Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Transfers

3 minutes ago, temptation said:

The frequency with which it is happening has and will continue to increase.

STARTERS for WARREN CENTRAL are departing for the suburbs.  Don’t be so dense.

Wanna continue that SES rabbit hole?

Kids have been flighting to the suburbs for literally 30+ years. This isn’t news. 

8 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Kids have been flighting to the suburbs for literally 30+ years. This isn’t news. 

Not football players.  Ben Davis and Warren have been THE transfer destinations for talented football players for 30+ years…this would have been unheard of even as recently as 10 years ago.

Once again, you are being too dense.  These aren’t guys who got lost in the shuffle at Warren and were looking for increased playing time elsewhere…these were STARTERS for the most prestigious 6A program in Indy.

16 minutes ago, temptation said:

Not football players.  Ben Davis and Warren have been THE transfer destinations for talented football players for 30+ years…this would have been unheard of even as recently as 10 years ago.

Once again, you are being too dense.  These aren’t guys who got lost in the shuffle at Warren and were looking for increased playing time elsewhere…these were STARTERS for the most prestigious 6A program in Indy.

Doubt they’re looking for increased playing time elsewhere as they were already starters at Warren Central. They’re transferring to better football programs for an increased chance of playing at the next level. Warren isn’t churning out players like they used too.

8 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Doubt they’re looking for increased playing time elsewhere as they were already starters at Warren Central. They’re transferring to better football programs for an increased chance of playing at the next level. Warren isn’t churning out players like they used too.

Checkmate.

17 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

What does that have to do with SES?

Once again, stop being so dense.  The gentleman above just stated “safety” as one of the main reasons for moving his children to the suburbs. I believe it is often referred to as urban sprawl/white flight.

As I have mentioned in multiple threads, the issues facing students in the city as opposed to rural/suburban schools are night and day.  

Just turn on the news every once in a while…especially if you want to be depressed.

Look at the data as it relates to crime and where it takes place…(hint, it isn’t Hamilton, Hancock, Boone, Johnson or Hendricks County most often).  

If you cannot connect the dots, I don’t know what to tell you.

Warren and Ben Davis’ best days as football programs are behind them.

Side note:  How in the hell are you telling me on about things that have been happening for 30+ years when I’m pretty certain you weren’t even fertilized before then?

Edited by temptation
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

Once again, stop being so dense.  The gentleman above just stated “safety” as one of the main reasons for moving his children to the suburbs. I believe it is often referred to as urban sprawl/white flight.

As I have mentioned in multiple threads, the issues facing students in the city as opposed to rural/suburban schools are night and day.  

Just turn on the news every once in a while…especially if you want to be depressed.

Look at the data as it relates to crime and where it takes place…(hint, it isn’t Hamilton, Hancock, Boone, Johnson or Hendricks County most often).  

If you cannot connect the dots, I don’t know what to tell you.

Warren and Ben Davis’ best days as football programs are behind them.

Side note:  How in the hell are you telling me on about things that have been happening for 30+ years when I’m pretty certain you weren’t even fertilized before then?

I'm not being dense, the gentleman above has stated that his son hasn't been cleared (neither has the Cathedral transfer) so it may very well be a case of transferring to a better program without a picking up and moving everything. This very well could be an athletically motivated transfer and why the IHSAA nor Warren have signed off.

I lived literally across the street from Tech for 4 years and it hasn't been long since I moved north. I know exactly what goes on in the inner-city schools. I was tutor for schools on wheels for over 5 years. Your opinion of me couldn't be more wrong. 

I'm in my early 30's, I was a product of urban sprawl. I get it and it doesn't take a genius either to understand that people have been moving out of the city and into the suburbs for decades, it's not an Indianapolis thing. Given the current housing market, you're starting to see more and more young and up and coming families buying inside the loop. It's the only thing that is affordable. It's either going to benefit the private schools even more than it has but likely you're going to see a turnaround in some of the township schools. It's a ways out but I wouldn't put it past anything. 

46 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

I think you're making a huge assumption. You are assuming that their transfer had anything to do with football. It seems like football wasn't in their decision at all. They were starters at Warren. 

