Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The Decline of Football and the Acceleration of Contraction

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

No one is talking about consolidating football teams for competitive reasons. Maybe they should be.

The OP is talking about consolidating school districts that would in turn be able to offer more competitive athletic programs. Combing two or three rural high schools with 300-400 students isn't a novel idea and in fact has been happening for 50-60 years. It's more than practical. But its not done for the benefit of athletics.  Its done for financial reasons.  

Just now, DT said:

No one is talking about consolidating football teams for competitive reasons. Maybe they should be.

Didn't you just say it was a bad idea because students would have to potentially drive 30+ minutes to practice 4x a week? Pick a side

1 minute ago, DT said:

The OP is talking about consolidating school districts that would in turn be able to offer more competitive athletic programs. Combing two or three rural high schools with 300-400 students isn't a novel idea and in fact has been happening for 50-60 years. It's more than practical. But its not done for the benefit of athletics.  Its done for financial reasons.

Of course it's going to be based on a financial reasons, doesn't mean athletics can benefit in the process. 

2 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Didn't you just say it was a bad idea because students would have to potentially drive 30+ minutes to practice 4x a week? Pick a side

Of course it's going to be based on a financial reasons, doesn't mean athletics can benefit in the process. 

Rural people think differently and act differently than city people.  I would choose not to commute 30 minutes to a consolidated practice site after school 4 days a week, but some farm kid in Ripley County might be happy to do it.  

1 minute ago, DT said:

Rural people think differently and act differently than city people.  I would choose not to commute 30 minutes to a consolidated practice site after school 4 days a week, but some farm kid in Ripley County might be happy to do it.  

A farm kid in Ripley County wouldn't have to drive 30 minutes a week to practice if his school district consolidated. He'd be practicing 500 feet from the building he attended school all day in. Don't make this harder than it needs to be. 

• Like 1

A farm kid in Ripley County wouldn't have to drive 30 minutes a week to practice if his school district consolidated. He'd be practicing 500 feet from the building he attended school all day in. Don't make this harder than it needs to be. 

You really are an argumentative fool.  You dont even take the time to absorb the concept under discussion before typing some idiotic response.  I always feel like I need to take a shower or detox after engaging with you.  Ive never in 18 years here put anyone on ignore but that is exactly where you are going.  

Just now, DT said:

You really are an argumentative fool.  You dont even take the time to absorb the concept under discussion before typing some idiotic response.  I always feel like I need to take a shower or detox after engaging with you.  Ive never in 18 years here put anyone on ignore but that is exactly where you are going.  

Perfect. You talk in circles and don't make an ounce of sense. Why would a kid in Ripley County be driving 30 minutes to practice 4 days a week in the event his school district consolidated? No one is talking about the 3 Ripley County schools forming one football team, the OP is suggesting the 3 Ripley County schools consolidate into one high school and subsequently offer a football program. If you can coherently read to form any semblance of an argument, that's on you. 

21 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

The IHSAA really needs to allow football co-ops, if they don't already.  Illinois does it with some success.

Some fiercely independent small government school corporations (think Rossville) would consider a consolidated/co-op football team before they would consider an entire school consolidation.  So let's say Clinton Prairie, Clinton Central, and Rossville decide to join forces and create a co-op football arrangement, and have the practices at Clinton Central (because, you know, it's central).  Google maps shows these drive times:

Clinton Prairie to Clinton Central:  23 minutes

Rossville to Clinton Central:  26 minutes.  

19 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

The IHSAA really needs to allow football co-ops, if they don't already.  Illinois does it with some success.

Some fiercely independent small government school corporations (think Rossville) would consider a consolidated/co-op football team before they would consider an entire school consolidation.  So let's say Clinton Prairie, Clinton Central, and Rossville decide to join forces and create a co-op football arrangement, and have the practices at Clinton Central (because, you know, it's central).  Google maps shows these drive times:

Clinton Prairie to Clinton Central:  23 minutes

Rossville to Clinton Central:  26 minutes.  

The dunce FBK cannot grasp this concept

You've nailed it

22 minutes ago, DT said:

The dunce FBK cannot grasp this concept

You've nailed it

LOL wtf?

I grasp the concept of co-op football, haven't ever disagreed with it? Aren't you the same dummy who in this same thread 30 minutes suggested it was a bad idea because kids might have to travel 30+ minutes to practice 4x a week? Now you're on board with it??

