Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Transfers

7 minutes ago, temptation said:

3-9 against Warren in the 2000’s though…

He must’ve gone to some coaching clinics in 2011, huh?

Warren Central had Kevin Wright in the 2000's, that has to account for something.

30 minutes ago, BTF said:

Warren Central had Kevin Wright in the 2000's, that has to account for something.

Yep.  No doubt.  I’ve acknowledged that coaching matters.  The queen is all or nothing.  He lived across from Tech forgodsakes!!!

Warren was THE transfer destination then and had their FRL in the sweet spot also.

Everything CG is nowadays.

Your nerf gun is out of bullets @Footballking16.

Edited by temptation

4 minutes ago, temptation said:

No bigger fan of Homestead or Carroll in this forum then this guy…

Pretty good chance that neither of them will even win the SAC this year. I just don't see them playing at a high 6A level this year. I hope I'm wrong. 

15 hours ago, BTF said:

Like I said in an earlier post, I'll defer to the Indy guys on this topic of Warren Central. However, I have a hard time believing that a few transfers are enough to break a program that resides at a school with a student body of 3500 kids. I have to see it to believe it. They have a state championship to their credit in recent memory. 

Warren won't be broke. Two kids will not make or break a program of 150 kids. They will still be the powerhouse they are, though some argue that is fading. Only time will tell. This yea'sr is very talented, more experienced, and should be considered a state champ contender this season and future seasons. Knowing that what they have in the pipeline Warren could go on a run if not at least win one or two in the next three years. They have some really great classes following behind 2023.

As for the reason for it not being signed off on yet, it is a process and Warren has to deem whether it is in the best interest for the student-athlete, which means they basically will determine if it is athletically motivated. That is part of the process.

On 6/23/2022 at 12:48 PM, Footballking16 said:

Kids have been flighting to the suburbs for literally 30+ years. This isn’t news. 

On 6/23/2022 at 12:58 PM, temptation said:

Not football players.  Ben Davis and Warren have been THE transfer destinations for talented football players for 30+ years…this would have been unheard of even as recently as 10 years ago.

Once again, you are being too dense.  These aren’t guys who got lost in the shuffle at Warren and were looking for increased playing time elsewhere…these were STARTERS for the most prestigious 6A program in Indy.

On 6/23/2022 at 1:50 PM, temptation said:

Side note:  How in the hell are you telling me on about things that have been happening for 30+ years when I’m pretty certain you weren’t even fertilized before then?

I was fertilized and hard-boiled by 30+ years ago and I can tell you that it is something that's been happening easily for the past 30+ years.  It's not always about football and, most of the time, it has little to do with football. 

3 minutes ago, foxbat said:

I was fertilized and hard-boiled by 30+ years ago and I can tell you that it is something that's been happening easily for the past 30+ years.  It's not always about football and, most of the time, it has little to do with football. 

I'll see your 30 and bump it up to 50.

6 minutes ago, FootballFan28 said:

What happens if the transfers aren’t approved? 

They are granted "limited eligibility" in most cases; meaning they are only eligible for sub varsity games. There are cases where a student is just declared ineligible, so they have to stay at the school they transferred to for a year without playing any sport they did at the previous school. In those cases, the students usually just go back to the school they transferred from. 

49 minutes ago, Irishman said:

They are granted "limited eligibility" in most cases; meaning they are only eligible for sub varsity games. There are cases where a student is just declared ineligible, so they have to stay at the school they transferred to for a year without playing any sport they did at the previous school. In those cases, the students usually just go back to the school they transferred from. 

Which makes @DannyT one of the smartest humans in this forum for citing “safety/non football related” reasons for the move…no matter how true.

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

Thank you. Wasn’t sure how that would play out considering they are seniors. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Which makes @DannyT one of the smartest humans in this forum for citing “safety/non football related” reasons for the move…no matter how true.

If it’s safety/non football related it would have to be approved. 

Just now, FootballFan28 said:

If it’s safety/non football related it would have to be approved. 

Yep.  Thanks for making my point.

He must’ve taken notes from the Curt Hopf basketball situation from a couple of years ago.

https://www.courierpress.com/story/sports/2019/11/18/curt-hopf-transferred-forest-park-barr-reeve-because-bullying/4230908002/

Kids’ mom cost him a year of varsity eligibility because she couldn’t keep her mouth shut.

