Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Conference Realignment - What's Coming in the Next Round?

36 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Why??  Its been a tremendous rivalry over the years with tremendous respect.  Not sure why you would say something like this?

Agree completely.  And while Center Grove might have trouble finding opponents going forward, it will be the Warren kids that actually miss out more by not having CG on the schedule.

The opposite of the intention.

19 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

Not being from the "Indy Area".  But this seems extremely plausible. 

I am also assuming that you are taking into account the TOTALITY of the other athletic/academic programs when you made this suggestion?

Yes.  I know this is a football forum, but my view of conference changes is based upon the entirety of the school programs.  Football and boys basketball tend to be the “bread winners” of the athletic family and often drive the discussion of conference moves, but conference changes need to be made with all programs in mind unless it is a sport specific conference.  It’s not always easy for AD’s and administrators to get coaches to understand that.  Their views are naturally going to be focused on the impact of any moves on their program, and sometimes AD’s and admin allow them to have too much of a voice.  If they are a good coach, AD’s often listen because they don’t want to risk losing them.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

The Warriors pretty much said : Screw you Center Grove!!!

I don’t think so. I think it’s more of Warren saying, “can we find a game that we can win?”

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

Why??  Its been a tremendous rivalry over the years with tremendous respect.  Not sure why you would say something like this?

Intimidation

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

I don’t think so. I think it’s more of Warren saying, “can we find a game that we can win?”

Intimidation

In just over a decade, Warren football has gone from “we will win the game just by walking out of the locker room” to “we may not win the game, but we will win the war of words.”

Carmel and CG are such meanies for taking their lunch money annually.

Edited by temptation

2 hours ago, temptation said:

Agree completely.  And while Center Grove might have trouble finding opponents going forward, it will be the Warren kids that actually miss out more by not having CG on the schedule.

The opposite of the intention.

Recent setbacks for CG athletic program :

Booted from The MIC

Voted down by The HCC

Dropped by Whiteland, Roncalli, Decatur Central and Warren Central

Deserted by Athletic Director

Lets be easy on the Trojans.  They are going thru a rough patch and need a little TLC.  

Just now, HHF said:

Booted from The MIC

Voted down by The HCC

Lets be easy on the Trojans.  They are going thru a rough patch and need a little TLC.  

They’ll land on their feet.  Warren needs CG more so than CG needs Warren.

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

They’ll land on their feet.  Warren needs CG more so than CG needs Warren.

Not really.  Warren has to get thru CG in the post season so why burn their athletes up by playing a meaningless regular season game?  

1 minute ago, HHF said:

Not really.  Warren has to get thru CG in the post season so why burn their athletes up by playing a meaningless regular season game?  

Always an advantage in the postseason when you’ve played a team in the regular season.

Warren will be the underdog in this contest for the foreseeable future.  They need the game more so than CG does.

The game should be much more competitive between the two this year.  CG lost a ton to graduation and WC was very young and inexperienced, and has another year under Kirschner to gel as a football team.  I would not be surprised to see WC win the game.  

4 minutes ago, HHF said:

The game should be much more competitive between the two this year.  CG lost a ton to graduation and WC was very young and inexperienced, and has another year under Kirschner to gel as a football team.  I would not be surprised to see WC win the game.  

I would.  You said so yourself that Covid has exacerbated the gap between the haves and the have nots.  Studies are now showing that the effects on impoverished communities has been severe.  

Taking nothing away from the last two CG teams and not completely writing Warren off, but this cannot be ignored.  

The next time Warren is competitive with either Carmel or CG will be the FIRST time Warren has been competitive with either Carmel or CG since the pandemic.

I need to see it to believe it.  Times have changed.

Edited by temptation

1 minute ago, temptation said:

I would.  You said so yourself that Covid has exacerbated the gap between the haves and the have nots.  Studies are now showing that the effects on impoverished communities has been severe.  

Taking nothing away from the last two CG teams and not completely writing Warren off, but this cannot be ignored.  

The next time Warren is competitive with either Carmel or CG will be the FIRST time Warren has been competitive with either Carmel or CG since the pandemic.

I need to see it to believe it.  Times have changed.

WC is not, and never was a "have not."  They still have a building loaded with  athletic 14-18 year old boys who can run circles around most of the competition.  I dont think Kirschner went there to run an average program.  

3 minutes ago, HHF said:

WC is not, and never was a "have not."  They still have a building loaded with  athletic 14-18 year old boys who can run circles around most of the competition.  I dont think Kirschner went there to run an average program.  

Talking about the general population.  The lives of 14-18 year old boys (and all students for that matter) at Warren Central and Center Grove are drastically different, particularly between 5pm and 6am.

