Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The Decline of Football and the Acceleration of Contraction

13 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Does dogpiling for DT count?

image.png.c0b51d3e47fe271afcd3fe6c37156d75.png

Not dogpiling at all since I appear to be the only one consistently defending my friend  DT in this thread.  But don't let incorrect word choices discourage you from your role as the GID Grammar Nazi.  You be you.

2 hours ago, temptation said:

Spoiler alert:  I was never hinged to begin with.

A good carpenter could help you with that. :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

image.png.c0b51d3e47fe271afcd3fe6c37156d75.png

Not dogpiling at all since I appear to be the only one consistently defending my friend  DT in this thread.  But don't let incorrect word choices discourage you from your role as the GID Grammar Nazi.  You be you.

He had it right. 

He didn't say you were dogpiling ON, rather taking the dogpiling FOR defending such a hypocrite. 

• Disdain 1

30 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

One of the major reasons I ended up at private junior high and subsequently Cathedral was due to the consolidation and subsequent merging of athletic programs in my district. 

But yes go off and tell me what I do and don't know. Puts you in the exact same category as that clown Temptation for assuming you know a single thing about me, simply based off the high school I attended years ago. 

Anyone see the irony in name calling someone in the exact same sentence as “you don’t know me?”

Oh, it’s just me?

Carry on…

2 hours ago, temptation said:

He’s right in that city and county folk think differently.

Some folks commute 45 minutes to work…others 45 minutes to the nearest grocery store.

Had this very conversation when I accepted a job on the opposite side of town.

This can definitely be city folks as well though.  When I lived in Houston and then again in Dallas, the idea of hour commute to work was nothing.  When I lived in the Dallas area, I lived on the north side AND worked on the north side and it still factored in that it was going to be 30-45 minutes in in the morning and 45 minutes to an hour home in the evening.  And God forbid I had to travel from DFW Airport ... I had American Airlines as a client and they were fond about scheduling meetings on Friday at 3:00 pm out at the airport on Friday afternoons.  When I lived in Houston, it was about an hour in to downtown where I worked and 75 minutes to get home in the evenings from/to the suburbs.

1 minute ago, temptation said:

Anyone see the irony in name calling someone in the exact same sentence as “you don’t know me?”

Oh, it’s just me?

Carry on…

I don't see any irony in calling somebody a clown for (incorrectly) assuming something about somebody simply for where they attended high school over a decade ago. For you to assume that I don't know anything about poor or less fortunate students "because I went to Cathedral" says everything about you and if we were anywhere other than this forum, being called a clown would be considered a compliment. 

22 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

I don't see any irony in calling somebody a clown for (incorrectly) assuming something about somebody simply for where they attended high school over a decade ago. For you to assume that I don't know anything about poor or less fortunate students "because I went to Cathedral" says everything about you and if we were anywhere other than this forum, being called a clown would be considered a compliment. 

You make the “assumptions” as you call them, pretty easy to pinpoint with the way you carry yourself and name call.

Don’t attempt to victimize yourself.  It’s very unattractive.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, foxbat said:

This can definitely be city folks as well though.  When I lived in Houston and then again in Dallas, the idea of hour commute to work was nothing.  When I lived in the Dallas area, I lived on the north side AND worked on the north side and it still factored in that it was going to be 30-45 minutes in in the morning and 45 minutes to an hour home in the evening.  And God forbid I had to travel from DFW Airport ... I had American Airlines as a client and they were fond about scheduling meetings on Friday at 3:00 pm out at the airport on Friday afternoons.  When I lived in Houston, it was about an hour in to downtown where I worked and 75 minutes to get home in the evenings from/to the suburbs.

Can confirm the sentiment from all sides, it's all a bit of your state of mind at any given point.

When I was a kid growing up in rural Illinois 95% of my commutes were five minutes or less and 4% were under ten minutes.  Going on a 30 minute drive was finally a reason to put your seatbelt on since it was so far away and you had to get on the "highway" (I know at least some of you had to have lived through that ridiculous mindset back in the day).

When I lived in Charlotte I had a 12 mile commute to work that took, on a good day, 50 minutes through no less than 25 stop signs/lights.  It was a game to see what my daily red light/green light ratio was.  The 50 minutes were peak conditions, which which happened maybe 1 day in 3.  It was frequently an hour and not uncommon to see 75-90 minutes in the evening once every other week or so.  I didn't think much about it because that was just what it took to put food on the table.

Now that I'm down here (that's down in God's country, for those who don't know) I travel 25 miles on rural highways in 30 minutes on the dot 95% of the time.  The other 5% is during some days in the spring/fall if I get behind a tractor, and then it takes me 31 minutes.  There is no way in Hades I'd take a job that made me travel much further, or with any less consistency, than that now.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

One of the major reasons I ended up at private junior high and subsequently Cathedral was due to the consolidation and subsequent merging of athletic programs in my district. 

But yes go off and tell me what I do and don't know. Puts you in the exact same category as that clown Temptation for assuming you know a single thing about me, simply based off the high school I attended years ago. 

You bring the disdain on yourself dude.  Dont be so argumentative and feel like you have to take a contrary POV on every subject.  You bring great value to the forum with your knowledge and insight, but your approach just makes people want to punch you in the face.  

6 hours ago, DT said:

You bring the disdain on yourself dude.  Dont be so argumentative and feel like you have to take a contrary POV on every subject.  You bring great value to the forum with your knowledge and insight, but your approach just makes people want to punch you in the face.  

So many empty and broken promises that I can’t keep up with them anymore.

Sad.

Edited by Footballking16