Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Transfers

8 hours ago, DT said:

Check out Brownsburg's John Hart transfer comments in this story.  Sure sounds like someone has been poaching his players.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/260686726073815/search/?q=brownsburg

I’m not sure how you draw that conclusion unless I misread or overlooked something.

I do know they had a couple of kids transfer out last year and have at least one heading to IMG this fall.

4 minutes ago, temptation said:

I don’t disagree with most of this post but it would still be rich considering the county schools you are attempting to build sympathy for are now on the “other side” of the transfer portal.

Not building sympathy for anyone, it works in reverse as well. 

5 minutes ago, temptation said:

What happens in a situation where parents are divorced and dad lives on the west side and mom lives on the east side?  Does it come down to custody?  (I honestly don’t know but have experienced this.)

A whole separate issue as well, if there is a physical move involved a transfer should be signed off on. 

6 minutes ago, temptation said:

Loyalty is dying quickly.  The 3-4 high school thing is becoming more common than you’d think.

Agreed, and the IHSAA has the ability to put their foot down. We'll see how "dangerous" some of these schools really are if the IHSAA restricts varsity eligibility for those who transfer out of district without physically moving. 

7 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Not building sympathy for anyone, it works in reverse as well. 

A whole separate issue as well, if there is a physical move involved a transfer should be signed off on. 

Agreed, and the IHSAA has the ability to put their foot down. We'll see how "dangerous" some of these schools really are if the IHSAA restricts varsity eligibility for those who transfer out of district without physically moving. 

It does work in reverse but as we spoke of in the other thread, the flight outward is becoming much more common in football than it ever has.  It’s just sort of funny that you are implying that the schools that have been “the bullies” for decades now need to “do something about it.”

I know the residence topic is dicey but I’ve seen this more often than you’d think.  State caliber athletes living in one public school township and attending school in one on the complete opposite side of town.  I’ve never asked questions or dove into it in depth however.

The IHSAA is in a pickle.  It’s easy for you and I to sit in here and say they need to “put their foot down” (we actually agree in principle).  But doing it is a whole other animal.  Just like with the MIC ordeal, the power of public PERCEPTION is higher than its ever been.  All cases are not created equal and the last thing you want to do as an organization is come across as not putting student-athletes first.  That’s exactly how it will be painted on social media and in the news if you aggressively begin to “put your foot down.”

Edited by temptation

2 hours ago, Goose Liver said:

How does he look in a kilt ?

I'm pretty sure he has the legs for it ... just don't look underneath if he's a real Scot. :classic_laugh:

I know Fort Wayne Community School's policy is....well there is no policy.  Former superintendant basically didnt want to deal with transfer issues so all the FWCS (Snider, Northrop, NorthSide, SouthSide, Wayne) were instructed that they were NOT to challenge any transfers within the district.  Hence, the strong (Snider) stay strong and the weak stay weak.  And then there's always Dwenger and Luers to choose from as well.

12 hours ago, DT said:

Check out Brownsburg's John Hart transfer comments in this story.  Sure sounds like someone has been poaching his players.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/260686726073815/search/?q=brownsburg

He better be careful what he says. He does not have the greatest reputation among many on this topic.. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, temptation said:

Guess I’m still not seeing it.

Question 7
What if any changes would you like to see from the IHSAA regarding the Indiana post season and overall rules and guidelines governing high school football in Indiana?

Response

What would I change about IHSAA? I would like to see the transfer rules tightened. Suspend head coaches in play offs if any tampering is found. If contacted directly or indirectly you must report immediately to the IHSAA.

1 hour ago, Southside said:

Question 7
What if any changes would you like to see from the IHSAA regarding the Indiana post season and overall rules and guidelines governing high school football in Indiana?

Response

What would I change about IHSAA? I would like to see the transfer rules tightened. Suspend head coaches in play offs if any tampering is found. If contacted directly or indirectly you must report immediately to the IHSAA.

Eh, I’m not sure this is personal but I could be wrong.

7 hours ago, temptation said:

I’m not sure how you draw that conclusion unless I misread or overlooked something.

I do know they had a couple of kids transfer out last year and have at least one heading to IMG this fall.

3 left last season that I know of. 2 graduated last year and 1 is currently at BD. 2 left for IMG a few months ago. 

35 minutes ago, FootballFan28 said:

3 left last season that I know of. 2 graduated last year and 1 is currently at BD. 2 left for IMG a few months ago. 

I’m not sure the two that showed up at Center Grove last year were actively recruited by anyone in Greenwood though once again I could be wrong.

Don't know about the BD kid and IMG speaks for itself.

Edited by temptation

36 minutes ago, temptation said:

I’m not sure the two that showed up at Center Grove last year were actively recruited by anyone in Greenwood though once again I could be wrong.

Don't know about the BD kid and IMG speaks for itself.

Wasn’t implying that the cg or bd kids were recruited. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2022 at 11:43 AM, Indiana Fan said:

He better be careful what he says. He does not have the greatest reputation among many on this topic.. 

nope! cause i can remember his time at WC, and well, nevermind, i wont drag coach hart, but trust me hes the pot calling the kettle black...

35 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

In other words when in Rome do as the Romans?

Sorta right though.  Hart complaining is akin to Swinney and Saban complaining about NIL…

”Shady practices are okay, as long as we are the only ones allowed to do them.”

Edited by temptation