Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Rising Programs

10 minutes ago, BTF said:

Clemson's backup set a record that night and still couldn't beat Notre Dame. The Irish were winning that game no matter who was under center. I pegged that one at the beginning of the year. Night game in South Bend? That had signature win written all over it. If Notre Dame ducked anyone that year, it was Wisconsin. I predicted Notre Dame to lose in Lambeau Field. Cancelled due to covid. 

Come on.  Look at how he performed last year.  That one off was an out of body experience.  ND won in OT.  Far from a formality.

Look no father than the rematch weeks later.  34-10 on a neutral field with Lawrence under center 

79FDE281-DE33-4125-A6D5-50DF837C8057.png

Edited by temptation

2 hours ago, Staxawax said:

Sorry for barging into your hotel room, but I just thought I’d side with temp on this one…. ND and Mich are in pretty much the same boat…. and I think you meant bi-annually, not semi-annually. 

Last year they were on the same boat. If you look at program performance over a 5-year span and a 10-year span, the Irish win. Please don't make me dig deeper into this tonight, I don't have time. 

2 hours ago, temptation said:

Come on.  Look at how he performed last year.  That one off was an out of body experience.  ND won in OT.  Far from a formality.

Look no father than the rematch weeks later.  34-10 on a neutral field with Lawrence under center 

79FDE281-DE33-4125-A6D5-50DF837C8057.png

What does DJ's performance last year have to do with how he performed against ND the year before?

No one expected ND to win the rematch. They actually looked pretty good the first quarter, they just couldn't catch a break and it snowballed from there. The better team won, I get it. On a neutral field, Clemson all day long. The night in South Bend belonged to the Irish...........wouldn't have mattered if Lawrence was in the game or not. Give that to them, they earned it. 

18 minutes ago, BTF said:

Last year they were on the same boat. If you look at program performance over a 5-year span and a 10-year span, the Irish win. Please don't make me dig deeper into this tonight, I don't have time. 

You made the claim so confidently, burden of proof is on you.

16 minutes ago, BTF said:

What does DJ's performance last year have to do with how he performed against ND the year before?

No one expected ND to win the rematch. They actually looked pretty good the first quarter, they just couldn't catch a break and it snowballed from there. The better team won, I get it. On a neutral field, Clemson all day long. The night in South Bend belonged to the Irish...........wouldn't have mattered if Lawrence was in the game or not. Give that to them, they earned it. 

And the second matchup proved the first was a fluke.

4 minutes ago, BTF said:

No substance to your claim. 

ND won an OT game at home in a frenzied environment against Clemson with their backup QB.

Weeks later, Clemson beat ND by four possessions on a neutral field with their #1 overall draft pick under center.

Substance.

Edited by temptation

Winningest programs last ten years:

15 Michigan 81-42

7 Notre Dame 97-31

That's quite a difference. The big bad Big Ten isn't that much better than what Notre Dame has faced over that ten year span. Notre Dame was chosen to play in the national championship during that time and was chosen twice by a committee to compete in the playoff. Michigan was chosen one time during the same ten year time span. Winner: Notre Dame. Really not that close.

10 minutes ago, temptation said:

ND won an OT game at home in a frenzied environment against Clemson with their backup QB.

Weeks later, Clemson beat ND by four possessions on a neutral field with their #1 overall draft pick under center.

Substance.

No one said Notre Dame was the better team on a neutral field. They were the better team in South Bend against a Clemson quarterback who setting a passing record. 

We completely hijacked HHF's thread on Rising Programs, lol. Meet me over at the Next Level if you want to continue your beat down. 

Maybe start a new thread titled Indianapolis vs Fort Wayne so we can discuss our "cute" little football programs in more detail. Maybe we can further look into why Fort Wayne sends more players to the NFL, per capita, than Indy does. Or maybe we can talk about the 7 on 7 team from Fort Wayne who won the IMG National Championship a few years back. Then we can move onto the SAC's 22 state titles by six different teams. Might even be fun to put together Indy's all time team and match it up with Fort Wayne's. Tough hill for FW to climb being 1/5 the size of Indy, might be fun trying though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, BTF said:

Winningest programs last ten years:

15 Michigan 81-42

7 Notre Dame 97-31

That's quite a difference. The big bad Big Ten isn't that much better than what Notre Dame has faced over that ten year span. Notre Dame was chosen to play in the national championship during that time and was chosen twice by a committee to compete in the playoff. Michigan was chosen one time during the same ten year time span. Winner: Notre Dame. Really not that close.

SOS matters…playing OSU, PSU and MSU annually with Wisconsin as your crossover vs a USC outfit that is a shell of its former self, FSU who has gone downhill, Stanford who is no longer elite, Boston College and NAVY annually.

I might even concede the 10 year argument which included a coaching change for Michigan but 2020 (a year where ND played twice as many games and won 8 more than Michigan) really distorts your numbers.

Let’s get back on the high school topic.  

No one is rooting for parity in 6A more so than this guy.  I’d love for Carroll/Homestead to prove me wrong…I’m just no longer predicting it.

Edited by temptation

8 hours ago, temptation said:

SOS matters…playing OSU, PSU and MSU annually with Wisconsin as your crossover vs a USC outfit that is a shell of its former self, FSU who has gone downhill, Stanford who is no longer elite, Boston College and NAVY annually.

Irish also host the “Dabo NIL Whiners” this season. That should be interesting.

18 hours ago, temptation said:

No one is rooting for parity in 6A more so than this guy.  I’d love for Carroll/Homestead to prove me wrong…I’m just no longer predicting it.