1 hour ago, temptation said:

It is mostly dependent on what the school a student is leaving says. One of the questions on the transfer is "do you believe this transfer is for athletic purposes?" If that school says yes, then the IHSAA will investigate it. Even if a physical move is involved. We had a RB a few years ago...moved and transferred at the start of the 2nd semester. The school he left challenged it. The student was declared ineligible. That is the only instance I am aware where a move was involved and a student was declared ineligible. 
If the school a student is leaving just signs off on the transfer, the IHSAA will more than likely approve. The only time I can think of they didn't was when the younger Gordon brother was transferring from North Central to Cathedral. NC signed off, but he was still only given limited eligibility. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Irishman said:

If the school a student is leaving just signs off on the transfer, the IHSAA will more than likely approve. The only time I can think of they didn't was when the younger Gordon brother was transferring from North Central to Cathedral. NC signed off, but he was still only given limited eligibility. 

Which was crazy considering his starting backcourt mate at North Central, Jordan Walker, transferred at the exact same time to Cathedral and was immediately given full eligibility.

This will be interesting to watch depending on how hard Warren Central fights this, and really for the sake of the other township schools they need to fight like hell. Could set a staggering precedent going forward that allows kids to transfer freely to a different school district without actually physically moving.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Which was crazy considering his starting backcourt mate at North Central, Jordan Walker, transferred at the exact same time to Cathedral and was immediately given full eligibility.

This will be interesting to watch depending on how hard Warren Central fights this, and really for the sake of the other township schools they need to fight like hell. Could set a staggering precedent going forward that allows kids to transfer freely to a different school district without actually physically moving.  

Well, their AD just took a job in a different township and they also have an assistant AD position open currently so…

Warren fighting a transfer wound be such sweet and rich irony…and fighting a kid that wants to transfer to NEW PAL, lol?

9 hours ago, temptation said:

Well, their AD just took a job in a different township and they also have an assistant AD position open currently so…

Warren fighting a transfer wound be such sweet and rich irony…and fighting a kid that wants to transfer to NEW PAL, lol?

I’m talking in general, not just this particular case. If the IHSAA sets a precedent that students can freely jump school districts without physically moving under the grounds of “safer and healthier environment” what’s going to stop all the rest of the township athletes from jumping ship and transferring out to the county schools? And not only that, you’re paving the way for a possibility of kids going to 3, maybe 4 high schools before they graduate. 

The IHSAA has to draw a line in the sand somewhere. I have no problem with a parent wanting to do what they feel is in the best interest for their child, in fact I encourage it, but any extracurricular activity like football is a privilege not a right, and if a transfer is prompted truly for safety reasons, then losing a year of varsity eligibility really shouldn’t matter.

Now if a student and family physically moves into a new district, all bets are off and the school the player is transferring from shouldn’t have a say in the matter.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, temptation said:

Yep.  Thanks for making my point.

He must’ve taken notes from the Curt Hopf basketball situation from a couple of years ago.

https://www.courierpress.com/story/sports/2019/11/18/curt-hopf-transferred-forest-park-barr-reeve-because-bullying/4230908002/

Kids’ mom cost him a year of varsity eligibility because she couldn’t keep her mouth shut.

That happens more than one would think!

1 hour ago, Footballking16 said:

I’m talking in general, not just this particular case. If the IHSAA sets a precedent that students can freely jump school districts without physically moving under the grounds of “safer and healthier environment” what’s going to stop all the rest of the township athletes from jumping ship and transferring out to the county schools? And not only that, you’re paving the way for a possibility of kids going to 3, maybe 4 high schools before they graduate. 

The IHSAA has to draw a line in the sand somewhere. I have no problem with a parent wanting to do what they feel is in the best interest for their child, in fact I encourage it, but any extracurricular activity like football is a privilege not a right, and if a transfer is prompted truly for safety reasons, then losing a year of varsity eligibility really shouldn’t matter.

Now if a student and family physically moves into a new district, all bets are off and the school the player is transferring from shouldn’t have a say in the matter.

I don’t disagree with most of this post but it would still be rich considering the county schools you are attempting to build sympathy for are now on the “other side” of the transfer portal.

What happens in a situation where parents are divorced and dad lives on the west side and mom lives on the east side?  Does it come down to custody?  (I honestly don’t know but have experienced this.)

Loyalty is dying quickly.  The 3-4 high school thing is becoming more common than you’d think.

Edited by temptation