Jump to content

Conference Realignment - What's Coming in the Next Round?


Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, BTF said:

Massive? Not buying it. Slight upgrade? Maybe. Only four years removed from a state championship. A proven coach taking over the program. Huge enrollment. Talent galore. Always have been a force, always will be a force. 

Slight?  Yes.

Massive?  No.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I want to know how Warren or anyone in the MIC is running and hiding?  If you aren’t aware, Center Grove is the one dropping all the MIC schools after this year (you’ll notice they aren’t on the schedule of any basketball schedules in 22-23), while Carmel is remaining on for all MIC times for the time being.  Carmel might eventually play some others, but they’re not dropping Warren or BD.  

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

I want to know how Warren or anyone in the MIC is running and hiding?  If you aren’t aware, Center Grove is the one dropping all the MIC schools after this year (you’ll notice they aren’t on the schedule of any basketball schedules in 22-23), while Carmel is remaining on for all MIC times for the time being.  Carmel might eventually play some others, but they’re not dropping Warren or BD.  

They ran and hid when they constructed the “strongly worded letter” painting CG and Carmel as the bad guys.

Once again, those schools need Carmel and CG much more than the other way around, especially from a competitive standpoint.

How can you sell your student athletes that your programs are preparing for the state tournament when you don’t even play the best in your area during the regular season?

The “MIC 6” are already irrelevant in over a dozen sanctioned IHSAA sports and that number will continue to grow as this decade continues.

By 2030, the current MIC 6 schools (save for North Central in a few sports and BD/WC football) will be the equivalent of the current IPS athletic programs.

Edited by temptation
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

I want to know how Warren or anyone in the MIC is running and hiding?  If you aren’t aware, Center Grove is the one dropping all the MIC schools after this year (you’ll notice they aren’t on the schedule of any basketball schedules in 22-23), while Carmel is remaining on for all MIC times for the time being.  Carmel might eventually play some others, but they’re not dropping Warren or BD.  

CG would have liked to kept them on for football at least. Most of those schools dropped them

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, BTF said:

Massive? Not buying it. Slight upgrade? Maybe. Only four years removed from a state championship. A proven coach taking over the program. Huge enrollment. Talent galore. Always have been a force, always will be a force. 

Welp.  That's why they play the game! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Footballking16 said:

The way Warren has been trending? Absolutely.

Warren is trending up.

Big enrollment + Mike Kirschner = very dangerous. 

31 minutes ago, temptation said:

In fact, your squad just nabbed a free agent from Warren…

Another to New Pal…

To New Pal or from New Pal?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, BTF said:

Warren is trending up.

Big enrollment + Mike Kirschner = very dangerous. 

Warren is sub .500 the last two years, lost to LC (scored 8 points) in the opening round of sectionals last year, and is now ducking premier opponents in the state. We have a very different definition of “trending up”.

Warren Central used to be in that same conversation with Ed’s, St. X, and Trinity as to who is the Midwest’s premier football program. Not any more they aren’t. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Warren is sub .500 the last two years, lost to LC (scored 8 points) in the opening round of sectionals last year, and is now ducking premier opponents in the state. We have a very different definition of “trending up”.

Warren Central used to be in that same conversation with Ed’s, St. X, and Trinity as to who is the Midwest’s premier football program. Not any more they aren’t. 

I guess we'll have to revisit this conversations after two or three years with Kirschner at the helm. He won state titles at Ben Davis, he'll do the same at Warren Central. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, BTF said:

I guess we'll have to revisit this conversations after two or three years with Kirschner at the helm. He won state titles at Ben Davis, he'll do the same at Warren Central. 

Warren Central doesn’t have a single player in its senior class rated in the top 50 prospects in the state. That’s unacceptable for a program of that magnitude. I see 4, maybe 5 regular season wins for the Warriors this year and by the grace of playing in arguably the weakest pound for pound sectional in the state, get a free pass to the Regional round where they will inevitably lose to CG by 2-3 TD’s. 
 

There’s 4-5 teams in my opinion who have a shot at the 6A title this year and Warren isn’t one of them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

Warren Central is starting to remind me of another Warren Central down in Kentucky. Just my two cents 

hey, hey....That's my alma mater!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, BTF said:

Warren is trending up.

Big enrollment + Mike Kirschner = very dangerous. 

To New Pal or from New Pal?

TO New Pal…think you’d ever see it?

9 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Warren is sub .500 the last two years, lost to LC (scored 8 points) in the opening round of sectionals last year, and is now ducking premier opponents in the state. We have a very different definition of “trending up”.

Warren Central used to be in that same conversation with Ed’s, St. X, and Trinity as to who is the Midwest’s premier football program. Not any more they aren’t. 

We are agreeing too much again.  Will you just insult me quickly so I’m comfortable?

Edited by temptation
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Warren Central doesn’t have a single player in its senior class rated in the top 50 prospects in the state. That’s unacceptable for a program of that magnitude. I see 4, maybe 5 regular season wins for the Warriors this year and by the grace of playing in arguably the weakest pound for pound sectional in the state, get a free pass to the Regional round where they will inevitably lose to CG by 2-3 TD’s. 
 

There’s 4-5 teams in my opinion who have a shot at the 6A title this year and Warren isn’t one of them.

