Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Rising Programs

1 hour ago, temptation said:

I’m not sure why we are throwing dirt on top of Zionsville so quickly.  While I agree they should take a step back, they’ll grow up via their tough regular season schedule and be fairly formidable once the tournament starts.

I agree the move to 6A is poor timing but I don’t expect them to be HCC fodder either.

The gap between the top team and the bottom team in The HCC is smaller than in any other conference in the state.  All 8 schools would likely wind up in the Top 30 programs statewide regardless of class.  

49 minutes ago, HHF said:

The gap between the top team and the bottom team in The HCC is smaller than in any other conference in the state.  All 8 schools would likely wind up in the Top 30 programs statewide regardless of class.  

So the term "rebuild" comes with an asterisk? 

10 hours ago, HHF said:

HSE, Westfield, Brownsburg will duke it out for the conference championship.  Franklin Central will surprise with several conference wins.  

This will be a pivotal year for the Noblesville program, and somewhat of a referendum on Dave Sharpe and his Power running offensive system.  The Millers will have 3 P5 D1 linemen in front of several experienced running backs and should run roughshod over opposing defenses.  If Sharpe cant win in The HCC with this team, then the system likely is not conducive to the style of play in this conference.

Mark Bless at Avon will be the next of the Bless brothers to step down.

Fishers was the conference team hurt most by covid, especially in the area of strength and development.  They are playing catch up.

Zionsville loses a ton of talent and is rebuilding.

Yeah I am not sold on FC yet.

3 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

Yeah I am not sold on FC yet.

solid improvement in Year 1 under Coach West

3 conf wins.

FRANKLIN CENTRAL

2021 SEASON (4-6)
Coach: Jayson West
Aug. 20 at Perry Meridian W 27 21    
Aug. 27   Indianapolis Roncalli L 13 34    
Sep. 3 at Brownsburg L 14 28    
Sep. 10   Zionsville W 24 21    
Sep. 17 at Avon W 30 23    
Sep. 24   Noblesville W 28 22    
Oct. 1 at Fishers L 8 37    
Oct. 8 at Hamilton Southeastern L 7 35    
Oct. 15   Westfield L 28 42    
Oct. 29   Center Grove L 7 35   sect
2020 SEASON (1-9)
Coach: Nick Eversole
Aug. 21   Perry Meridian W 40 14    
Aug. 28 at Indianapolis Roncalli L 6 36    
Sep. 4   Brownsburg L 7 35    
Sep. 11 at Zionsville L 0 27    
Sep. 18   Avon L 7 35    
Sep. 25 at Noblesville L 13 20    
Oct. 2   Fishers L 14 33    
Oct. 9   Hamilton Southeastern L 7 14    
Oct. 16 at Westfield L 0 35    
Oct. 30   Columbus East L 14 41   sect
11 minutes ago, temptation said:

So the term "rebuild" comes with an asterisk? 

They did lose the states top lineman, and had a strong senior class in 2021.

1 hour ago, HHF said:

what will it take to convince you they are for real?

Just because they won 3 conference games does not mean they are up or a rising program. I agree they can definitely can be "on the rise" but you can't just say that after one year. We will see how they are this year. It is a school that should be much better than they have been anyway.

On 5/22/2022 at 1:01 PM, tango said:

Might throw Ev. North into this category. They have some good young coaches and seem to be getting kids participating at a level not seen since the move out to Highway 41. 

Lots of pieces in place on 41.  LOADS of talent in the trenches, and high level skill in numerous places on the roster!  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, temptation said:

I’m not sure why we are throwing dirt on top of Zionsville so quickly.  While I agree they should take a step back, they’ll grow up via their tough regular season schedule and be fairly formidable once the tournament starts.

I agree the move to 6A is poor timing but I don’t expect them to be HCC fodder either.

It's about three years late and they got the benefit of a pair of visits to LOS in the interim.

Harrison's in the same boat in that they have a two-year two-minute warning that 6A is coming and a couple of seasons to do what they are going to do in 5A before heading up to a new bag in 6A.

1 hour ago, Indiana Fan said:

Just because they won 3 conference games does not mean they are up or a rising program. I agree they can definitely can be "on the rise" but you can't just say that after one year. We will see how they are this year. It is a school that should be much better than they have been anyway.

When you are historically 7th or 8th in the conference "rising" is the only direction, no?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, foxbat said:

It's about three years late and they got the benefit of a pair of visits to LOS in the interim.

Harrison's in the same boat in that they have a two-year two-minute warning that 6A is coming and a couple of seasons to do what they are going to do in 5A before heading up to a new bag in 6A.

Genuine question what makes Harrison better equipped to take out Decatur Central vs Zionsville ? Especially after 2020 season seems as though that Harrison team was loaded with talent and had it not been for a couple of late scores wouldn't have been within 3 scores of the Eagles. 

Most Indy Area teams would agree the talent gap between Zionsville and Decatur Central is razor thin if there is one at all . 

