Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

1 hour ago, Fkfootball said:

East will always be the best program with the best talent in the Conference. But I think we are going to see very soon, just how good Gaddis really was. The guy is one of the best in the History of Indiana HS football. I’d hire him tomorrow.

The last sentence is true but he knew when to get out. This is the least talent East has had In 15 years or more and the lower levels lack numbers as well so it will be tough sledding for a bit. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fogertyputmein said:

The last sentence is true but he knew when to get out. This is the least talent East has had In 15 years or more and the lower levels lack numbers as well so it will be tough sledding for a bit. 

Correct… 32 seniors graduated last year I believe. Which I believe is the biggest class that has graduated at one time during this run.. like you said, Coach knew it as a rebuild this year. 

• Kill me now 1

5 hours ago, boilerfan87 said:

This week's lineup...

Columbus East at Seymour 

Jeffersonville at Bedford NL 

Jennings County at New Albany 

Silver Creek at Floyd Central

Not too much suspense this week but FC/SC should be a good one. 

Columbus East

Jeffersonville

New Albany

Floyd Central

East vs Seymour

East may be down, but they’ll still be good in this conference. East by 28.

Jeffersonville at BNL

Jeffersonville is the team that I think has the best chance of beating East at some point. They have athletes and size that no other HHC team, including East, has. If Coach Parker can continue to build, Jeffersonville can be tough. They’ll win big against BNL. Jeffersonville by 21.

New Albany at Jennings County

The Dogs can score. But can’t stop a nosebleed. But JC just isn’t competitive. NA by 17.

Silver Creek at Floyd Central 

Toss up game. Silver Creek is the reigning MSC Champions and they are a really solid 3A team. This is a good rivalry game too. But after playing 2 Louisville Powerhouses, this game will allow FC to catch their breath. I really like how our lines played last week despite the final score. FC should get at least 1 or 2 of their missing RBs back. Bibelhouser needs to really show up at QB or they may stick Robertson in there who a lot of people though would start. I say FC wins this in a very tight contest. FC by 7.

Week 3 Predictions

Columbus East (0-2) at Seymour (0-2): The Olympians finally get to play some teams without much size on the offensive and defensive lines. It’ll be interesting to see if the East defense can finally get some pressure on the QB and if the o-line can finally create some holes for the running attack to get going. It’s not a question of whether or not East can win, that’s a given. It’s a question of how much they beat the Owls by and how they look doing so. East by a lot.

Jeffersonville (1-0) at BNL (0-2): Possibly by way of a week 1 COVID cancellation, the Red Devils remain the only unblemished team in the HHC. They had their way with cellar-dweller Seymour last week but now they’re playing a team in the middle of the pack in the conference. For the Stars, this looks to be their easiest opponent on paper thus far. It’s going to be interesting to see how they grow as the season goes on learning and executing a new system from a new coach. I think there’s a possibility they cause Jeff some problems, but I’ll play it safe and go with the Red Devils.

Jennings County (0-2) at New Albany (0-2): Excluding their Floyd County rival, the Bulldogs have played the toughest schedule thus far so they’re really going to enjoy tonight’s game. As with East, this is going to be a confidence-boosting game and one where they can work on some things to get better while not really worrying about the result. The Panthers have the worst offense in the conference so the New Albany defense should look pretty good tonight for once. This could get ugly quickly. New Albany by a lot.

Silver Creek (1-1) at Floyd Central (0-2): The Highlanders look to get the HHC its first non-conference win of the season. After two weeks of playing Kentucky powerhouses, they welcome the Dragons into town. This is a really hard game to predict because, at first glance, it looks as if Floyd Central doesn’t have the offensive capability to win this game. Then you remember who it was they’ve played the last two weeks and it makes sense. I keep going back and forth on this one but I’m going to go with Silver Creek in a tight one.

3 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Week 3 Predictions

Columbus East (0-2) at Seymour (0-2): The Olympians finally get to play some teams without much size on the offensive and defensive lines. It’ll be interesting to see if the East defense can finally get some pressure on the QB and if the o-line can finally create some holes for the running attack to get going. It’s not a question of whether or not East can win, that’s a given. It’s a question of how much they beat the Owls by and how they look doing so. East by a lot.

Jeffersonville (1-0) at BNL (0-2): Possibly by way of a week 1 COVID cancellation, the Red Devils remain the only unblemished team in the HHC. They had their way with cellar-dweller Seymour last week but now they’re playing a team in the middle of the pack in the conference. For the Stars, this looks to be their easiest opponent on paper thus far. It’s going to be interesting to see how they grow as the season goes on learning and executing a new system from a new coach. I think there’s a possibility they cause Jeff some problems, but I’ll play it safe and go with the Red Devils.

Jennings County (0-2) at New Albany (0-2): Excluding their Floyd County rival, the Bulldogs have played the toughest schedule thus far so they’re really going to enjoy tonight’s game. As with East, this is going to be a confidence-boosting game and one where they can work on some things to get better while not really worrying about the result. The Panthers have the worst offense in the conference so the New Albany defense should look pretty good tonight for once. This could get ugly quickly. New Albany by a lot.

Silver Creek (1-1) at Floyd Central (0-2): The Highlanders look to get the HHC its first non-conference win of the season. After two weeks of playing Kentucky powerhouses, they welcome the Dragons into town. This is a really hard game to predict because, at first glance, it looks as if Floyd Central doesn’t have the offensive capability to win this game. Then you remember who it was they’ve played the last two weeks and it makes sense. I keep going back and forth on this one but I’m going to go with Silver Creek in a tight one.

That’s a good point. We haven’t done much offensively. But we did just play 2 teams that were top 5 in scoring defense in Kentucky last year. Silver Creek is solid but I look forward to a game where we can actually build some confidence.

5 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

That’s a good point. We haven’t done much offensively. But we did just play 2 teams that were top 5 in scoring defense in Kentucky last year. Silver Creek is solid but I look forward to a game where we can actually build some confidence.

Were you guys able to stay pretty healthy after those two games?

4 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Week 3 Predictions

According to the Seymour paper, their starting QB is out for the season. They are starting a soph tonight. It did mention he was in the mix for starter in the preseason. 

18 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

According to the Seymour paper, their starting QB is out for the season. They are starting a soph tonight. It did mention he was in the mix for starter in the preseason. 

He is Alan Perry's brother (former QB) and is a good athlete and can run a little bit.  East needs to pressure him and hopefully get him rattled.

4 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Were you guys able to stay pretty healthy after those two games?

Our starting RB is out for the season but he hasn’t played a snap. Got hurt before the season. A Sophomore. They say he has blazing speed. 2nd string RB is battling an injury. Our starting CB/Slot and the great track sprinter suffered some kind of serious injury. I obviously won’t say his name and I’m not sure of his status.

Our 3rd string QB/JV QB is out for the season.

Our Freshman QB is out for the season.

Thats about where we are.

Out of respect for the players, I won’t announce their name or injuries on here.

Edited by Fkfootball