I’m not sure I’d go this far and say they don’t have a shot due to the enrollment mentioned and Kirschner’s abilities,

The statement regarding their sectional, while not their fault, is 100 percent accurate.  I said the same thing when BD’s sectional lineup was similar.  Warren’s JV could roll through it.

They DO have THREE defending state champions on the schedule for this fall (CG, King, Christian Brothers) so it appears they are at least trying to bolster up their schedule.

I cannot see them going any better than 1-2 in those games.  CG may be still figuring things out so that one may be their best shot.  King will undoubtedly have the best player on the field at the most important position and is loaded with D1/Power 5 guys and I don’t know enough about Christian Brothers (though they do have SEVEN seniors in Missouri’s top 50 players according to 247).

Edited by temptation
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, temptation said:

I’m not sure I’d go this far and say they don’t have a shot due to the enrollment mentioned and Kirschner’s abilities,

The statement regarding their sectional, while not their fault, is 100 percent accurate.  I said the same thing when BD’s sectional lineup was similar.  Warren’s JV could roll through it.

They DO have THREE defending state champions on the schedule for this fall (CG, King, Christian Brothers) so it appears they are at least trying to bolster up their schedule.

I cannot see them going any better than 1-2 in those games.  CG may be still figuring things out so that one may be their best shot.  King will undoubtedly have the best player on the field at the most important position and is loaded with D1/Power 5 guys and I don’t know enough about Christian Brothers (though they do have SEVEN seniors in Missouri’s top 50 players according to 247).

The Warren WR is the real deal and is ranked 18th in the state according to 247.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't buy the idea that a team doesn't have a shot without any Top 50 players. Football is a team sport which consists of 11 on offense, 11 on defense, and a slew of others on special teams. Sure top rated players help, but it's not the end all be all. 

Why are we acting like Warren is in the gutter? I could have swore they won the whole thing in 2018, correct me if I'm wrong. So they had a few down years, that means nothing. Again, good coach + big enrollment + lots of athletes = powerhouse. Someone keep a receipt on this please. 

Temp..........I'm misunderstanding your post. What I'm reading is that Warren had a kid transfer to Cathedral and Cathedral had one transfer to New Pal?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, BTF said:

I don't buy the idea that a team doesn't have a shot without any Top 50 players. Football is a team sport which consists of 11 on offense, 11 on defense, and a slew of others on special teams. Sure top rated players help, but it's not the end all be all. 

Why are we acting like Warren is in the gutter? I could have swore they won the whole thing in 2018, correct me if I'm wrong. So they had a few down years, that means nothing. Again, good coach + big enrollment + lots of athletes = powerhouse. Someone keep a receipt on this please. 

Temp..........I'm misunderstanding your post. What I'm reading is that Warren had a kid transfer to Cathedral and Cathedral had one transfer to New Pal?

 

Warren had a kid transfer to Cathedral and another transfer to New Pal…both have next level offers.

Telling or just a coincidence!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, BTF said:

I don't buy the idea that a team doesn't have a shot without any Top 50 players. Football is a team sport which consists of 11 on offense, 11 on defense, and a slew of others on special teams. Sure top rated players help, but it's not the end all be all. 

Why are we acting like Warren is in the gutter? I could have swore they won the whole thing in 2018, correct me if I'm wrong. So they had a few down years, that means nothing. Again, good coach + big enrollment + lots of athletes = powerhouse. Someone keep a receipt on this please. 

Temp..........I'm misunderstanding your post. What I'm reading is that Warren had a kid transfer to Cathedral and Cathedral had one transfer to New Pal?

 

Never said Warren is in the gutter, simply disagree they are trending up. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Never said Warren is in the gutter, simply disagree they are trending up. 

How can you not be trending up by hiring a state championship coach? Someone riddle me that please. Jump in Temp.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, BTF said:

How can you not be trending up by hiring a state championship coach? Someone riddle me that please. Jump in Temp.

That state champion coach went 4-5 last year. They’re likely not going to challenge for a state title the next few years.
 

Temp isn’t going to save you, in fact he’s already hurting your case, lamenting that Warren has already lost two starters to other programs. That isn’t a sign of a program on the rise.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

That state champion coach went 4-5 last year. They’re likely not going to challenge for a state title the next few years.
 

Temp isn’t going to save you, in fact he’s already hurting your case, lamenting that Warren has already lost two starters to other programs. That isn’t a sign of a program on the rise.

I just think Temp is smart enough to know that you don't hire a championship coach and trend down. 

Most coaches don't rebuild and win championships in their first year. 

Anyway, whatever happens happens. No dog in the fight. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BTF said:

I just think Temp is smart enough to know that you don't hire a championship coach and trend down. 

Most coaches don't rebuild and win championships in their first year. 

Anyway, whatever happens happens. No dog in the fight. 

Warren Central HAD a state championship coach already on the sidelines (two different schools I might add) and decided to leave for a bottom of the barrel program in the HHC. That’s should tell you everything you need to know about the direction Warren Central is heading.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Warren Central HAD a state championship coach already on the sidelines (two different schools I might add) and decided to leave for a bottom of the barrel program in the HHC. That’s should tell you everything you need to know about the direction Warren Central is heading.

Noted. Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...