9 minutes ago, EasyEJay said:

Genuine question what makes Harrison better equipped to take out Decatur Central vs Zionsville ? Especially after 2020 season seems as though that Harrison team was loaded with talent and had it not been for a couple of late scores wouldn't have been within 3 scores of the Eagles. 

Most Indy Area teams would agree the talent gap between Zionsville and Decatur Central is razor thin if there is one at all . 

2021 was more disappointing for Harrison than the 2020 season vs. Zionsville.  Harrison is still on a rise as a program and still is feeling out the start/stops and sputters that often hit a team as they make that transition.  My boys have only been on the inside of the Harrison programs for about the last four years or so, so my understanding of the inner-workings is somewhat limited.  From what I've seen, however, the program is in an ascendancy and should see, hopefully, increased productivity in the coming years. 

I don't know that Harrison is better equipped to take out Decatur Central ... I'm not very familiar with DC.  What I have seen with the Harrison program in just the last few years, from a behind the scenes perspective, is increased competition at the undercard levels in building the pipeline.  A couple of seasons ago, Harrison had the largest freshman football class in the history of the school.  That team closed the gap with Westfield to a TD.  Last season, that freshman team as JV squad, forced Westfield to come from behind and kick a 40+yard field goal to escape with a 1-point win.  Historically, those games were never anywhere close with Westfield being heavily dominant.  I was looking forward to the Harrison-Westfield matchup season this year as a measuring stick to see if that idea of undercard moving through the pipeline pays dividends or not; however, Westfield won't have Harrison this upcoming season as they are going in a different direction facing off against Lawrence Central and New Pal while Harrison will faceoff against Plainfield and down-the-road foe West Lafayette.  In the past couple of seasons, Harrison's undercards have played a modified schedule rather than the NCC undercards.  Harrison's freshman squad played a couple of games against JV squads in the NCC rather than freshman counterparts and also played non-NCC when varsity played NCC.  Harrison's JV squad did similar a couple of times, since the NCC counterpart was playing Harrison's freshman squad, and played non-NCC competition like Chatard.

Where all of that will take Harrison is still to be seen.  Realize that it was just about a decade ago that Harrison had three back-to-back 0-10 seasons, so Harrison is still very much in a building part of the program.  Nonetheless, there's a lot of excitement as to where the program is and where it can get to.  The biggest downfall in all of this for Harrison, at least from where I see it, is that they are making good strides and doing well, but they are going to get thrust up into 6A before they likely get the chance to "stabilize" the growth that they've been seeing.  It is what it is though and you take the hands that you are dealt and move forward from there.  Hopefully the buy-in and momentum remains ... a good showing in 5A these next couple of seasons could go a long way feeding that fire. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

Debatable

Hints the word Most or : nearly all, almost all, the majority 

What I care about is some insight into Harrisons program. Unless you can offer that have a nice day Go Orioles!

8 minutes ago, foxbat said:

2021 was more disappointing for Harrison than the 2020 season vs. Zionsville.  Harrison is still on a rise as a program and still is feeling out the start/stops and sputters that often hit a team as they make that transition.  My boys have only been on the inside of the Harrison programs for about the last four years or so, so my understanding of the inner-workings is somewhat limited.  From what I've seen, however, the program is in an ascendancy and should see, hopefully, increased productivity in the coming years. 

I don't know that Harrison is better equipped to take out Decatur Central ... I'm not very familiar with DC.  What I have seen with the Harrison program in just the last few years, from a behind the scenes perspective, is increased competition at the undercard levels in building the pipeline.  A couple of seasons ago, Harrison had the largest freshman football class in the history of the school.  That team closed the gap with Westfield to a TD.  Last season, that freshman team as JV squad, forced Westfield to come from behind and kick a 40+yard field goal to escape with a 1-point win.  Historically, those games were never anywhere close with Westfield being heavily dominant.  I was looking forward to the Harrison-Westfield matchup season this year as a measuring stick to see if that idea of undercard moving through the pipeline pays dividends or not; however, Westfield won't have Harrison this upcoming season as they are going in a different direction facing off against Lawrence Central and New Pal while Harrison will faceoff against Plainfield and down-the-road foe West Lafayette.  In the past couple of seasons, Harrison's undercards have played a modified schedule rather than the NCC undercards.  Harrison's freshman squad played a couple of games against JV squads in the NCC rather than freshman counterparts and also played non-NCC when varsity played NCC.  Harrison's JV squad did similar a couple of times, since the NCC counterpart was playing Harrison's freshman squad, and played non-NCC competition like Chatard.

Where all of that will take Harrison is still to be seen.  Realize that it was just about a decade ago that Harrison had three back-to-back 0-10 seasons, so Harrison is still very much in a building part of the program.  Nonetheless, there's a lot of excitement as to where the program is and where it can get to.  The biggest downfall in all of this for Harrison, at least from where I see it, is that they are making good strides and doing well, but they are going to get thrust up into 6A before they likely get the chance to "stabilize" the growth that they've been seeing.  It is what it is though and you take the hands that you are dealt and move forward from there.  Hopefully the buy-in and momentum remains ... a good showing in 5A these next couple of seasons could go a long way feeding that fire. 

