Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

1A Tournament Discussion

Sectional 46 probably has the nod for the potential southern rep.  Probably Sectional 44 for the north.  Spoilers would be Winamac in the north and Covenant Christian in the south.  Dark horses would be Traders Point Christian in the north and Springs Valley in the south. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CoachVeatch said:

There isn't a bunch of 1A talk on here like there used to be. @foxbat is on the up and up and @Basementbias is king of Adams county in these parts. Should be an exciting postseason with a lot of good football. Hopefully the dreaded virus doesn't pop up and affect anything.

With my recent retirement from coaching last season, LCC's move up to 2A, and my sons' involvement at Harrison ... along with new work duties ... I've had a lot less interaction with 1A this season.  Hoping to maybe catch a couple of 1A games during the tourney.

25 minutes ago, CoachVeatch said:

There isn't a bunch of 1A talk on here like there used to be. @foxbat is on the up and up and @Basementbias is king of Adams county in these parts. Should be an exciting postseason with a lot of good football. Hopefully the dreaded virus doesn't pop up and affect anything.

I'm excited but a bit anxious from the draw as an AC fan. Churubusco is always tough to play, especially at their place. I never count out Southwood as they've had our number lately, if both advance. Then you have SA and your Golden Bears in that sectional. Curious if Wanner will be back for SA if those 2 meet up. He can cause problems if he is. MC vs AC regional would be a tough game as well.

29 minutes ago, CoachVeatch said:

you gonna pop over there and get a pork burger next Friday?

Doubt it. Most likely watch the webcast on The Berne Witness.

27 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

Lutherans from the south and Adams Centrals from the north and I’ll say it right to your face 

Hope you are right for the North!

3 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

Lutherans from the south and Adams Centrals from the north and I’ll say it right to your face 

Oh yeah?  Never discount Central Catholic.  I know it won't happen for awhile, but I'd love to see a team from the eastern 812 area such as Switzerland County do something in the tournament.  Yes, I have Swiss heritage, but that's not important right now...

1 hour ago, Gipper said:

Oh yeah?  Never discount Central Catholic.  I know it won't happen for awhile, but I'd love to see a team from the eastern 812 area such as Switzerland County do something in the tournament.  Yes, I have Swiss heritage, but that's not important right now...

Gotta wait a couple of years minimum as LCC's hanging out in 2A south this season.

• Like 1

Lutheran v AC is pretty much a done deal.  Busco or Monroe Central will be the best game AC gets in the North and they’re still -21 in both game.  SA and Southwood are way down from last year and no LCC to worry about.  

Deep thought: had the classes not been frozen this year AC would be up in 2A with a sectional date with Luers.

5 minutes ago, Purdue Pete said:

Lutheran v AC is pretty much a done deal.  Busco or Monroe Central will be the best game AC gets in the North and they’re still -21 in both game.  SA and Southwood are way down from last year and no LCC to worry about.  

Deep thought: had the classes not been frozen this year AC would be up in 2A with a sectional date with Luers.

But isnt Luers also close to 3A?... fits my theory that power porgrams at peak enrollment...can b tigers by the tail....

2 hours ago, Gipper said:

Come on Gippers. LCC is finishing its success penalty and there’s no a threat from the Deep South. I swear to God there isn’t 

12 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

Come on Gippers. LCC is finishing its success penalty and there’s no a threat from the Deep South. I swear to God there isn’t 

It's kind of interesting that last year there was all of that "sky is falling" stuff about Covenant Christian recruiting from Ben Davis and their reigning dynasty.  Funny what a summer break will do to fear.  Heck, the Woofs have better odds to make it to LOS than Covenant Christian does.

1 hour ago, Purdue Pete said:

I think this is the best team to come out of AC in 20 years, but would dread a matchup with luers.Considering we are 1-12 in semi state games, i would not consider anything free.

1 hour ago, foxbat said:

It's kind of interesting that last year there was all of that "sky is falling" stuff about Covenant Christian recruiting from Ben Davis and their reigning dynasty.  Funny what a summer break will do to fear.  Heck, the Woofs have better odds to make it to LOS than Covenant Christian does.

I think Dee Tees stirred that up quite a bit 

13 minutes ago, 260AC said:

I think this is the best team to come out of AC in 20 years, but would dread a matchup with luers.Considering we are 1-12 in semi state games, i would not consider anything free.

