Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Are we in a new 2-year Success Factor window?

5 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

Ie... The 3A sec of Death ....  seems unlikly that Webo can remain 3A bein slotted ther.... which in turn could bump Lcc outta sec 37... unless of course WeBos enrollment climbs to 3A.... n round n round it gose..... 

I kind of like the idea of LCC being slotted in the South in 2A.  get a chance to see a new mix of potential opponents from different neighborhoods and counties in the post season.

4 minutes ago, foxbat said:

I kind of like the idea of LCC being slotted in the South in 2A.  get a chance to see a new mix of potential opponents from different neighborhoods and counties in the post season.

Exactly.... n only a hr to Indy... a trip to say... MD would b a long one.... but not like Lcc hasnt road tripped around the State in the past for games...fun to c those 2 match up sometime.....  im down w it....

36 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

Ie... The 3A sec of Death ....  seems unlikly that Webo can remain 3A bein slotted ther.... which in turn could bump Lcc outta sec 37... unless of course WeBos enrollment climbs to 3A.... n round n round it gose..... 

Or Roncalli's sectional 22 prior to Chatard arriving as an example of the other extreme.  (Attucks had less that 25 players on the team last year.)

9 minutes ago, fenderbender said:

Or Roncalli's sectional 22 prior to Chatard arriving as an example of the other extreme.  (Attucks had less that 25 players on the team last year.)

Sectional 28, the Sectional of Death, is also known as the IHSAA Catholic Invitational.  About four or five years ago, the Pope made West Lafayette, despite the Red Devil mascot, honorary Catholics and the IHSAA confirmed it by making sure they were paired with their "fellow Catholics."

You just knew Chatard was going in the same sectional with Roncalli when they moved up.  Sectional 22 is the IHSAA Catholic Invitational Lite.  I'm just surprised they didn't find a way to squeeze Memorial and South Bend St. Joe into that sectional.  Might have been "too obvious" if that happened.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Sectional 28, the Sectional of Death, is also known as the IHSAA Catholic Invitational.  About four or five years ago, the Pope made West Lafayette, despite the Red Devil mascot, honorary Catholics and the IHSAA confirmed it by making sure they were paired with their "fellow Catholics."

You just knew Chatard was going in the same sectional with Roncalli when they moved up.  Sectional 22 is the IHSAA Catholic Invitational Lite.  I'm just surprised they didn't find a way to squeeze Memorial and South Bend St. Joe into that sectional.  Might have been "too obvious" if that happened.

Naw..... Sec 38 will b the Catholic Lite Sec of Death... when they put Secenia, Ritter, Lcc, n grant Honorary admissision to Hert Chris, Cov Chris da Lutherns...... n 2 other other poor schmucks..... LoL

30 minutes ago, foxbat said:

It is baffling to me why they put them in the same sectional.   If one wanted to guarantee Chatard to stay in 4A forever, they would put them in another one.  (Though there is every chance they could beat Roncalli two years in a row and stay up.)  Or maybe they think Roncalli will move up to 5A and then Chatard wins that sectional every year and stays up.

Just now, BendNotBreak said:

Naw..... Sec 38 will b the Catholic Lite Sec of Death... when they put Secenia, Ritter, Lcc, n grant Honorary admissision to Hert Chris, Cov Chris da Lutherns...... n 2 other other poor schmucks..... LoL

Should put HC, Lutheran, and Covenant Christian in Sectional 37 and put LCC, Scecina, Ritter, and Mater Dei in Sectional 38.  The regional could be billed as the Reformation Revenge Regional.  Instead of foam fingers, the could sell foam church doors.

3 minutes ago, fenderbender said:

It is baffling to me why they put them in the same sectional.   If one wanted to guarantee Chatard to stay in 4A forever, they would put them in another one.  (Though there is every chance they could beat Roncalli two years in a row and stay up.)  Or maybe they think Roncalli will move up to 5A and then Chatard wins that sectional every year and stays up.

Knee-jerk reaction?

9 minutes ago, fenderbender said:

I said the same thing last year.  Still, the instinct to knock a perennial Catholic power out in a Sectional is just too strong to resist for the IHSAA versus taking the long view.

It wouldn’t (or won’t) be any different if Roncalli and Cathedral were in the same class….in fact we saw it just a few years ago. Roncalli and Cathedral were paired in Sectional and New Pal (who is literally next door to Roncalli) was sent North. 

Edited by Lysander
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, fenderbender said:

Is the goal to keep them in 4A forever? Probably not.  I am always torn on the success factor. In the big picture it is probably necessary, but I don't know if it is fair to punish a class/grade or 2 behind a dominate group of athletes.  

11 minutes ago, MarshallCounty said:

Is the goal to keep them in 4A forever? Probably not.  I am always torn on the success factor. In the big picture it is probably necessary, but I don't know if it is fair to punish a class/grade or 2 behind a dominate group of athletes.  

Maybe not a goal, but I bet Pioneer would argue that they are being set up to be in 2A for a while.