Like I said, you seemingly talk in circles and don't have an ounce of a clue as to what you're talking about. You've literally contradicted yourself and flipped your entirely on co-op football in a matter of 30 minutes simply so you could hear yourself talk. I find it fascinating. It's truly mesmerizing. 

Just now, temptation said:

“If it doesn’t concern Cathedral or is not an issue that directly affects Cathedral, it’s either a non-issue or a terrible idea.”

- FBK

Please, I beg you, to show me where I ever called co-op football a bad idea? Literally the only person who has argued or suggested co-op football was a bad idea was DT citing unnecessary travel to practice 4 days a week. He then proceeded to commemorate the idea 30 minutes later in the same exact thread. It's fascinating to watch this guy walk in circles. 

6 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Please, I beg you, to show me where I ever called co-op football a bad idea? Literally the only person who has argued or suggested co-op football was a bad idea was DT citing unnecessary travel to practice 4 days a week. He then proceeded to commemorate the idea 30 minutes later in the same exact thread. It's fascinating to watch this guy walk in circles. 

Not excusing that, but my point still stands.  Your head is so far in the sand regarding what poor and/or rural schools experience.

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

Not excusing that, but my point still stands.  Your head is so far in the sand regarding what poor and/or rural schools experience.

And you know that how? You don't know one damn thing about me. Keep your stupid and uninformed opinions to your GD self. 

Edited by Footballking16

And you know that how? You don't know one damn thing about me. Keep your stupid and uninformed opinions to your GD self. 

The way you constantly poo poo the plight of schools less fortunate is as transparent as a pane of glass.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, temptation said:

The way you constantly poo poo the plight of schools less fortunate is as transparent as a pane of glass.

The way I constantly "poo poo the plight of schools less fortunate"???? Are you off your meds?

You have me confused with the old man constantly telling this board what poor and less fortunate schools need to do with their football programs. Watching you become unhinged has been a treat. 

Edited by Footballking16

8 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

The way I constantly "poo poo the plight of schools less fortunate"???? Are you off your meds?

You have me confused with the old man constantly telling this board what poor and less fortunate schools need to do with their football programs. Watching you become unhinged has been a treat. 

8 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Take off your dunce cap and listen very closely to what I have to say about this issue so I can clear it up for you. I said that I personally would not want to travel 30 minutes four times a week after school to go to practice. I also said very clearly that farm -rural people are different from City people and likely would have no problem making that 30 minute trek to practice four times a week. So yes there are two sides to the coin. Finally I am also fascinated by the idea of county schools consolidating their sports teams in an effort to be more competitive, assuming they can figure out the logistics and it makes sense for all of their people. I would much rather watch a competitive 1300 student 4a school then three horrible 350 student 1A schools. And I think most people would probably agree with that assessment.

2 minutes ago, DT said:

Take off your dunce cap and listen very closely to what I have to say about this issue so I can clear it up for you. I said that I personally would not want to travel 30 minutes four times a week after school to go to practice. I also said very clearly that farm -rural people are different from City people and likely would have no problem making that 30 minute trek to practice four times a week. So yes there are two sides to the coin. Finally I am also fascinated by the idea of county schools consolidating their sports teams in an effort to be more competitive, assuming they can figure out the logistics and it makes sense for all of their people. I would much rather watch a competitive 1300 student 4a school then three horrible 350 student 1A schools. And I think most people would probably agree with that assessment.

didn't even last an hour. 

didn't even last an hour. 

I'm technically challenged. Lol. Still trying to figure out how to use the ignore function.

2 hours ago, DT said:

I cant imagine kids driving 30 minutes every day after school to go to a consolidated county football practice.

15 hours ago, DT said:

How do you handle practice 4 days a week when there is so much travel involved?

This you^^?

2 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Nice attempt at a dodge after being proven wrong.   It didn't work though.

See above

1 minute ago, DT said:

I'm technically challenged. Lol. Still trying to figure out how to use the ignore function.

Right click on the small down-arrow next to your username and icon in the upper left hand corner of the GID screen.  You should see an option titled "Ignored Users". Select this option and it will take you to a screen where you can add users to your ignore list:

image.thumb.png.c2306243f04f2ee3ab2a99036b999850.png

Just now, Muda69 said:

Right click on the small down-arrow next to your username and icon in the upper left hand corner of the GID screen.  You should see an option titled "Ignored Users". Select this option and it will take you to a screen where you can add users to your ignore list:

image.thumb.png.c2306243f04f2ee3ab2a99036b999850.png

@DTLet me know if you need help spelling it.