Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

DTs Dandy Dozen - A Look Ahead at What Might Be Coming

1. Delta becomes a power in 3A, and starts the next wave of Conference Realignment by departing the Hoosier Heritage, along with Yorktown, and starting a new conference that includes Muncie Central and Centerville.  

2. Greenfield Central's Travis Nolting becomes the state's top Head Coaching prospect and makes a big move to the HCC.  

3. The Eric Moore Era at Center Grove comes to a close and Pat Mallory returns from Lawrence North to take over the Trojan Football Program. 

4. Pike surprises under new HC Mike Brevard and quickly wins a MIC title in the post Carmel-Center Grove era.

5. Logan Haston breathes new life into the football program at Columbus North, and the Bulldog athletic program is invited to join the Mid State Conference, replacing departing Greenwood.

6. Craig Buzea steps down at Crown Point, and former LaPorte Head Coach David Ortiz takes over the program.  

7. Carmel schedules a home date with Bradenton, Fl powerhouse IMG Academy.  

8. The Northwest Crossroads Conference is rejuvenated by the arrival of new Kankakee Valley Head Coach Kirk Kennedy and the addition of growing 3A power Hanover Central.  

9. Hammond Central quickly emerges as a growing force in Northwest Indiana, overtaking Hammond Morton as the preferred football destination in town.  

10. Nick Hart comes to the conclusion that he has accomplished all he can at the small school level, and leaves Gibson Southern to replace his Dad at Brownsburg.

11. Evansville North emerges as the top public school program in the city and rises to challenge Castle, Jasper, Memorial amd Mater Dei for Top Dog status in the SIAC.

12. Kyle Mullins is rewarded for his program building efforts at Scottsburg and takes over at a large Southern Indiana high school in the Hoosier Hills Conference. 

40 minutes ago, HHF said:

1. Delta becomes a power in 3A, and starts the next wave of Conference Realignment by departing the Hoosier Heritage, along with Yorktown, and starting a new conference that includes Muncie Central and Centerville.  

2. Greenfield Central's Travis Nolting becomes the state's top Head Coaching prospect and makes a big move to the HCC.  

3. The Eric Moore Era at Center Grove comes to a close and Pat Mallory returns from Lawrence North to take over the Trojan Football Program. 

4. Pike surprises under new HC Mike Brevard and quickly wins a MIC title in the post Carmel-Center Grove era.

5. Logan Haston breathes new life into the football program at Columbus North, and the Bulldog athletic program is invited to join the Mid State Conference, replacing departing Greenwood.

6. Craig Buzea steps down at Crown Point, and former LaPorte Head Coach David Ortiz takes over the program.  

7. Carmel schedules a home date with Bradenton, Fl powerhouse IMG Academy.  

8. The Northwest Crossroads Conference is rejuvenated by the arrival of new Kankakee Valley Head Coach Kirk Kennedy and the addition of growing 3A power Hanover Central.  

9. Hammond Central quickly emerges as a growing force in Northwest Indiana, overtaking Hammond Morton as the preferred football destination in town.  

10. Nick Hart comes to the conclusion that he has accomplished all he can at the small school level, and leaves Gibson Southern to replace his Dad at Brownsburg.

11. Evansville North emerges as the top public school program in the city and rises to challenge Castle, Jasper, Memorial amd Mater Dei for Top Dog status in the SIAC.

12. Kyle Mullins is rewarded for his program building efforts at Scottsburg and takes over at a large Southern Indiana high school in the Hoosier Hills Conference. 

I've missed the dozens.

#3 is an interesting thought. I would say that Coach Mallory has done enough at LN to justify that hiring, but is there anyone on the current staff that might get elevated?

#4 would be a great day. I hope Coach Brevard has a lot of success at Pike (even if he loses a few to his alma mater along the way).

#10 Another interesting thought. Not sure I'd leave a good thing. 

#12 is another hopeful positive. Coach Mullins is a great person.

Edited by BDGiant93

4 minutes ago, Goose Liver said:

Number 6 happening soon ?

I hope not.  Coach Buzea beat incredible odds by returning to the sidelines, and Crown Point took a huge leap of faith that this would work out for an extended period.  Hopefully for all parties involved they have a long and productive relationship.

3 minutes ago, temptation said:

Lol.  I’ll add #13 in that case…

”We are all going to die one day.”

Hey, ensures I’m eventually correct.

Im not worried about being right or wrong.  If I hit 4/12, im batting .333 and in the hall of fame.  

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

I like how you do these....they spark conversation even though some have no chance of coming true...it is still fun.

So no possible chance that Nick considers a bigger job?  He's lock and loaded at GS and will never consider another job?

2 hours ago, HHF said:

That's for me to know and you to guess.  Maintains the intrigue.  

