Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Conference Realignment - What's Coming in the Next Round?

1 hour ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

I guess Warren Central is doomed. I never thought I would see the day the Warriors would fall from the ranks of the elite

Yeah, I think we should play a few games before we throw dirt over the Warriors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

I guess Warren Central is doomed. I never thought I would see the day the Warriors would fall from the ranks of the elite

Warren Central isn’t doomed, they just no longer are the premier program in Indiana as they once were a decade or so ago. They’ve been passed by a few other programs the last couple years and I expect that trend to continue.

Warren Central no longer plays in the state’s premier football conference and are now dropping the state’s measuring stick in Center Grove, from future schedules. Warren Central used to be the barometer for success in this state, that is no longer the case.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Yeah, I think we should play a few games before we throw dirt over the Warriors.

Recent press conference with a cameo by Warren Central.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

Which Warren Central?

Unfortunately, the KY version... 

Dragon football has become a "shell" of what we were when I was there. 

The newest HS: South Warren HS (about 2 blocks from where I lived) has far surpassed them, and it probably won't change anytime soon.  

Warren County Schools (KY) had 2 High Schools when we moved there from STL.  I believe they now have 4 (Greenwood, South Warren, Warren East and Warren Central).  As the "metropolitan" area of Bowling Green (🤣) has expanded, you are seeing a shift in athletic prowess in certain sports.  Football at WCHS, is no longer the focus.  It seems to be soccer and other 'country club' sports.

2 hours ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

This guy doesn't think the Warriors are doomed in the least bit.  Kirshner is a great leader.

I still would like you to explain your negative comment about CG.  CG and WC has had a heck of a rivalry over the years with each team winning some very big games against the other.  Games have been clean with good hard play.  Have cheered a ton for former WC players at the collegiate level.  Hope to start cheering for one in the NFL this year.  

Just surprised with your comment....

3 hours ago, BTF said:

How can you not be trending up by hiring a state championship coach? Someone riddle me that please. Jump in Temp.

Eh, the departures (from both an athlete and a coaching point of view) don’t exactly paint a rosy picture.

Kirschner is proven so he gets the benefit of the doubt from me but I fear his best coaching days are behind him.

Still good enough to get the job done, no doubt but there is much more necessary to win a state title.

Question for the group, and I don’t have the answer)…

Kirschner left Mount Vernon and they won the state title THE VERY NEXT SEASON.  Telling or coincidence?

He definitely gets credit for building the Marauders to that level but the next guy finished the job.

Am I overthinking this one?

1 minute ago, temptation said:

Eh, the departures (from both an athlete and a coaching point of view) don’t exactly paint a rosy picture.

Kirschner is proven so he gets the benefit of the doubt from me but I fear his best coaching days are behind him.

Still good enough to get the job done, no doubt but there is much more necessary to win a state title.

Kirschner left Mount Vernon and they won the state title THE VERY NEXT SEASON.  Telling or coincidence?

He definitely gets credit for building the Marauders to that level but the next guy finished the job.

Both.

Definitely gets credit for taking on the job, but let’s be real, Mt. Vernon was a ticking time bomb. One of the fastest growing districts in the state and has been trending up for years. They will be a major player in 4A until they are inevitably bumped up again due to either enrollment or SF. 

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

So many people in today me society speak in hyperbole and every issue “is all or nothing.”

Just stop already.

No one is saying the program is dead and is going to go 2-7 this fall.  What is being said (for a variety of reasons) is that the Warren football program that is known around the state/Midwest is not what it once was.  They are still MORE THAN CAPABLE of competing for the 6A title.  My opinion is that it’s a steeper climb than most realize and I’ve outlined my reasons why.

Edited by temptation

13 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

This guy doesn't think the Warriors are doomed in the least bit.  Kirshner is a great leader.

I still would like you to explain your negative comment about CG.  CG and WC has had a heck of a rivalry over the years with each team winning some very big games against the other.  Games have been clean with good hard play.  Have cheered a ton for former WC players at the collegiate level.  Hope to start cheering for one in the NFL this year.  

Just surprised with your comment....

Sorry about that comment. I was half asleep probably 

36 minutes ago, temptation said:

I don't think so. Vince Lidy  is a tremendous head coach

42 minutes ago, temptation said:

Mike Davis led the Hoosiers to the national championship a year after Bob Knight was fired. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BTF said:

Mike Davis led the Hoosiers to the national championship a year after Bob Knight was fired. 

