Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

24 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

Even if East were to get beaten by Male I would love East to schedule somebody like that. 

And it'd be what... 10-12 extra minutes for you guys to get to then going to FC? 

(I realize you'd still play them, but just saying Lville isnt very far)

3 hours ago, btownqbcoach said:

And it'd be what... 10-12 extra minutes for you guys to get to then going to FC? 

(I realize you'd still play them, but just saying Lville isnt very far)

I'm just saying. Male always brags about beating an Indiana team. They need to play one of our real football schools. Not a "slightly" above average program.

On 4/7/2019 at 12:21 AM, Olympian06 said:

East Baseball is on a roll this year.. 6-0 outscored opponents 56-6... 3 pitchers going D1... Greenwell struck out 15 against Cathedral.. East is a Top 5 team in the state.. they are been good the last few years, they turned a corner this year... 

Isnt Greenwell going to IU?

I dont blame East for doing that. They get 0 competition from the HHC. East has an awesome program but man the HHC teams are not getting it done. Imagine how many more Championships East would have if they had been tested more in conference? I believe it would be a few more.

• 1 month later...

Columbus East had a miraculous comeback against Jeffersonville today, down 3 with 2 outs and nobody on, they score 3 in the 7th to force extra innings, Dalton Back hits a home run in the 9th to advance to the Regional title game.

Dalton Back hits a Grand Slam in the title game, and East beats Castle 5-1 to advance to the Semi-State next week. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

Columbus East had a miraculous comeback against Jeffersonville today, down 3 with 2 outs and nobody on, they score 3 in the 7th to force extra innings, Dalton Back hits a home run in the 9th to advance to the Regional title game.

Dalton Back hits a Grand Slam in the title game, and East beats Castle 5-1 to advance to the Semi-State next week. 

Saw that yesterday

Congratulations and good luck next week. 

I just wouldn’t feel right about pointing out the one or the few losses East has this season was to BNL 😂

1 hour ago, starbacker said:

Saw that yesterday

I just wouldn’t feel right about pointing out the one or the few losses East has this season was to BNL 😂

Floyd got us this year once as well... East starts 2 sophomore pitchers.. the future is bright. 

1 hour ago, starbacker said:

Saw that yesterday

Floyd got us this year once as well... East starts 2 sophomore pitchers.. the future is bright. 

Jeffersonville has hired Isaac Parker to be their new HC. He has been an assistant for the last few coaches there and is a city police officer. Congrats and best of luck. 

https://www.newsandtribune.com/sports/football-parker-named-new-jeffersonville-coach/article_3fedfe74-8742-11e9-a3bb-f309162d6fad.html

Edited by boilerfan87
typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Olympian06 said:

Even better, I would like to see him at a Louisville, Vanderbilt or a program like that. 

East will return 3 pitchers on next years team that have a combined record of 22-2

Well IU had 10 players drafted and Wright state (where IU's coach was at prior) had 4 guys taken in the top 10 rounds. If he wants player development, Jeff Mercer is the guy. You'd want him to live in Louisville for 4 years over Bloomington? ... eesh. 

39 minutes ago, btownqbcoach said:

Well IU had 10 players drafted and Wright state (where IU's coach was at prior) had 4 guys taken in the top 10 rounds. If he wants player development, Jeff Mercer is the guy. You'd want him to live in Louisville for 4 years over Bloomington? ... eesh. 

I want him to win and be happy. Doesn’t matter where he goes, if he works hard everything will fall into place as it has now. BUT looking at what another Columbus kid did by going to Louisville (Devin Mann) I would say following in those footsteps would be just fine. 

Edited by Olympian06

3 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

I guess I really didn’t word it right. Indiana is a fine program, Top 25 it seems about every year now. I would want to see how he competes at a program that is top 10-15 every year. 

If the young man has a chance to go to Vandy you sure couldn’t blame him for that. None better than Corbin in developing pitching. What about Mississippi State where Lemonis went who he had committed to at IU?