Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Nathaniel James (Avon) Commits to Washington State

Avon is turning into a D1 factory.

Is this all natural talent or does Mark Bless have something to do with this?

You've got to think that Avon has a 6A title in its future sometime very soon.

Edited by DT

13 hours ago, CGFan2017 said:

Congrats to Nathaniel, but wasn't the rumor that Sampson switched to IU so that he could play with his brother? Thought it was interesting to see him go out to the west coast.

From my understanding Indiana's offer at this time was a non committable one. 

That's awesome! I'm a big Michigan fan, but Wazzou is my #2. Cool to see someone from the Hoosier state committing to the Palouse.

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 8:28 AM, Basementbias said:

That's awesome! I'm a big Michigan fan, but Wazzou is my #2. Cool to see someone from the Hoosier state committing to the Palouse.

Great area of the country to be in.  Good luck, Mr. James.

On 4/25/2019 at 7:41 PM, DT said:

Avon is turning into a D1 factory.

Is this all natural talent or does Mark Bless have something to do with this?

You've got to think that Avon has a 6A title in its future sometime very soon.

They had a great chance in 2015....... double OT loss to CG in the semistate.  IMHO, if played at Avon they would have won.  That was Peters (QB) senior year. CG defeated Penn for the title.

As far as talent, they do have a very good youth program, but the population boom and the escape from Indy to better schools and less crime is also a big factor.

10 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

As far as talent, they do have a very good youth program, but the population boom and the escape from Indy to better schools and less crime is also a big factor.

Yeah, I was going to say that Avon's housing boom and their proximity to Wayne Township is extremely beneficial. 

Speaking of Wazzu, I'm a huge fan of the pirate. He caught a bad wrap when ESPN foolishly decided to run with the James' family agenda when Adam wasn't getting enough PT. 

On 4/29/2019 at 2:20 PM, Staxawax said:

They had a great chance in 2015....... double OT loss to CG in the semistate.  IMHO, if played at Avon they would have won.  That was Peters (QB) senior year. CG defeated Penn for the title.

After busing was implemented, some people called Ben Davis "Washington West" because so many of Indianapolis Washington's students were transferred to Ben Davis. But the natural rate of migration within a metro area also meant a lot of the old Washington High attendance area moved into Wayne Township. 

Now, we've been seeing over the last 20 years a lot of Ben Davis families migrating across the county line to Avon (and that's not an abnormal phenomenon - many of my classmates at Pike - many of whose parents went to Northwest or Washington or Broad Ripple - have their kids in Brownsburg, Carmel or Zionsville; Carmel also has a lot of the population that once lived in Washington Township and went to North Central, which in turn saw its boom after people moved north from Shortridge and Broad Ripple. HSE and Mt. Vernon both have a lot of former Lawrence Township families, New Pal has a lot of students whose parents went to Warren Central and Franklin Central).