Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

East came up a bit short last night. Was a great game.. 2 errors in the bottom of the 7th was the deciding factor in the game. Congrats to HSE, those pitchers were throwing smoke. 

East will return 5 starters and the top 3 pitchers. On to football season!! 

• 1 month later...
On 6/1/2019 at 9:27 PM, Olympian06 said:

Columbus East had a miraculous comeback against Jeffersonville today, down 3 with 2 outs and nobody on, they score 3 in the 7th to force extra innings, Dalton Back hits a home run in the 9th to advance to the Regional title game.

Dalton Back hits a Grand Slam in the title game, and East beats Castle 5-1 to advance to the Semi-State next week. 

LB Parker Harrison with the 2 out 2 run double to tie the game.  East football players are good athletes

On 6/9/2019 at 11:41 AM, Olympian06 said:

I want him to win and be happy. Doesn’t matter where he goes, if he works hard everything will fall into place as it has now. BUT looking at what another Columbus kid did by going to Louisville (Devin Mann) I would say following in those footsteps would be just fine. 

Gilley committed to Indiana State for baseball.

Indiana Football Digest

Columbus East with pre-season #5 Ranking in 6A football.  Columbus North #10.   

Pre-Season All State

Mark McDonald--RB--Columbus East

Parker Harrison--LB--Columbus East

Dalton Back--WR--Columbus East

Tyler Settle--DB--Columbus East

Honorable Mention

Cole Gilley--QB--Columbus East

Blake Huffman--RB--Columbus North

Montez Mitchell--DL--Columbus North

Landon Robbins--LB--Columbus North 

On 7/18/2019 at 3:32 PM, Fogertyputmein said:

Indiana Football Digest

Columbus East with pre-season #5 Ranking in 6A football.  Columbus North #10.   

Pre-Season All State

Mark McDonald--RB--Columbus East

Parker Harrison--LB--Columbus East

Dalton Back--WR--Columbus East

Tyler Settle--DB--Columbus East

Honorable Mention

Cole Gilley--QB--Columbus East

Blake Huffman--RB--Columbus North

Montez Mitchell--DL--Columbus North

Landon Robbins--LB--Columbus North 

Basically, East is going to slaughter the HHC again. This is getting so old.

11 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

Basically, East is going to slaughter the HHC again. This is getting so old.

That's what happens when 1 school develops a top notch program and no one else seems to try to catch up.  Similar to what has happened to New Pal in the Hoosier Heritage Conference.  It will definitely make it tough on East to prepare for the 6A tournament when their average conference score will be 56-6.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2019 at 11:42 PM, MuleDriver said:

Going to be exciting to see how East fares in the 6a tourney. Too bad it isnt New Pal that was bumped up this season. Either way  should be a great year for both teams. 

Mule! Hope your summer has been well, been too damn hot for me lately lol. How is South looking this year? I expect them to be a pretty good team. 

5 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

Mule! Hope your summer has been well, been too damn hot for me lately lol. How is South looking this year? I expect them to be a pretty good team. 

Yeah should be good. Seems like they are still a step or two behind the elite 5a teams qb will not have any varsity  starting experience but they will return a lot of other skill guys . .   .. .......    The summer  , well look at it this way we made it all the way until july without much hot weather.  I still remember some pretty cool august mornings when i would have to be at practice for two a days in august as well as the humidity usually drops in august.   I think we will just have to suffer july and be in the clear after that. 

On 7/20/2019 at 8:53 PM, dmizers3 said:

That's what happens when 1 school develops a top notch program and no one else seems to try to catch up.  Similar to what has happened to New Pal in the Hoosier Heritage Conference.  It will definitely make it tough on East to prepare for the 6A tournament when their average conference score will be 56-6.

Floyd Central is a decent program. BNL is a decent program. But nobody is anywhere close to East right now.

HHC pre-seasons predictions. From my perspective.

1. Columbus East-As sure as salt in Ocean Water. Bob Gaddis. Cole Gilley. Mark McDonald. The machine will keep rolling. There may not be a close game in the HHC. IMO. 

2. Floyd Central-I like our team here because they have some good skill guys back. I love coach Bragg. Huge fan. I like his staff a lot. Polk at QB is solid. Really quick RBs and good athletic WRs. I haven’t seen them play yet obviously, but I like this team this year for what I’ve heard.

3. BNL-It won’t be easy replacing McCall Ray. Coach Weber is solid and he’ll find a way to put a decent team on the field. BNL kids are usually pretty tough kids.

4. Seymour-I’ve been hard on these guys over the years. But they have gotten a lot better. They will be an upset type of team this year. They’ve picked off some of the bigger teams lately.

5. New Albany-They lost a lot. Cooley is a good offensive coach but they are young. They’ll have a few breakout skill guys. They always do.

6. Jeffersonville-Dissapointing program. Glesing bailed on them. Their new Head Coach is a Police Detective with the Jeffersonville Police Dept. I really don’t know about his coaching experience. Obviously they should be more disciplined. But a good football team, I don’t expect that.

7. Jennings County-They are here because they’ll find a way to beat Madison. It could be their only conference win unless they can beat Jeffersonville.

8. Madison-I really feel bad for them. At least they don’t have to play Floyd Central this year. That allows them to schedule a better matchup opponent. Hopefully they can win a game or two.

COY-Bob Gaddis/James Bragg

POY-Mark McDonald

9 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Floyd Central is a decent program. BNL is a decent program. But nobody is anywhere close to East right now.

Last year was the year to topple East.

Both NA & BNL had decent shots at it but fell short. 

I think the programs are coached well enough but just aren’t enough kids dedicated to working hard enough to beat East. 

42 minutes ago, starbacker said:

Last year was the year to topple East.

Both NA & BNL had decent shots at it but fell short. 

I think the programs are coached well enough but just aren’t enough kids dedicated to working hard enough to beat East. 

I agree. BNL and NA both should have had them. It was a funny year. Because Floyd ended up whipping NA, but couldn’t touch East. Floyd could have easily beat BNL, although BNL was probably the better team. Just a really wierd season.

19 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

East opening up with Whiteland, CN and Pickerington Central is a 3 game gauntlet. PC is one of the best teams in Ohio. 

That is tough. I would expect East to handle Whiteland,  not sure what CN has coming back, PC is a big ask.  They have a very stout program in the largest division in Ohio.  Great test against an elite opponent. 

11 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

What is the expectation of these games? What do the teams have coming back, etc.? 

I would be happy with a 2-1... I think East beats Whiteland (I believe they were a senior heavy team last year), I think they beat CN and I think they have a competitive game against PC, coming up a bit short. 

East returns a ton of talent from last years team (4 preseason all state kids, and 1 honorable mention). Last year the line had some issues, I’ve heard they are much improved this year, I guess time will tell if that’s true. 

This isn’t personal. Are there not any other HHC fans on here that can come and discuss their team too? These HHC threads basically become Columbus East threads. Yes, I know they are great, and they always run the table, but I would love to hear about BNL, Seymour, New Albany sometime.

Edited by Fkfootball