Thanks for the write-up I appreciate it! I will definitely be keeping an eye on that sectional this fall should be a fun one !

23 hours ago, HHF said:

solid improvement in Year 1 under Coach West

3 conf wins.

FRANKLIN CENTRAL

2021 SEASON (4-6)
Coach: Jayson West
Aug. 20 at Perry Meridian W 27 21    
Aug. 27   Indianapolis Roncalli L 13 34    
Sep. 3 at Brownsburg L 14 28    
Sep. 10   Zionsville W 24 21    
Sep. 17 at Avon W 30 23    
Sep. 24   Noblesville W 28 22    
Oct. 1 at Fishers L 8 37    
Oct. 8 at Hamilton Southeastern L 7 35    
Oct. 15   Westfield L 28 42    
Oct. 29   Center Grove L 7 35   sect
2020 SEASON (1-9)
Coach: Nick Eversole
Aug. 21   Perry Meridian W 40 14    
Aug. 28 at Indianapolis Roncalli L 6 36    
Sep. 4   Brownsburg L 7 35    
Sep. 11 at Zionsville L 0 27    
Sep. 18   Avon L 7 35    
Sep. 25 at Noblesville L 13 20    
Oct. 2   Fishers L 14 33    
Oct. 9   Hamilton Southeastern L 7 14    
Oct. 16 at Westfield L 0 35    
Oct. 30   Columbus East L 14 41   sect

They did lose the states top lineman, and had a strong senior class in 2021.

I think that Zionsville's culture and recent history of success allows them to get the benefit of the doubt...at least from me.  They have great culture and one of, if not THE lowest free/reduced rate (you HAD to know I was going there) of any public school in the state.  If they are indeed "down" this fall, it won't be for long.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, temptation said:

I think that Zionsville's culture and recent history of success allows them to get the benefit of the doubt...at least from me.  They have great culture and one of, if not THE lowest free/reduced rate (you HAD to know I was going there) of any public school in the state.  If they are indeed "down" this fall, it won't be for long.

Having seen Zionsville up close each of the last two seasons, I agree with you 100%. As long as they have coaching continuity, they’ll rise to the top. They are so organized, disciplined, and well-coached that it translates well from class to class. If they’re not there already, they’ll soon be in “reload” mode as opposed to “rebuild.”

• Like 1

On 5/22/2022 at 3:47 PM, BTF said:

I'll be the first to acknowledge that Notre Dame has their hands full in Week 1. But we also have to acknowledge that Freeman is recruiting at an Alabama/Georgia level. 

I like the Wolverines, but their body of work doesn't equate to Notre Dames over the past five years. You can cite scheduling all you want, but anyone reading this knows that the Irish have had the better program in recent years. 

The head to head beat down by the Wolverines on the Irish should equate to something!

On 5/22/2022 at 4:18 PM, temptation said:

Come on.  What metrics are you using?

I’ll even take this argument to another level and throw some shade at my own program.

Both Notre Dame and Michigan needed “acts of God” to win their biggest games in recent memory.

ND had an amazing night game atmosphere and ducked Trevor Lawrence.

Michigan needed Mother Nature to inject herself into the conversation last year to act as the 12th man against OSU.

The Carroll and Homestead analogy fits…except they still haven’t broken through.

Michigan didn't need the weather or whatever Buckeye excuse. They manhandled the Buckeyes upfront on both sides of the ball. They had more fight & desire that day and it clearly showed. 

As for the topic at hand, I'd say Eastside but they've actually probably jumped to the next level. They're excelling in multiple sports & extra curricular activities lately. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Basementbias said:

The head to head beat down by the Wolverines on the Irish should equate to something!

Michigan didn't need the weather or whatever Buckeye excuse. They manhandled the Buckeyes upfront on both sides of the ball. They had more fight & desire that day and it clearly showed. 

Michigan's beatdown of Notre Dame in a rainstorm equates to very little if you are comparing the programs over a five or ten year period. 

I agree that Michigan was beating the Buckeyes last year regardless of the weather. I think Temp is just being humble. 

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Michigan's beatdown of Notre Dame in a rainstorm equates to very little if you are comparing the programs over a five or ten year period. 

I agree that Michigan was beating the Buckeyes last year regardless of the weather. I think Temp is just being humble. 

Nicest thing you have ever said to me.  Its a start.

On 5/24/2022 at 8:44 AM, eschnur66 said:

Lots of pieces in place on 41.  LOADS of talent in the trenches, and high level skill in numerous places on the roster!  

Been hearing about this green wave that is supposed to be coming for a few years now and it hasn't materialized.

On 5/23/2022 at 4:30 PM, BTF said:

You give an unbiased opinion statewide, even though you reside near Indy. That hasn't gone unnoticed. Nothing wrong with telling it as you see it. 

I thought that was a nice complement.