The 05 season (06 graduating class) & 06 (07 graduating class) were good teams with talent. You also had the 03 team that didn't finish in semi state after being up by 21 at half I believe. Macklin made the 16-18 teams fun to watch as well.

3 hours ago, Purdue Pete said:

I don’t think anyone should say it’s a done deal for AC to make it to LOS. We have a really good team with a lot of speed, but the ACAC point differentials prove nothing. The conference is incredibly down, so it’s hard to say how good this team really is. The only legit team we played beat us (Eastside in week 2 21-19).

Busco presents a legit challenge in round 1. They’re physical and have experience in the skill positions. I’d like to see how the Jets perform against a good out-of-conference team before saying LOS is at all likely.  

Edited by FlyingHigh
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Basementbias said:

The 05 season (06 graduating class) & 06 (07 graduating class) were good teams with talent. You also had the 03 team that didn't finish in semi state after being up by 21 at half I believe. Macklin made the 16-18 teams fun to watch as well.

Yep those teams were great, and had physical defenses, but never scored 50 points a game. The edge is in the offense this year for AC the defense is always there

You'd have to say Lutheran is the prohibitive favorite to come out of the south.  They've been pretty dominant all season long.

Adams Central would be the favorite in the north, but that Monroe Central defense has looked pretty impressive this season.  If defense wins championships, they could be the darkhorse team.

4 minutes ago, 260AC said:

Yep those teams were great, and had physical defenses, but never scored 50 points a game. The edge is in the offense this year for AC the defense is always there

The competition in conference was much better. See Southern Wells and Heritage as you probably know. Also the offensive philosophy we played under wasn't to score 50. It was to grind it out in a long physical & methodical approach. I remember coach telling us in 06 why he was adamant about which direction we would go in the 4th quarter vs SW. SW had to convert a 4th down near mid field to keep their chances alive in the sectional final. There is/was a slight slope and they were going uphill. Biggest play of the game and he's explaining to us underclassmen all of this. Everyone knows that the FB was getting the ball for SW, just if he could be stopped or not. Just before SW breaks the huddle he says something to the effect the FB's tired legs will have trouble getting up that hill with the defense we have called. Sure enough he got stuffed which wasn't normal for him. From that point on, I always felt he was more concerned with time of possession and giving body blows on offense and letting our defense win the game. Also think it was he could then sub more defensive guys into the game as well to limit the wear and tear of the 2 way guys.

3 hours ago, Basementbias said:

The competition in conference was much better. See Southern Wells and Heritage as you probably know. Also the offensive philosophy we played under wasn't to score 50. It was to grind it out in a long physical & methodical approach. I remember coach telling us in 06 why he was adamant about which direction we would go in the 4th quarter vs SW. SW had to convert a 4th down near mid field to keep their chances alive in the sectional final. There is/was a slight slope and they were going uphill. Biggest play of the game and he's explaining to us underclassmen all of this. Everyone knows that the FB was getting the ball for SW, just if he could be stopped or not. Just before SW breaks the huddle he says something to the effect the FB's tired legs will have trouble getting up that hill with the defense we have called. Sure enough he got stuffed which wasn't normal for him. From that point on, I always felt he was more concerned with time of possession and giving body blows on offense and letting our defense win the game. Also think it was he could then sub more defensive guys into the game as well to limit the wear and tear of the 2 way guys.

We can agree to disagree. Rick Minnich is as oldschool as it comes,  but the same plan goes on with Moser, still a ground and pound, out-condition-you team. I really dont think they are planning on scoring 50 now, but no team in the pathetic ACAC can stop them even on the most basic plays. They scheduled parke heritage who was #3 when we played them and eastside, cant do too much more. We will see how good they truly are when they play busco.

Edited by 260AC

10 hours ago, BendNotBreak said:

But isnt Luers also close to 3A?... fits my theory that power porgrams at peak enrollment...can b tigers by the tail....

According to IHSAA enrollment for last year they were at 542.  Daneville is at the top of 3A at 801.  Seems Luers planted firmly in 2A until they win state this year.

Norwell was at 800 so they’re in the same boat as AC in that they’re benefitting this year by playing down a class from where they should be (3A v 4A)

2 hours ago, Purdue Pete said:

According to IHSAA enrollment for last year they were at 542.  Daneville is at the top of 3A at 801.  Seems Luers planted firmly in 2A until they win state this year.

Norwell was at 800 so they’re in the same boat as AC in that they’re benefitting this year by playing down a class from where they should be (3A v 4A)

Thx pete.... another reason 2 keep n eye on Danville.....