More so than folks realize or want to admit.

That matters.

Edited by temptation

5 minutes ago, temptation said:

Talking about the general population.  The lives of 14-18 year old boys (and all students for that matter) at Warren Central and Center Grove are drastically different, particularly between 5pm and 6am.

More so than folks realize or want to admit.

That matters.

At this point in time, Id take WC to win another state title before CG will

21 minutes ago, temptation said:

I’ll take that bet.  I’m already on record stating Westfield wins one before BD so why not?

I’d also like to point out that Plainfield, yes PLAINFIELD just won the boys track and field state championship (single class) and the top ten was littered with suburban schools that don’t have high FRL numbers.

I bring this up because track and field is the IHSAA sanctioned sport that most mirrors football and is usually littered with the same athletes.

No sport is immune no matter how much folks on here want to marginalize this factor.

Edited by temptation

1 hour ago, HHF said:

Booted from The MIC

Voted down by The HCC

You say a rough patch, but what is CG supposed to do? Not win? Not run a successful program? I think it’s a shame that the biggest schools in the state won’t play them. What does that say about those schools and those programs? Decatur or Roncalli aren’t as big obviously, but shoot they are good programs and if I’m trying to keep building my program I keep them on the schedule. Doesn’t hurt a thing. Warren has no excuse. None of those MIC schools have any excuse. But the flip side is for CG. If I’m them, I may not want to play MIC schools after them kicking me out of the conference. The whole thing is a shame. Warren not wanting to play CG in the regular season is a disgrace to high school football.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

You say a rough patch, but what is CG supposed to do? Not win? Not run a successful program? I think it’s a shame that the biggest schools in the state won’t play them. What does that say about those schools and those programs? Decatur or Roncalli aren’t as big obviously, but shoot they are good programs and if I’m trying to keep building my program I keep them on the schedule. Doesn’t hurt a thing. Warren has no excuse. None of those MIC schools have any excuse. But the flip side is for CG. If I’m them, I may not want to play MIC schools after them kicking me out of the conference. The whole thing is a shame. Warren not wanting to play CG in the regular season is a disgrace to high school football.

Center Grove is experiencing what all great programs eventually have to deal with. Anger, bitterness, and the, and hatred. Frankly people have become tired of hearing about the utopian environment in White River township. Where everything is perfect, there are no problems, employment is 100%, everyone is wealthy, lives high off the hog, and has no major life problems. This creates a lot of angst in other areas of society, and people vent their anger and hatred in different ways. The Trojans are getting a little bit of the treatment that is generally a reserved for places like Notre dame, Michigan, Indianapolis cathedral, and other ultra successful high-end institutions. It's unfortunate but it's true.

1 hour ago, HHF said:

Probably works out better for Center Grove.

St. X, Trinity, St. Ed's, etc would likely love to get a chance to play Center Grove. All those are massive upgrades from the aforementioned. Doubt CG is losing any sleep over it. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, HHF said:

Center Grove is experiencing what all great programs eventually have to deal with. Anger, bitterness, and the, and hatred. Frankly people have become tired of hearing about the utopian environment in White River township. Where everything is perfect, there are no problems, employment is 100%, everyone is wealthy, lives high off the hog, and has no major life problems. This creates a lot of angst in other areas of society, and people vent their anger and hatred in different ways. The Trojans are getting a little bit of the treatment that is generally a reserved for places like Notre dame, Michigan, Indianapolis cathedral, and other ultra successful high-end institutions. It's unfortunate but it's true.

This is hysterical.

3 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Probably works out better for Center Grove.

St. X, Trinity, St. Ed's, etc would likely love to get a chance to play Center Grove. All those are massive upgrades from the aforementioned. Doubt CG is losing any sleep over it. 

St. X, Trinity, and St. Ed's are "massive" upgrades over WC?

Never thought I'd see the day that Warren would run & hide.   Could make regionals interesting.  What is Kirschner's record against CG?

6 hours ago, HHF said:

I would not be surprised to see WC win the game.  

Regular season wouldn't surprise me.  Playoffs would.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BTF said:

St. X, Trinity, and St. Ed's are "massive" upgrades over WC?

Yes they are...Let's be serious! 

Perhaps one of the KY teams is a 'wash'...but 2/3 are better.  And that is NOT a swipe at the WC as it exists today.

15 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

Yes they are...Let's be serious! 

Perhaps one of the KY teams is a 'wash'...but 2/3 are better.  And that is NOT a swipe at the WC as it exists today.

Massive? Not buying it. Slight upgrade? Maybe. Only four years removed from a state championship. A proven coach taking over the program. Huge enrollment. Talent galore. Always have been a force, always will be a force.