Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Conference Realignment - What's Coming in the Next Round?

1 minute ago, HHF said:

There is clearly no connection.  If you took the time to comprehend the logic behind the post, instead of trying to be witty and stupid and a smartass, you might have already figured it out.  

You reflect poorly on the schools that you supposedly represent.  My guess is they don't claim you as one of their own.

So what you are REALLY saying is that you made an off-hand comment and dragged females into a fight that they weren't really part of. There was NO LOGIC at all in including females as part of the post.  If your argument is that some admins don't value sports like others do, then we are in agreement.  If you want to either because of misogyny or, using your own words, being "witty and stupid and a smartass" or just plain old mistake and slip pf the tongue included females, then we are not in agreement.  I think that most folks that SERIOUSLY follow sports and know real sports fans will show you a large number of RABID fans both male and female.  The moms of the kids that I've coached over two decades of VOLUNTEER activity have been some of the biggest backers of football that I have ever known and have been to bat doing the heavy lifting often to make things happen; especially when the spotlight ISN'T on them.

As for the schools I represent, your guess would be completely wrong ... but then again, more spaghetti for the pot apparently.

• Disdain 1

15 minutes ago, HHF said:

You reflect poorly on the schools that you supposedly represent.  My guess is they don't claim you as one of their own.

I’m guessing Highland might say something similar about you.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, scarab527 said:

I’m guessing Highland might say something similar about you.

Perhaps

8 minutes ago, foxbat said:

So what you are REALLY saying is that you made an off-hand comment and dragged females into a fight that they weren't really part of. There was NO LOGIC at all in including females as part of the post.  If your argument is that some admins don't value sports like others do, then we are in agreement.  If you want to either because of misogyny or, using your own words, being "witty and stupid and a smartass" or just plain old mistake and slip pf the tongue included females, then we are not in agreement.  I think that most folks that SERIOUSLY follow sports and know real sports fans will show you a large number of RABID fans both male and female.  The moms of the kids that I've coached over two decades of VOLUNTEER activity have been some of the biggest backers of football that I have ever known and have been to bat doing the heavy lifting often to make things happen; especially when the spotlight ISN'T on them.

As for the schools I represent, your guess would be completely wrong ... but then again, more spaghetti for the pot apparently.

I love spaghetti

6 hours ago, MarshallCounty said:

Wawasee leaving the NLC would be a gigantic financial step back for them. The NLC is well known for the large traveling fan bases.  

Goshen, Plymouth and Wawasee are all having major participation problems.  That has to impact their travel as well.  

5 hours ago, crimsonace1 said:

I generally make it a point to not respond to DT/HHF's "throw-it-against-the-wall-and-see-what sticks" clickbait, but 

*-Shelbyville - I figure it's a matter of when, not if, the Golden Bears go to the EIAC. 

*-Greenwood - could replace Shelbyville in the Hoosier Heritage. They were apparently interested when Rushville left but the district admin insisted they remain in the Mid-State. 

*-Indian Creek: Isolated. It's a mid-sized 3A school without any 3A schools nearby. It's basically stuck with Brown County & Edgewood. That's why it's in the WIC. It could possibly join the Indiana Crossroads, but travel is going to be a nightmare no matter where it goes. It's not joining a league with 4A Shelbyville & Greenwood. 

*-Southport: The Circle City Conference is a private school league. Southport's not going there. If/when Conference Indiana blows up, I'd expect them to possibly try to latch on with either the Mid-State or the Hoosier Heritage. Have no idea what Columbus North and the Bloomington schools do in that scenario - possibly try to join an expanded Mid-State? 

*-Tech could compete in the MIC in basketball and really not in much of anything else. It would get destroyed in football. Geographically, the NCC is a terrible fit, but competitively, it's a good one. 

*-Center Grove: It'll be in the HCC in the near future once the kerfluffle over them leaving the MIC blows over. 

Is The MIC still a football conference?  Or is it now a basketball conference?

12 minutes ago, HHF said:

Goshen, Plymouth and Wawasee are all having major participation problems.  That has to impact their travel as well.  

The MIC is falling apart

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HHF said:

Actually an extremely valid question.

This may ruffle some feathers but the argument could be made that if you take a look at the remaining schools in the “MIC 6” the conference is actually more competitive on a statewide level in basketball, particularly from a depth standpoint.

The remaining “MIC 6” actually has more state title contenders/elite basketball programs remaining than in football and that’s not even up for debate.

10 minutes ago, temptation said:

Actually an extremely valid question.

This may ruffle some feathers but the argument could be made that if you take a look at the remaining schools in the “MIC 6” the conference is actually more competitive on a statewide level in basketball, particularly from a depth standpoint.

The remaining “MIC 6” actually has more state title contenders/elite basketball programs remaining than in football and that’s not even up for debate.

Hence the inclusion of Tech makes complete and total sense.

Conference alignment may come down to geography in the near future.  With lack of bus drivers throughout the state and the price of fuel, schools may opt for shorter drives for athletic contests.

In addition, with the referee shortage, crews may not be willing to make the drive to officiate if they think they can't make money.

These are facts, especially in the Southern part of Indiana.

3 minutes ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

Conference alignment may come down to geography in the near future.  With lack of bus drivers throughout the state and the price of fuel, schools may opt for shorter drives for athletic contests.

In addition, with the referee shortage, crews may not be willing to make the drive to officiate if they think they can't make money.

Given those facts, is the NIC or The DAC a better long term option for LaPorte and MC?

13 hours ago, temptation said:

I don’t think Tech’s “success” this year in basketball is sustainable.

Ding, Ding, Ding.  This could be the winner.  You'd think they were a, tongue in cheek, private.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

So just a wildly unfound opinion then? 

It is what this forum is all about.  If you and other don't like hearing other people's opinions just leave.

17 hours ago, foxbat said:

tl;dr on the woke rant.

• Disdain 2

15 hours ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

Lookin forward to the CCAC.  Clinton County Athletic Conference.

15 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

It is what this forum is all about.  If you and other don't like hearing other people's opinions just leave.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. And I'm entitled to call out a misogynic opinion when I see one.

If you don't like it you can leave. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. And I'm entitled to call out a misogynic opinion when I see one.

If you don't like it you can leave. 

Why does this idiot have an argumentative tone with everyone he encounters on this site?  Is it us or him?  

27 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

I generally respect all but 2-3 posters on this site. Your comment yesterday was out of line, opinionated or not. 

Curious where I fall here.  I might lose sleep tonight.

Please tell me I made the cut.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

I generally respect all but 2-3 posters on this site. Your comment yesterday was out of line, opinionated or not. 

You are argumentative and confrontational.  You've probably been told this by your HR Director, Therapist, Priest. Doctor, Attorney, wife and girlfriend. 

Im sure you are used to it by now. 

4 minutes ago, HHF said:

You are argumentative and confrontational.  You've probably been told this by your HR Director, Therapist, Priest. Doctor, Attorney, wife and girlfriend. 

No way this guy has a wife AND a girlfriend.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, HHF said:

Like I said, I generally get along with all but 2 or 3 people on this site.

Don’t sweat it. Just be better.

3 hours ago, temptation said:

Curious where I fall here.  I might lose sleep tonight.

Please tell me I made the cut.

You owe too much money for all the space I occupy in your head and I don’t want to jeopardize that.

Sleep well.