Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Early Scrimmages?

19 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

Curious how North looked? Considering all the hype they have been getting, they should have stacked up pretty well to a 3A school, even if it is GS. For any GS fans that were able to see GS scrimmage Reitz and North, how did they compare?

North seemed to also have some offensive line issues to solve, probably all fixable.  We had success running (much like at Reitz) but they did a good job getting QB pressure on.  I think the young QB has a ways to go but the potential is there for him....they didn't stand out at WR as well as Reitz to me.  All in all though very similar team to Reitz.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This Friday 8/12: Eastbrook at Hamilton Heights 7pm.

This will be played at the Hamilton Heights Student Activity Center, NOT AT THE HIGH SCHOOL.

SAC address: 402 W. North St; Arcadia, In

For any Eastbrook fans making the trip, 266th St is closed East of Arcadia. I would recommend using 296th St from St. Rd. 37 just south of Elwood. Take 296th west to Atlanta, then take St. Rd. 19 South to Arcadia. The SAC is just North of Main St in Arcadia(266th-turn right at Casey's gas station) on the west side of town.

12 hours ago, gonzoron said:

This will be played at the Hamilton Heights Student Activity Center, NOT AT THE HIGH SCHOOL.

For any Eastbrook fans making the trip, 266th St is closed East of Arcadia. I would recommend using 296th St from St. Rd. 37 just south of Elwood. Take 296th west to Atlanta, then take St. Rd. 19 South to Arcadia. The SAC is just North of Main St in Arcadia(266th-turn right at Casey's gas station) on the west side of town.

And I thought 296th Street intersecting with SR 31 N was a joke in northern Hamilton County. 

Harrison squares off with LCC this week in scrimmage.

As a side note, Harrison's freshman look like they are trying to slide into WL's honorary Catholic status.  Harrison's freshman squad will face Brebeuf, Roncalli, Chatard, and LCC's JV team this season.  Last year they faced off against Chatard and Cathedral while the JV faced off against Chatard and Brebeuf.

3 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

And I thought 296th Street intersecting with SR 31 N was a joke in northern Hamilton County. 

I’ll allow it. It is 29.6 miles north of monument circle in downtown Indy.
Makes a whole lot more sense than County Road 600 South. 

Edited by oldtimeqb

17 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

I’ll allow it. It is 29.6 miles north of monument circle in downtown Indy.
Makes a whole lot more sense than County Road 600 South. 

CR 600 S should run east to west 0.6 mi south of the county seat or other designated "meridian."

At least it's in the same county. I've never understood why Hamilton extends the Marion Co. blocks into its county and I was born near 96th & Keystone. 

2 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

CR 600 S should run east to west 0.6 mi south of the county seat or other designated "meridian."

You mean 6 miles. Which it does. 600S is in Tipton County.

My dog regularly crosses it to leave his deposit on weeks when Hamilton Heights plays Tipton.

5 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

SR 31 N

It's US 31 N

On 8/7/2022 at 9:31 PM, gonzoron said:

Basically, the old HHHS (or Jackson Central HS). 

• Like 1

On 7/14/2022 at 7:46 AM, DumfriesYMCA said:

Just my opinion….team camps hosted by colleges are a waste of time and energy imo 

it’s a few days or running around and practicing pretty much just fundamentals with a few scrimmages in between.  Very short individual sessions for each position over the camp….and the college coaches kinda float around and give quick pep talks and not much else.  

they feel more like a publicity stunt from college programs than actual camps.  

again it’s just my opinion but i definitely am in favor of scrimmaging teams in your area over being 1 of 20 hs teams at a college over the summer for a few days running around with your head cut off trying to make the most of the time 

Well said.

1 hour ago, gonzoron said:

Yep, except they tore down the school last year. Nothing left but 2 gyms, the football field and parking lots

I'm glad the gyms are still there, because the old HH/Jackson Central gym was one of my favorite ones to coach in when I coached middle school hoops. 

On 7/14/2022 at 8:46 AM, DumfriesYMCA said:

Just my opinion….team camps hosted by colleges are a waste of time and energy imo 

it’s a few days or running around and practicing pretty much just fundamentals with a few scrimmages in between.  Very short individual sessions for each position over the camp….and the college coaches kinda float around and give quick pep talks and not much else.  

they feel more like a publicity stunt from college programs than actual camps.  

again it’s just my opinion but i definitely am in favor of scrimmaging teams in your area over being 1 of 20 hs teams at a college over the summer for a few days running around with your head cut off trying to make the most of the time 

The benefit of an overnight team camp is the "overnight" part - your team is together basically 24/7 for a couple of days. You have a lot of time to do team-building stuff without a whole lot of outside distractions (and a lot of informal team bonding takes place as players have all their meals together, stay together on a dorm floor, et al). For the college, it's basically a PR pitch and a recruiting tool to try to get kids on campus (and maybe possibly ID a diamond in the rough that nobody else is recruiting) and to develop relationships with the coaches so they have an "in" when you do have a prospect they're interested in. 

9 minutes ago, crimsonace1 said:

I'm glad the gyms are still there, because the old HH/Jackson Central gym was one of my favorite ones to coach in when I coached middle school hoops. 

Yes, I graduated in that gym in 1974. New Pal May have still been in our conference at that time.

3 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Yes, I graduated in that gym in 1974. New Pal May have still been in our conference at that time.

knew this conference well back in the day... Range Line Conference in 74 was Hamilton Heights, Zionsville, Westfield, Hamilton Southeastern, Sheridan,Tri-Central and Taylor. All schools were 1A back then ! Taylor I think left that year and Clinton Central and Prairie joined the next !