And the plausible deniability? 😁

1 hour ago, HHF said:

So no possible chance that Nick considers a bigger job?  He's lock and loaded at GS and will never consider another job?

Well my grandpa always said never say never but there are many many variables to life and career (no matter what the job).  From reading your posts over the years, I understand that you kind of take the position that for a young coach...the next bigger "thing" should be the main focus.  For some perhaps but many times it is not, in fact in the Teaching and Coaching profession in our fine state you might be able to say that even MOST of the time it is not.  Coaching in HS has a very complex set of variables maybe more than many other careers.    I have laid these out multiple times and won't bore folks here with it again.  Long story short, I think Coach Hart has found a great place to raise a young family and he isn't the first professional to make that decision about the South Gibson area.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Well my grandpa always said never say never but there are many many variables to life and career (no matter what the job).  From reading your posts over the years, I understand that you kind of take the position that for a young coach...the next bigger "thing" should be the main focus.  For some perhaps but many times it is not, in fact in the Teaching and Coaching profession in our fine state you might be able to say that even MOST of the time it is not.  Coaching in HS has a very complex set of variables maybe more than many other careers.    I have laid these out multiple times and won't bore folks here with it again.  Long story short, I think Coach Hart has found a great place to raise a young family and he isn't the first professional to make that decision about the South Gibson area.

All good points.  One common denominator is true amongst most highly successful coaches.  They love a big challenge.  Many at the high school level can find that challenge with a fresh group of players every 4 years.  Others are driven by the thought of challenging themselves at a higher level of competition.

From a selfish point of view, I would love to see what Coach Hart could do at a 6A school with maximum level resources and higher quality athletes.  

1 hour ago, Staxawax said:

Under current IHSAA travel rules, #7 would be out of the question.

Correct. A lot of people think the travel limitations only apply when the Indiana school travels out of state. That’s incorrect. The travel rule, which is Rule 10-1, reads as follows:

“The address of an out-of-state school participating in a Contest with a member School, as well as the site of such Contests, must be within six hundred (600) miles round trip travel from the Indiana state line and shall be sponsored or co-sponsored by a member School.”

I’m on record as saying the travel rule constitutes an unwarranted intrusion on the rights of local school corporations to decide, on a case by case basis, what sort of experiences they want to offer students, including student athletes. A blanket rule like 10-1 is a blatant overreach by the IHSAA.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Bobref said:

Correct. A lot of people think the travel limitations only apply when the Indiana school travels out of state. That’s incorrect. The travel rule, which is Rule 10-1, reads as follows:

“The address of an out-of-state school participating in a Contest with a member School, as well as the site of such Contests, must be within six hundred (600) miles round trip travel from the Indiana state line and shall be sponsored or co-sponsored by a member School.”

I’m on record as saying the travel rule constitutes an unwarranted intrusion on the rights of local school corporations to decide, on a case by case basis, what sort of experiences they want to offer students, including student athletes. A blanket rule like 10-1 is a blatant overreach by the IHSAA.

Really, really silly rule that holds Indiana back (among other things) yet in the event it was overturned there still wouldn't be a team in this state dumb enough to schedule IMG. 

IMG plays non-prep schools for two reasons; 1) to beat you by 50 points and 2) try and poach your states best players. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Bobref said:

I’m glad schools apply this rule equally to marching bands, preventing then from performing at the Macy’s parade in NY and dance teams can’t go to Disney for competitions.

Wait… nevermind.

(And yes. I know they are not under IHSAA, but the heat is making me snarky. Lol) 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

I’m glad schools apply this rule equally to marching bands, preventing then from performing at the Macy’s parade in NY and dance teams can’t go to Disney for competitions.

Wait… nevermind.

(And yes. I know they are not under IHSAA, but the heat is making me snarky. Lol) 

Apparently, there’s no concern with band kids missing school, the expense to the school, etc. Band kids are different, I guess.

If I was a betting man, I would bet that if the travel rule was challenged in a court of law, schools would be allowed to go where they want to go. Maybe a limit to times they could travel far, but who knows nowadays. 

3 hours ago, Bobref said:

Apparently, there’s no concern with band kids missing school, the expense to the school, etc. Band kids are different, I guess.

My daughter was in Center Grove Show Choir and they travelled twice to New York and once to Florida during her 3 years as a performer.  The travelling group was close to 100, maybe more.  

5 hours ago, psaboy said:

If I was a betting man, I would bet that if the travel rule was challenged in a court of law, schools would be allowed to go where they want to go. Maybe a limit to times they could travel far, but who knows nowadays. 

You’d lose that bet. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bobref said:

Band and Show Choir parents are wealthier than football parents and willing to pay for these trips out of their own pockets.