Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The Decline of Football and the Acceleration of Contraction

3 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

This you^^?

See above

DT's quote was:

" I would choose not to commute 30 minutes to a consolidated practice site after school 4 days a week, but some farm kid in Ripley County might be happy to do it. "

Wrong again FK16.   Why don't you just admit it?

Edited by Muda69

23 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

The way I constantly "poo poo the plight of schools less fortunate"???? Are you off your meds?

You have me confused with the old man constantly telling this board what poor and less fortunate schools need to do with their football programs. Watching you become unhinged has been a treat. 

Spoiler alert:  I was never hinged to begin with.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DT said:

I cant imagine kids driving 30 minutes every day after school to go to a consolidated county football practice.  But I live in the city so what do I know.?

15 hours ago, DT said:

How do you handle practice 4 days a week when there is so much travel involved?

@Muda69Putting this out here again. If you can't recognize DT as anything but a walking contradiction than I can't help you, although I'm not sure you were worth saving to begin with. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, DT said:

7 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

DT's quote was:

" I would choose not to commute 30 minutes to a consolidated practice site after school 4 days a week, but some farm kid in Ripley County might be happy to do it. "

Wrong again FK16.   Why don't you just admit it?

You're the one who is wrong. Why not admit it?

23 hours ago, Muda69 said:

So Indiana High School Football is all about quantity over quality?

It's about providing students an opportunity to learn through participating in athletics, win, lose, or draw. At many small schools, cross country is the only option for fall sport athletes, as many smaller schools don't field a soccer team. It's arguable that more soccer programs will pop up if football is contracted at many schools, although many small schools might decide not to go in that direction. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AG said:

It's about providing students an opportunity to learn through participating in athletics, win, lose, or draw. At many small schools, cross country is the only option for fall sport athletes, as many smaller schools don't field a soccer team. It's arguable that more soccer programs will pop up if football is contracted at many schools, although many small schools might decide not to go in that direction. 

Playing devil’s advocate here because I think football is an outlier.

Doesn’t safety play a factor somewhere here?

Edited by temptation

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

Playing devil’s advocate here because I think football is an outlier.

Doesn’t safety play a factor so where here?

Safety crossed my mind, although I can't advocate taking away a sport, especially one that a "husky" kid can specialize in. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

No, I'm not.  But try again gonzo.

Again, a screenshot of DT's exact post/quote:

image.thumb.png.ac44dd2ba736117384f4b858c3887df9.png

He’s right in that city and county folk think differently.

Some folks commute 45 minutes to work…others 45 minutes to the nearest grocery store.

Had this very conversation when I accepted a job on the opposite side of town.

8 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

No, I'm not.  But try again gonzo.

Again, a screenshot of DT's exact post/quote:

image.thumb.png.ac44dd2ba736117384f4b858c3887df9.png

Translation: "I think it's a bad idea, but some people might think it's a good idea"

I don't see a commemoration for co-op football in that post. 

Edited by Footballking16

13 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Translation: "I think it's a bad idea, but some people might think it's a good idea"

I don't see a commemoration for co-op football in that post. 

Neither do I see a condemnation.

10 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Don't have time, it's payday. Need to get to WalMart for my monthly supplies.

Hmm:  When Are Social Security Benefits Paid Each Month? - AARP: https://www.aarp.org/retirement/social-security/questions-answers/social-security-payment-schedule.html#:~:text=Here's how it works%3A,fourth Wednesday of the month.

"If the birthday is on the 21st through the 31st, you are paid on the fourth Wednesday of the month."

Enjoy your public dole.

3 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

"I think it's a bad idea".....

45 minutes ago, DT said:

Finally I am also fascinated by the idea of county schools consolidating their sports teams in an effort to be more competitive, assuming they can figure out the logistics and it makes sense for all of their people. 

6 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

"I think it's a bad idea"

I've searched all three pages of this thread for a post by DT where he states "I think it's a bad idea" and I can't find it. Can you please provide a direct link to said post or a screenshot?  

8 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

I've searched all three pages of this thread for a post by DT where he states "I think it's a bad idea" and I can't find it. Can you please provide a direct link to said post or a screenshot?  

I've already provided two direct quotes from this very thread where the commentary is more than clear and if you want further proof, check out this thread where he explicitly calls the same exact post on here "bad ideas".

Checkmate.

I hope your find something productive to do with the rest of your day. 

Edited by Footballking16

54 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

I've already provided two direct quotes from this very thread where the commentary is more than clear and if you want further proof, check out this thread where he explicitly calls the same exact post on here "bad ideas".

Checkmate.

I hope your find something productive to do with the rest of your day. 

No, the commentary in this thread is not "clear".  And the thread post by Old Man High Pants you linked to was discussing school consolidation, not football program consolidation/co-op.  These are two very different things, would you agreed?

No, chief, DT has been very consistent regarding his opinions regarding school consolidation and football program consolidation.  

So very far from a "checkmate".  But again, nice try.

As for being productive, I've been very much so.  Been configuring web server software datasources to use a updated version of a database driver and testing those against a new DB server our DBA recently stood up.   Unlike you I can walk and chew gum at the same time.

Edited by Muda69
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, DT said:

@Muda69Clearly he was talking about co-op teams as he immediately responded to the post complaining about travel constraints. Why would players at a consolidated school have to worry about traveling to practice 4 days a week if they were all in the same building? I realize reading in-between the lines isn't one of your fortes but at least give it a try. 

Edited by Footballking16

17 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

I realize reading in-between the lines isn't one of your fortes but at least give it a try. 

And maybe constantly reading in-between the lines, trying to insinuate something that really isn't there in a desperate attempt to pull a "gotcha!" on DT and others, is your forte.

I take a written medium like an internet forum at face value.

Yeah, DT may have complained about the practice travel times but he quickly followed that up with that as a "city guy" he would not like to do it, but understood that a "country guy" could find such travel acceptable.  He did not discredit the entire idea, not by a longshot.

You still seem to have a problem with separating and understanding school consolidation from football team/program consolidation.  They can be two different things, at least in other states.  And as I have previously stated the IHSAA would be wise to also bless such football team/program consolidations.

Of course in the Ivory Tower that is Cathedral football, ideas such as football program consolidation would seem very strange and foreign.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

You still seem to have a problem with separating and understanding school consolidation from football team/program consolidation.  They can be two different things, at least in other states.  And as I have previously stated the IHSAA would be wise to also bless such football team/program consolidations.

Of course in the Ivory Tower that is Cathedral football, ideas such as football program consolidation would seem very strange and foreign.

One of the major reasons I ended up at private junior high and subsequently Cathedral was due to the consolidation and subsequent merging of athletic programs in my district. 

But yes go off and tell me what I do and don't know. Puts you in the exact same category as that clown Temptation for assuming you know a single thing about me, simply based off the high school I attended years ago. 

• Haha 1