“Mike Davis led the Hoosiers to the national championship GAME a year after Bob Knight was fired.”

Just wanted to make sure we are being historically accurate here, lol.

Next question:

Is the OC, DC and strength and conditioning coach all leaving Warren in a three month span telling or a coincidence?

Edited by temptation
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Both.

Definitely gets credit for taking on the job, but let’s be real, Mt. Vernon was a ticking time bomb. One of the fastest growing districts in the state and has been trending up for years. They will be a major player in 4A until they are inevitably bumped up again due to either enrollment or SF. 

With Brebeuf, Roncalli, New Pal, and Mt Vernon all in the same regional, it could be tough for someone to get SF up. 

Slunaker and LaBelle were tremendous HS players that started 4 and 3 years for MTV who will be tough to replace as well. 

9 hours ago, BTF said:

How can you not be trending up by hiring a state championship coach? Someone riddle me that please. Jump in Temp.

Warren's youth program was once among the best.  The last few years it has been circling the drain.  I know some people who help run it and it has to be driving them crazy but that sort of problem always spreads throughout the program.

5 hours ago, BTF said:

I know what you're saying but Kirschner's state championship BD team was a well coached well oiled machine.  

4 minutes ago, Grover said:

Warren's youth program was once among the best.  The last few years it has been circling the drain.  I know some people who help run it and it has to be driving them crazy but that sort of problem always spreads throughout the program.

A school like Warren Central might be "circling the drain," but with the talent at that schools disposal, a good coach should be able to right the ship in a matter of a couple of years.

Case in point: Harding high school out of Fort Wayne. A tiny version of Warren Central with an enrollment of about 600-700 kids. Pretty much the same socioeconomics as Warren Central. Probably mirror images of one another. At one time they were the laughing stock of the SAC. They won 19 games in the eight years leading up the arrival of Steve Cooley. He won 18 games in his first two years. That program had no development when he took over. But he had talent to work with, just as Kirschner has talent to work with at Warren Central. 

8 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

There are some very excited parents on some of the Facebook communities that say the 8th and 9th graders of last year are going to lead WC to another state championship. anyone have any insight?

Their class that impressed me the most is either sophomores or juniors now.

13 minutes ago, BTF said:

A school like Warren Central might be "circling the drain," but with the talent at that schools disposal, a good coach should be able to right the ship in a matter of a couple of years.

Is Jayson West not a good coach? He has three large class titles (at two different schools) and upped and moved to a school that has a tenth of the history that Warren does. That’s an extremely telling story line. No one is doubting Mike Kirschner’s coaching abilities, but Warren isn’t the juggernaut it once was nor are they feared. They’ve been passed by more than a few schools since their last state title.

Edited by Footballking16

14 minutes ago, BTF said:

I didn't say the school was circling the drain.  I was referring to their youth program.  And it is a relative term.  Their talent is getting decimated by rogue travel teams with daddy coaches.  As a result the kids aren't being as well coached, they aren't learning Warren's system, and they aren't learning loyalty to the program.  

Edit:  I'm pretty sure Warren won't be fielding an IEFA team this year.  They were a founding member and a dominant force for decades.  The last few years they have gotten sand kicked in their faces.  Now they're out.  I hope they get it sorted out and return.

Edited by Grover

19 minutes ago, Grover said:

I didn't say the school was circling the drain.  I was referring to their youth program.  And it is a relative term.  Their talent is getting decimated by rogue travel teams with daddy coaches.  As a result the kids aren't being as well coached, they aren't learning Warren's system, and they aren't learning loyalty to the program.  

Edit:  I'm pretty sure Warren won't be fielding an IEFA team this year.  They were a founding member and a dominant force for decades.  The last few years they have gotten sand kicked in their faces.  Now they're out.  I hope they get it sorted out and return.

Good stuff. I'll defer to you Indy guys on this. I'm still betting on Warren being a force while Kirschner is there. Time will tell. 

25 minutes ago, BTF said:

Good stuff. I'll defer to you Indy guys on this. I'm still betting on Warren being a force while Kirschner is there. Time will tell. 

I agree.  They are on my short list of contenders this Fall.