Some, (not me), would argue that Chatard has demonstrated by their record that they should be playing against better competition.  We can argue if 4A is better excluding the top 2-3 teams, but the success factor assumes that bigger is better competition

Edited by fenderbender

14 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Should put HC, Lutheran, and Covenant Christian in Sectional 37 and put LCC, Scecina, Ritter, and Mater Dei in Sectional 38.  The regional could be billed as the Reformation Revenge Regional.  Instead of foam fingers, the could sell foam church doors.

Now that is hilarious.... dont care who u r..... n entirely possible..... lol

19 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

Now that is hilarious.... dont care who u r..... n entirely possible..... lol

Ultimately, you'd need them all to end up in 1A so that you could place them in Sectionals 47 and 48. 

6 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

Neg Ghost Rider.... No P/P should b i 1A.... didnt u get da memo?

Yeah, but you can't get to 95 in any of the other classes.

47 minutes ago, Lysander said:

I said the same thing last year.  Still, the instinct to knock a perennial Catholic power out in a Sectional is just too strong to resist for the IHSAA versus taking the long view.

It wouldn’t (or won’t) be any different if Roncalli and Cathedral were in the same class….in fact we saw it just a few years ago. Roncalli and Cathedral were paired in Sectional and New Pal (who is literally next door to Roncalli) was sent North. 

Yep....That has been goin on w Cathedral, Roncalli, Chatard since they went to the all in torney.... jus  cant help themselves ....... its now a fixture......

1 hour ago, fenderbender said:

It is baffling to me why they put them in the same sectional. 

Even more baffling is why they put Hamilton Heights in that sectional. Volleyball is even worse.

27. Indianapolis Bishop Chatard (7): Brebeuf Jesuit, Christel House, Guerin Catholic, Hamilton Heights, Heritage Christian, Indianapolis Bishop Chatard, Indianapolis Shortridge

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Even more baffling is why they put Hamilton Heights in that sectional. Volleyball is even worse.

27. Indianapolis Bishop Chatard (7): Brebeuf Jesuit, Christel House, Guerin Catholic, Hamilton Heights, Heritage Christian, Indianapolis Bishop Chatard, Indianapolis Shortridge

How long has HH been sentenced to the Sec of Death?  Not sure what they did to deserve it... seems to me they should b eligble for parole by now? 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

How long has HH been sentenced to the Sec of Death?

Since 2018

6 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

Not sure what they did to deserve it...

They touched Chatard's sledgehammer at midfield in the 2010 Regional game.

7 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

seems to me they should b eligble for parole by now? 

I don't think those Catholics forget, do they @Lysander?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Since 2018

We remember.

1 hour ago, fenderbender said:

Maybe not a goal, but I bet Pioneer would argue that they are being set up to be in 2A for a while.

Some, (not me), would argue that Chatard has demonstrated by their record that they should be playing against better competition.  We can argue if 4A is better excluding the top 2-3 teams, but the success factor assumes that bigger is better competition

I’d, personally, love Chatard to be a permanent fixture in 4A (and have said so for years) but it’s never quite worked out per the SF.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Since 2018

I heard that someone was questioning Coach Kirschner on the use of the term "fish fry" and he said, "Hey, it's not what you are insinuating.  I have friends that are Catholic.  Even play against a couple of Catholic or honorary Catholic teams during the year."  Viola, Sectional of Death.  Why do you think Coach Sayler is so quiet when they ask him questions about LCC?  He doesn't want Twin Lakes to get tossed into the Sectional of Death for consorting with Catholics. 😀  I heard that Guerin was trying to convince someone that it's spelled "Guerin," but it's pronounced Luther.

Edited by foxbat
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, foxbat said:

I think LCC has a decent shot at a sectional tile in 2A if they continue to play the way they have the last couple of weeks.  Monrovia and Speedway will provide a couple of challenges there, but it'll be nice getting a couple of ranked or near-ranked opponents, if the ping pong balls bounce that way, early in the tourney.  Of course there's the "Be Careful What You Wish For" scenario, as I suspect the odd-on favorite coming out of Sectional 38 is going to be ranked Heritage Christian.

LCC should win that sectional in most years as it stands right now.  

3 hours ago, foxbat said:

South is the way to go in 2A.  No Luers.  No Andrean.  No Eastbrook.  No Pioneer.  No RC or Lewis Cass.  No Tipton.  No Bremen. 

What's left in the south now?  Mater Dei?  Triton Central?  Heritage Christian?  Scecina?  

Although I think the last 6 titles were won by the team from the south, I think the last 5 of those are in 3A now in Western Boone, Southridge, and Ritter.  And Monrovia has gone to 3A and come back to 2A since then.

8 minutes ago, XStar said:

LCC should win that sectional in most years as it stands right now.  

Ehhh... not so sure... 1A in enrollment makes it tuff to reload yr after yr... prob hav to recruit better for that to happen.... but every now n then.... gotta say it was pretty cool cing 2 1A kids on the field at the PU ND game.....

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

Ehhh... not so sure... 1A in enrollment makes it tuff to reload yr after yr... prob hav to recruit better for that to happen.... but every now n then.... gotta say it was pretty cool cing 2 1A kids on the field at the PU ND game.....

Honestly I would not be surprised to see LCC win the south in their better years, at least as it currently stands.  That said, I fully expect them to get moved to the North when they re-align sectionals.