You give an unbiased opinion statewide, even though you reside near Indy. That hasn't gone unnoticed. Nothing wrong with telling it as you see it. For now, we'll just continue to hope someone from outside of Indy comes to the plate in 6A. 

In the past it was always Carmel, Ben Davis, or Warren Central. It's hard to compete with their enrollments. A smaller school might catch two of them having an off season, but not all three. And that's why the big school landscape has been nomitated by them. Now add Center Grove and Westfield to the mix. The standard in Indy had been set, and the two forementioned have caught up. Now a program has to catch all five on a downslide. Tough hill to climb. But hey, get better or get used to it, right?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BTF said:

You give an unbiased opinion statewide, even though you reside near Indy. That hasn't gone unnoticed. Nothing wrong with telling it as you see it. For now, we'll just continue to hope someone from outside of Indy comes to the plate in 6A. 

In the past it was always Carmel, Ben Davis, or Warren Central. It's hard to compete with their enrollments. A smaller school might catch two of them having an off season, but not all three. And that's why the big school landscape has been nomitated by them. Now add Center Grove and Westfield to the mix. The standard in Indy had been set, and the two forementioned have caught up. Now a program has to catch all five on a downslide. Tough hill to climb. But hey, get better or get used to it, right?

I see HSE as the next to break thru.  The school will likely break 4000 in enrollment within the next 3 years.  Very strong and deep coaching staff.  They strike me as a bigger version of Westfield-Zionsville, which could be very dangerous when it all comes together.  

4 hours ago, HHF said:

I see HSE as the next to break thru.  The school will likely break 4000 in enrollment within the next 3 years.  Very strong and deep coaching staff.  They strike me as a bigger version of Westfield-Zionsville, which could be very dangerous when it all comes together.  

And from what I hear a pretty darn good team coming up this fall?

5 minutes ago, BTF said:

HSE, Westfield, Brownsburg will duke it out for the conference championship.  Franklin Central will surprise with several conference wins.  

This will be a pivotal year for the Noblesville program, and somewhat of a referendum on Dave Sharpe and his Power running offensive system.  The Millers will have 3 P5 D1 linemen in front of several experienced running backs and should run roughshod over opposing defenses.  If Sharpe cant win in The HCC with this team, then the system likely is not conducive to the style of play in this conference.

Mark Bless at Avon will be the next of the Bless brothers to step down.

Fishers was the conference team hurt most by covid, especially in the area of strength and development.  They are playing catch up.

Zionsville loses a ton of talent and is rebuilding.

11 minutes ago, BTF said:

Might be even better if the transfer rumors I’m hearing are true.

1 minute ago, HHF said:

HSE, Westfield, Brownsburg will duke it out for the conference championship.  Franklin Central will surprise with several conference wins.  

This will be a pivotal year for the Noblesville program, and somewhat of a referendum on Dave Sharpe and his Power running offensive system.  The Millers will have 3 P5 D1 linemen in front of several experienced running backs and should run roughshod over opposing defenses.  If Sharpe cant win in The HCC with this team, then the system likely is not conducive to the style of play in this conference.

Mark Bless at Avon will be the next of the Bless brothers to step down.

Fishers was the conference team hurt most by covid, especially in the area of strength and development.  They are playing catch up.

Several for FC huh?  Surprising.

12 minutes ago, temptation said:

Might be even better if the transfer rumors I’m hearing are true.

Several for FC huh?  Surprising.

If you go strictly by resume, experience, and championship success, Franklin Central has the top coaching staff in the conference.  That is huge at the high school level.  And should mean a few additional wins for the Flashes. 

19 minutes ago, HHF said:

The Millers will have 3 P5 D1 linemen in front of several experienced running backs and should run roughshod over opposing defenses.  

Has that ever happened before? Three P5 D1 linemen on the same team? That's one hell of a line. 

21 minutes ago, HHF said:

It's a shame they moved up to 6A. Does that mean there isn't an Indy presence in 5A this year? 

33 minutes ago, BTF said:

It's a shame they moved up to 6A. Does that mean there isn't an Indy presence in 5A this year? 

Decatur Central, Whiteland, Plainfield, and to a lesser extent Anderson and Franklin Community, but I'm not too sure if we can call the latter two as part of an "Indy presence."

Edited by roaringthunderdlr
add

32 minutes ago, BTF said:

Has that ever happened before? Three P5 D1 linemen on the same team? That's one hell of a line. 

Decatur Central becomes the top public 5A program in Indy.

Others chasing :

Whiteland

Plainfield

Indy suddenly very lean in 5A without Cathedral, New Pal and Zionsville. Roncalli likely to bump up fairly soon

32 minutes ago, BTF said:

Decatur Central, Plainfield and Whiteland are about as close as you can get. You can throw in Franklin as well, but that is starting to stretching it

3 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Decatur Central, Plainfield and Whiteland are about as close as you can get. You can throw in Franklin as well, but that is starting to stretching it

Franklin not in the picture

45 minutes ago, BTF said:

Roncalli has 3 this year as well :

Trevor Lauck - Iowa

Brady Neu - MAC

Luke Skartvedt  - Northern Illinois

https://247sports.com/Season/2023-Football/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=highschool&State=IN

I’m not sure why we are throwing dirt on top of Zionsville so quickly.  While I agree they should take a step back, they’ll grow up via their tough regular season schedule and be fairly formidable once the tournament starts.

I agree the move to 6A is poor timing but I don’t expect them to be HCC fodder either.

• Like 1