Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

37 minutes ago, boilerfan87 said:

I got to check out the Floyd game tonight. They were anemic on offense and Silver Creek went double tight the whole game and just ran over them. The conference hasn't been this wide open in years. At least it'll be interesting! Whoever improves the most over the course of the season will take it. Maybe New Albany?? That'd be my bet at the moment. 

Floyd Central has better players on the sideline. I mean, why play your 6”3 Sophomore QB who can throw the ball 60 yards when you have a 5”7 QB that hits his Offensive Lineman in the back of the head.

2 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

Seymour - 28

Columbus East - 24

Final..

99 game win streak in the conference is over!

This team is absolutely terrible. Offense AWFUL, defense AWFUL, and the coaching staff is about on par with the team. Zero percent chance Coach Gaddis would have lost this game. Absolute embarrassment. 

He left for a reason

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ptr said:

This conference is sure one big puzzle. Trying to figure out who will finish last in the conference is probably as hard as trying to figure out who will win it. 

I think Floyd Central will get better. They have some good players. Definitely not sold on their coaching staff though.

7 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Are we sure of that? There isn’t one coach in the HHC that I’d want coaching my school. Not one. 

You are a typical FC fan.....play a soft schedule so you can talk about your precious wins and losses, and complain when the competition gets ratcheted up to get better.  

If I gave a damn, I'd go back and find all of the mentions you have provided over the years about how much you love Bragg and the staff.  You are the epitome of a Floyd Central fan.  You know nothing of what you speak when it comes to personnel, you know nothing about what goes on in that locker room and in coaching meetings or at practice, but you sure seem to have all the answers.  You provided numerous laughs among the coaches from your ridiculous rantings over the years.  Voices from the Stands, starring Fkfootball.  Go fill out an application and help coach since you know so much.  But I know it's easier to just show up on Friday's, have a little bitch session with your buddies in the stands about how bad the coaches are, and then blast them sitting behind a computer screen.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Coachhess said:

You are a typical FC fan.....play a soft schedule so you can talk about your precious wins and losses, and complain when the competition gets ratcheted up to get better.  

If I gave a damn, I'd go back and find all of the mentions you have provided over the years about how much you love Bragg and the staff.  You are the epitome of a Floyd Central fan.  You know nothing of what you speak when it comes to personnel, you know nothing about what goes on in that locker room and in coaching meetings or at practice, but you sure seem to have all the answers.  You provided numerous laughs among the coaches from your ridiculous rantings over the years.  Voices from the Stands, starring Fkfootball.  Go fill out an application and help coach since you know so much.  But I know it's easier to just show up on Friday's, have a little bitch session with your buddies in the stands about how bad the coaches are, and then blast them sitting behind a computer screen.  

I do love Coach Bragg. Coach Bragg is a heck of a guy. I respect him tremendously. And I know he’s your friend. But this program is going backwards. I have a much bigger issue with them thinking they can play against Louisville Schools and they can’t even cross the 40 yard line against Silver Creek.

Id like for someone to tell me, how getting your @@@ kicked 3 times in a row, is making anyone better?

I boost money into that school. My family boosts money into that school. So yeah, I have a right to be irritated.

Edited by Fkfootball
  • Haha 1
  • Kill me now 1

Here’s a fun game. The HHC is 0-12 in non-conference games so far. When are we going to get our first win? Will we ever get a win? How many games will we win?

Week 4: Jeffersonville (1-1) at Mount Vernon (Posey) (3-0)

Week 5: Madison (1-2) at Jennings County (0-3)

Week 6: Brownstown Central (3-0) at Seymour (1-2)

Week 7: Columbus East (0-3) at Indianapolis Chatard (0-3)

Week 8: Madison (1-2) at BNL (1-2)

Week 9: Seymour (1-2) at Madison (1-2)

32 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Here’s a fun game. The HHC is 0-12 in non-conference games so far. When are we going to get our first win? Will we ever get a win? How many games will we win?

