed us last week that they have improved but they aren't there yet... maybe next year.... PH wins this by as much as they want. If I'm a wolves fans I'm a little worried going into the sectional with all this drama surrounding them. PH 63 FC 12

Seeger @ NV - Only game this week with any excitement. NV will be well prepared but I think Seeger wins this one. Hopefully a good game. Seeger 30 NV 24

Attica vs SV.    SV 60 Attica 6 D1’s flex their D1 muscle in their tune up before facing Lafayette Central Catholic in two weeks 

Covington vs RP - RP 24 Cov 20. This game will be a rematch in two weeks.   Coach Brown plays it safe and preps for the sectionals. 

FC vs PH -   PH 52 FC 14.  Moore on this game later 

Seeger vs NV - Game of the week.  Falcons  30 Seeger 21.  

Little nuggets learned about the WRC while visiting the Covered Bridge Festival this (w/ sources) 

1. This is coach Moore’s last regular season game at PH   - (Source: PH potato shack worker on Sunday) 

2. “It’s not recruiting, it’s school choice, baby!!” (Source: PH school board member to me at the potato shack on Monday) 

3. RP has a boatload of talent and numbers  in their 5-8 grade levels - (Source Montezuma bean shack worker) 

4. Coach Brown won’t be returning as coach at Covington, making the job very attractive for a coach to get a stud QB as a senior  (Source: Billie Creek village parking attendant) 

5. Hot seat watch for Barrett at SV.   The shine is fading (Source: SV class of 1996 alumni during conversation in Bridgeton) 

6. Montezuma cruelers donuts are better than the Rockville cruelers, even when a PH coach is cooking at the Montezuma shack.   Kuddos

7. All eyes on the South Put/Linton game this Friday.   (Source: anyone who follows the sectional and wants to see a SP-PH rematch from 2020) 

17 hours ago, KAllen said:

Little nuggets learned about the WRC while visiting the Covered Bridge Festival this (w/ sources) 

1. This is coach Moore’s last regular season game at PH   - (Source: PH potato shack worker on Sunday) 

2. “It’s not recruiting, it’s school choice, baby!!” (Source: PH school board member to me at the potato shack on Monday) 

3. RP has a boatload of talent and numbers  in their 5-8 grade levels - (Source Montezuma bean shack worker) 

4. Coach Brown won’t be returning as coach at Covington, making the job very attractive for a coach to get a stud QB as a senior  (Source: Billie Creek village parking attendant) 

5. Hot seat watch for Barrett at SV.   The shine is fading (Source: SV class of 1996 alumni during conversation in Bridgeton) 

6. Montezuma cruelers donuts are better than the Rockville cruelers, even when a PH coach is cooking at the Montezuma shack.   Kuddos

7. All eyes on the South Put/Linton game this Friday.   (Source: anyone who follows the sectional and wants to see a SP-PH rematch from 2020) 

KAllen, I've got to say that these sources are amazing. I'd put money on anything a Billie Creek Village parking attendant says...

ATTICA vs. SOUTH VERMILLION - The Wildcats warm-up for their trip to LCC next week. The Ramblers will score some points in this one, and hit some people. Ramblers never say die... SV 42 - ATTICA 24

COVINGTON vs. RIVERTON PARKE - Watch the forecast. Most teams won't throw the ball when it's pouring down rain. Of course, the Trojans have been blessed with great weather all year and have been slinging it. The Panthers returned to the ground and pound last week against PH and appeared to have a little success. Covington has had trouble stopping the run (See the Seeger game stats). This one might be closer than people outside of RP territory would think. COVINGTON 35 - RP 30

FOUNTAIN CENTRAL vs. PARKE HERITAGE - I hear the Woolfs may be sore after last week because the Panthers were laying down some wood. I guess you should expect that from a county rivalry game. The Mustangs are the last hope to put a blemish on the Woolfs WRC record. Sorry, Donnie, as much as I would like to see an upset, I don't think the Mustangs have the firepower to trade punches. PH 48 - FC 26

SEEGER vs. NORTH VERMILLION - The Patriots have kept on keeping on. And the Falcons are playing much better than they did in week one. I think this one has game of the week potential. Especially if the rain comes. SEEGER 34 - NV 32

20 hours ago, KAllen said:

1. My sources have told me this as well.  I predict a return to West Lebanon. Can he negotiate for his son's job back?

2. The best recruiter in any school's program are the kids themselves...

3. I heard RP middle school team got hammered by NV this season x2, and that SV was beating them until SV QB got hurt.  Do they have a really talented group of 5th and 6th graders coming?

4. My source tells me Coach Brown wants to give up Girls Basketball and keep coaching football and being AD...

5. His protection inside the administration is no longer employed is my understanding

6. Someone already answered this but there is no such thing as a bad Crueler.  Ask @Knowledge

7. South Put vs Linton is the game of the Week in the WRC despite not being in the conference lol

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wrcsage said:

I heard RP was definitely the most physical team the Wolfs have played to date.  I have also heard that RP has been the beneficiary of multiple “recruits” current and past, in other sports.  It’s tough being the red headed stepchild.  

They had a couple of imported softball players, I swear to God they did 

Week 9 and Attica hearing a little crap. They’ll show up Friday and play hard knowing they’re gonna get their ass kicked. When Turkey Runs played with low numbers everyone said they were tough kids for sticking it out. I swear to God they did.

Second and foremost the GID used to say no coaching rumors especially when they already have jobs. STATE LAW ! 

It looks like some of you hillbillies from south of the WRC equator (that’s Kingmans for those that suck at geometry) need to get some cat tails, Buckeyes and hedge apples with some spray paint and sell them at the covered bridges for your GID donations. 
Who’s rooting for South Putnams or Liptons this Friday?