Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

DTs Dandy Dozen - Programs on the Brink / Can they get it turned around?

20 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

I gotta align with BDG93.....

3 straight semi-states, running into a tough CG team each time isn't what I would call seasons of failure....Final 4 6A 3 years in a row?  And somehow that's bad?

2 of those years, they beat Brownsburg and Carmel in the regionals.....

It’s not “bad” but as Simmons even stated himself, it’s not up to the standards of Ben Davis football, nor should it be.

The losses to CG shouldn’t be the concern nor ashamed of, though BD’s lack of competitiveness in the last two might be cause.

I know it’s all about the postseason but since Simmons took over, BD is a combined 2-6 against west side rivals Brownsburg and Avon.

In an era where families and student athletes change schools as often as I change socks, the optics of that record are pretty damning.

Edited by temptation

On 6/20/2022 at 10:39 AM, temptation said:

Nah, just not afraid to challenge the beliefs of some on here.  Don’t overthink it.

I asked a question.  You gave a one word answer with no supporting evidence.

I challenged you again…you changed the subject.

You jumped on my yes before I went back and edited it. I was probably typing while you were answering. Sorry. I got locked out of my account and had to fish out my password again...then guess which of the variety of cities my brother has lived in in the last few years to get back in. Here's the rest of what I typed after "Yes".

"In the case of 2018, Jason Simmons was not hired until March. From December to March, the program had no leadership as many of Mike Kirschner's top assistants left for their own opportunities. Many of the others weren't sure if they wanted to come back. In effect, the program had no rudder. That, coupled with the loss of 52 seniors, in my opinion sunk Coach Simmons the first year. Yes, you can be rebuilding while retooling too."

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

You jumped on my yes before I went back and edited it. I was probably typing while you were answering. Sorry. I got locked out of my account and had to fish out my password again...then guess which of the variety of cities my brother has lived in in the last few years to get back in. Here's the rest of what I typed after "Yes".

"In the case of 2018, Jason Simmons was not hired until March. From December to March, the program had no leadership as many of Mike Kirschner's top assistants left for their own opportunities. Many of the others weren't sure if they wanted to come back. In effect, the program had no rudder. That, coupled with the loss of 52 seniors, in my opinion sunk Coach Simmons the first year. Yes, you can be rebuilding while retooling too."

Makes sense now.  Why so long to hire Simmons?

• 3 weeks later...