4 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

I'm not being dense, the gentleman above has stated that his son hasn't been cleared (neither has the Cathedral transfer) so it may very well be a case of transferring to a better program without a picking up and moving everything. This very well could be an athletically motivated transfer and why the IHSAA nor Warren have signed off.

I lived literally across the street from Tech for 4 years and it hasn't been long since I moved north. I know exactly what goes on in the inner-city schools. I was tutor for schools on wheels for over 5 years. Your opinion of me couldn't be more wrong. 

I'm in my early 30's, I was a product of urban sprawl. I get it and it doesn't take a genius either to understand that people have been moving out of the city and into the suburbs for decades, it's not an Indianapolis thing. Given the current housing market, you're starting to see more and more young and up and coming families buying inside the loop. It's the only thing that is affordable. It's either going to benefit the private schools even more than it has but likely you're going to see a turnaround in some of the township schools. It's a ways out but I wouldn't put it past anything. 

My point about safety still stands.  His words, not mine.  

Folks with the means to do so will continue to move to the suburbs and sports like football and basketball (which used to be immune) will continue to decline in Marion County.  It happens in every major American city.  It’s common sense.

The sheer fact that you mentioned the possibility of NEW PALESTINE being a “better program” than WARREN CENTRAL speaks volumes and actually proves my point.

The outward sprawl will continue to push on and leave Marion County in its wake.

2 hours ago, Southside said:

I think you're making a huge assumption. You are assuming that their transfer had anything to do with football. It seems like football wasn't in their decision at all. They were starters at Warren. 

Reading is hard for some.

6 minutes ago, temptation said:

Reading is hard for some.

Like I said in an earlier post, I'll defer to the Indy guys on this topic of Warren Central. However, I have a hard time believing that a few transfers are enough to break a program that resides at a school with a student body of 3500 kids. I have to see it to believe it. They have a state championship to their credit in recent memory. 

Just now, BTF said:

Like I said in an earlier post, I'll defer to the Indy guys on this topic of Warren Central. However, I have a hard time believing that a few transfers are enough to break a program that resides at a school with a student body of 3500 kids. I have to see it to believe it. They have a state championship to their credit in recent memory

Warren doesn't enjoy the enrollment advantage they once did. There's now 11 Indy-area high schools who have 3,000+ kids and Westfield and Center Grove are fast approaching. 

4 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Warren doesn't enjoy the enrollment advantage they once did. There's now 11 Indy-area high schools who have 3,000+ kids and Westfield and Center Grove are fast approaching. 

Valid point. Not the advantage they once had. But an advantage nonetheless if you couple their enrollment with a good coach. Time will tell. 

1 minute ago, BTF said:

Valid point. Not the advantage they once had. But an advantage nonetheless if you couple their enrollment with a good coach. Time will tell. 

Jayson West. 3 state titles, 2 different teams. He was a good coach. Went 4-6 his last year.

Mike Kirschner. Also a state title winner. Went 5-4 last year and lost in the first round to 3-6 Lawrence Central.

Looking at their regular season schedule, I struggle to find 5 wins. They get to .500 playing in the sectional of death that is sectional 7, but are likely a 2-3 TD underdog in their regional game with Cathedral.

Warren Central can and likely will have a state caliber team again at some point. But the days of them winning games before kick off is likely in the rearview mirror. 

• Like 1

Temp:  “These aren’t guys who got lost in the shuffle at Warren and were looking for increased playing time elsewhere…these were STARTERS for the most prestigious 6A program in Indy.“

FBK:  “Doubt they’re looking for increased playing time elsewhere as they were already starters at Warren Central.”

I mean, it’s just too easy sometimes.

21 minutes ago, BTF said:

Like I said in an earlier post, I'll defer to the Indy guys on this topic of Warren Central. However, I have a hard time believing that a few transfers are enough to break a program that resides at a school with a student body of 3500 kids. I have to see it to believe it. They have a state championship to their credit in recent memory. 

But could it be representative of a larger problem?  Is it the new norm?

