Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Southern Indiana Football Talk Dominates This Forum

Across the Northern section of this state, not a peep to be heard from the following conferences :

Northwest Crossroads - dead

Duneland - dead

Greater South Shore - dead

Great Lakes - dead

NIC - life support

NLC - dead

SAC - BTF gives it a slight pulse

NE8 - dead

ACAC - dead

Three Rivers - dead

Hoosier - dead

Hoosier North - dead

Sagamore - dead

WIC - dead

CIC - dead

EIAC - dead

Mid Eastern - dead

Hoosier Heartland - dead

Tri Eastern - dead

Wabash River - dead

Central Indiana 

Greater Indianapolis - dead

North Central - dead

MIC - steady

HCC - steady

Mid State - dead

Hoosier Heritage - dead

Conf Indiana - dead

Indiana Crossroads - dead

Circle City - dead

Southern Indiana 

SIAC - thriving

PAC - steady

Hoosier Hills - slowing

Mid Southern - Dead

Patoka Lake - dead

We've been conditioned to believe over the years that Southern Indiana is only interested in basketball.  Yet they dominate GID football discussion and have for years.

What happened to all the Northern Indiana support and forum activity?  

It seems to have evaporated over the past 5  to 10 years.  

2 hours ago, HHF said:

Across the Northern section of this state, not a peep to be heard from the following conferences :

Northwest Crossroads - dead

Duneland - dead

Greater South Shore - dead

Great Lakes - dead

NIC - life support

NLC - dead

SAC - BTF gives it a slight pulse

NE8 - dead

ACAC - dead

Three Rivers - dead

Hoosier - dead

Hoosier North - dead

Sagamore - dead

WIC - dead

CIC - dead

EIAC - dead

Mid Eastern - dead

Hoosier Heartland - dead

Tri Eastern - dead

Wabash River - dead

Central Indiana 

Greater Indianapolis - dead

North Central - dead

MIC - steady

HCC - steady

Mid State - dead

Hoosier Heritage - dead

Conf Indiana - dead

Indiana Crossroads - dead

Circle City - dead

Southern Indiana 

SIAC - thriving

PAC - steady

Hoosier Hills - slowing

Mid Southern - Dead

Patoka Lake - dead

We've been conditioned to believe over the years that Southern Indiana is only interested in basketball.  Yet they dominate GID football discussion and have for years.

What happened to all the Northern Indiana support and forum activity?  

It seems to have evaporated over the past 5  to 10 years.  

People are too lazy to deal with the double top secret authentication of this site when they can just mind numbingly click around in facebook and find some content that they can make even more mind numbingly comments about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frozen Tundra said:

I’ve been on this site since six years ago and I’ve definitely noticed a decline in the number of users. It stinks but it’s the reality of it. I hear this site used to be popping back in the day and I’m sad I missed it.

This is the case for most forums I believe. 10 years ago forums in numerous categories were thriving.  As Reddit/Facebook groups expanded people stopped using platforms that only include 1 subject.  

It’s essentially mom and pops vs Walmart now.  You can get exactly what you want and just that at a singular themed forum…or you can go to Reddit or Facebook and look at practically limitless forums/threads 

11 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

There is very little activity in the Facebook groups right now either. It's the off season. 

Personally, I hate the Facebook groups. It’s harder to keep track of the posts because they’re not separated by topic and it’s just way easier to miss posts. Also, I feel like the overall IQ is much much lower on there and I don’t have the patience for it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Personally, I hate the Facebook groups. It’s harder to keep track of the posts because they’re not separated by topic and it’s just way easier to miss posts. Also, I feel like the overall IQ is much much lower on there and I don’t have the patience for it.

Totally Agree with all points here.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

We will soon get to a point where servers will no longer accommodate this type of message board and the owners will be forced to shut it down.  

https://www.engadget.com/2020-02-27-internet-forums-dying-off.html

Edited by HHF

Just now, HHF said:

We will soon get to a point where servers will no longer accommodate this type of message board and the owners will be forced to shut it down.  

I can get you a server (in a hardened data center) until the end of time as long as you have the software.

2 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

I can get you a server (in a hardened data center) until the end of time as long as you have the software.

The cost to maintain will at some point become prohibitive.  

I think we are in the process of losing the casual high school football fan.  The NLC thread is probably the best/worst example of this.  It used to be one of the most active threads on the GID.  When those kids from the 2003 to 2015 years graduated, their parents and supporters became disengaged from the site.  

This has also coincided with several NLC schools seeing a significant drop-off in their football programs, driven primarily by low participation issues.  Warsaw has become the face of the conference, a school that is more Ft Wayne centyric than South Bend/NLC territory.

8 hours ago, HHF said:

We've been conditioned to believe over the years that Southern Indiana is only interested in basketball. 

IMO, football blew past basketball in popularity many years ago.   

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, tango said:

IMO, football blew past basketball in popularity many years ago.   

Perhaps in Evansville.  As you move further east, hoops is still king.  

1 hour ago, HHF said:

Perhaps in Evansville.  As you move further east, hoops is still king.  

I don't disagree with that. 

42 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Washington, Barr Reeve and Loogootee.  WOW! 

Well heck, none of those schools play football...

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, tango said:

I don't disagree with that. 

Well heck, none of those schools play football...

Heard the same thing said about the MIC in another thread.

Rimshot GIF

Lord, again, I apologize for that there.

Seems to be apathy abound in NE Indiana for sports in general. Even more than just sports it feels like. Feels like a lot of adults & kids going through the motions in daily life. I wish I knew the cause or reason.

1 hour ago, Basementbias said:

Seems to be apathy abound in NE Indiana for sports in general. Even more than just sports it feels like. Feels like a lot of adults & kids going through the motions in daily life. I wish I knew the cause or reason.

I once considered taking a job in Ft Wayne.  The cost of living looked very cheap, easy to get around, things to do.  Then I got the offer and realized what the problem was.  Low wages.  I never considered another opportunity in that part of the state.  

In a low wage environment, people can never really get ahead in life, which creates life long stress.

I believe The Fort also has a fairly high crime rate.

These realities can contribute to the general malaise you are referring to. 

1 hour ago, DT said:

I once considered taking a job in Ft Wayne.  The cost of living looked very cheap, easy to get around, things to do.  Then I got the offer and realized what the problem was.  Low wages.  I never considered another opportunity in that part of the state.  

In a low wage environment, people can never really get ahead in life, which creates life long stress.

I once considered taking an LFL job. For the love of football of course.

On 6/17/2022 at 3:00 PM, DT said:

Talking about the rural areas around Ft Wayne. Crime rate isn't that high in the rural areas. For adults, it seems going out to eat, having a drink, and other events of relaxation are the priorities. Kids it's more video games and social media than participating in extra curricular activities of all sorts. Definitely not the atmosphere it was growing up of competition and community involvement.