Time will tell but this would have been unheard of as recently as 5-10 years ago.

Edited by temptation

16 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Plus, all 3000+ schools are not created equal.  

You are talking 1500-1900 boys but at places with high FRL rates, many of those students are “no goes” from the first call out meeting.

Doesn’t matter how great the coach is.

Plus, all 3000+ schools are not created equal.  

You are talking 1500-1900 boys but at places with high FRL rates, many of those students are “no goes” from the first call out meeting.

Doesn’t matter how great the coach is.

Noblesville has 1500-1900 boys and F/R/L rate that’s half of Warren Central and I’m taking Warren 9/10 times and I don’t care if Vince Lombardi and Bill Parcells are splitting head coaching duties. 

Fishers is up there as well.

6 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Noblesville has 1500-1900 boys and F/R/L rate that’s half of Warren Central and I’m taking Warren 9/10 times and I don’t care if Vince Lombardi and Bill Parcells are splitting head coaching duties. 

Fishers is up there as well.

Give it 3-4 years…don’t ignore the trends.  

Brownsburg/Westfield used to be in Warren’s rear view mirror, now they are on par with/have surpassed Warren.

BTW:  Warren’s is probably closer to triple Noblesville/Fishers.

Edited by temptation

2 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

My bad.

Cant believe all those $15 daily meal preps from Freshly hasn’t netted a winning football program.

You’re deflecting with your terrible sense of humor again…very unattractive.

Hell, look no father than Center Grove.

A CG win over Warren was considered an upset in the 2000’s…

CG went 3-9 against Warren from 2000-2009…with Eric Moore at the helm.

They are 9-9 since.

What changed?

Edited by temptation

You’re deflecting with your terrible sense of humor again…very unattractive.

Hell, look no father than Center Grove.

A CG win over Warren was considered an upset in the 2000’s…

CG went 3-9 against Warren from 2000-2009…with Eric Moore at the helm.

They are 9-9 since.

What changed?

They stopped serving sack lunches in the Center Grove cafeteria???

5 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

They stopped serving sack lunches in the Center Grove cafeteria???

Another poor attempt/deflection.

I’ll help.

1.  CG’s enrollment grew and SES remained consistent while Warren’s stayed stagnant yet their SES increased significantly (nearly doubled since 2000).

2.  CG nailed their hire and has had tremendous coaching consistency (it’s a factor no doubt, aren’t you proud of me?) while Warren has been a revolving door and has hit the reset button for one reason or another FIVE times over the last two decades.

Warren’s revolving door of coaches (they’ve lost their OC and DC to other schools just in the last 3 months also) has now begun to extend to players.  

Meanwhile, transfers are FLOCKING to CG.

How much longer can we pretend “there’s nothing to see here?”

Edited by temptation

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

Another poor attempt/deflection.

I’ll help.

1.  CG’s enrollment grew and SES remained consistent while Warren’s stayed stagnant yet their SES increased significantly (nearly doubled since 2000).

2.  CG nailed their hire and has had tremendous coaching consistency (it’s a factor no doubt, aren’t you proud of me?) while Warren has been a revolving door and has hit the reset button for one reason or another FIVE times over the last two decades.

Warren’s revolving door of coaches (they’ve lost their OC and DC to other schools just in the last 3 months) has now begun to extend to players.  

Meanwhile, transfers are FLOCKING to CG.

How much longer can we pretend “there’s nothing to see here?”

You could have just said Eric Moore and I probably would have even given you a thumbs up sign.

2 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

You could have just said Eric Moore and I probably would have even given you a thumbs up sign.

3-9 against Warren in the 2000’s though…

He must’ve gone to some coaching clinics in 2011, huh?

Edited by temptation

3-9 against Warren in the 2000’s though…

He must’ve gone to some coaching clinics in 2011, huh?

I know he was, you already mentioned it.

Rome wasn’t built in a day and neither was the Center Grove football program. Coach Moore’s commitment to building an excellent football program is an extremely attractive selling point to families looking to move into Johnson County. 

What’s Center Grove today without Eric Moore? Another Noblesville.