Week 4: Jeffersonville (1-1) at Mount Vernon (Posey) (3-0)

Week 5: Madison (1-2) at Jennings County (0-3)

Week 6: Brownstown Central (3-0) at Seymour (1-2)

Week 7: Columbus East (0-3) at Indianapolis Chatard (0-3)

Week 8: Madison (1-2) at BNL (1-2)

Week 9: Seymour (1-2) at Madison (1-2)

Chatard is the best winless team in the state. I don’t care what @Lysandersays. 

• Like 2

On 5/9/2021 at 12:18 PM, Fkfootball said:

My HHC 2021 season Spring Outlook and Predictions.

1. Columbus East-It would be an absolute oversight for me to put anyone else here as they’ve earned this respect. The big question mark, is no Bob Gaddis. It could be different. The loss of Mark McDonald and Malachi Parks will be huge as well. I would expect rising Senior Tryce Villarreal to be their star and be one of the top HHC players as well.

2. New Albany-They will most definitely be the best threat to East. They have a ton of rising Seniors. Derrell Simmons, Kyondre Winford, JaRaylan Johnson, Dejon Winburn, Myles Johnson. They have a ton of athletes and skill players with 3-4 years experience. They could be scary good if they put it together.

3. Floyd Central-I’m hesitantly going with my Highlanders here. I have a lot of faith in Coach Bragg and his staff. It’s going to look a lot like a rebuilding year with all the Seniors they lost and all the College players they lost but fortunately the cupboard isn’t bare. They’ll find a RB because they always seem to do so, and their rising SO QB Tristan Robertson is a really impressive and talented kid. Watching him grow will be the most exciting thing with that program next season. He does have some good skill guys around him in Zak Hutslar, Eli Branham, Jake Hausz, Jaxon Farley, and Cody Bibelhauser. If I keep going I might talk myself into the #2 spot but I think they have a lot more question marks on the line of scrimmage than New Albany does. Their first 2 games are against Louisville Male and Louisville Manuel. So an 0-2 start really won’t be a tremendous suprise.

4. Jeffersonville-I kind of thought about putting them at #3, but I felt that one upset victory doesn’t make up for the last 5 years. Coach Parker has built a much more disciplined program but they still need to prove that they can put together a winning season. Their Tailback Jordan Ferguson has graduated but they return a pretty good QB in Cole Phillips who played well in the Sectional last year.

5. BNL-I have them here for no other reason other than I absolutely like their QB Bryne Lewis. The kid is tough as nails, and a big time playmaker. He will make new coach Derrick Barkers life a lot easier. It’s going to take some time for them to get back to where they want to be.

6. Seymour-They got off to a decent start last season and then the wheels came off. Their QB Ruble has graduated, they’ll be in for a rebuild next season as it seems almost every HHC team is.

7. Jennings County-Well, it’s Jennings County. They were kind of fun to watch a few years ago with the QB/WR duo they had. I was hoping they’d start becoming competitive but I just don’t think it’s going to happen anytime soon.

Of course your response has something to do with money.  FC through and through

I'll just leave this here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Olympian06 said:

Chatard will beat East by 50… that is literally zero exaggeration in that prediction. 

Not sure about that. Chatard has definitely struggled to start the season, much like the teams in the HHC. They are clearly getting better, as will the teams in the conference as the season progresses. 

I will be honest the amount of coach bashing since last night is a little disappointing to me, particularly from the CE fans, who seem to be a little more educated than some of the others. Coach Vogel has been an integral part of the coaching staff during CE’s run. During the last few years probably a much more integral part as a coordinator than the HC, and that’s not a slight on anybody, it’s just how established programs operate. 

You people doing all the bitching about coaching are exactly one of the reasons schools in this conference struggle with football. Instead of bitching about how bad your coaching staff is doing, what are you doing to support your program?  @Fkfootball throwing money at the problem isn’t always the answer, if it were we’d have no drug or poverty problems in this country. I was at East Central last night, and EC has had some mediocre seasons over the years, but the stands are always full, it’s a rocking environment, and last night they spent about 25 minutes introducing their youth players. The youth players were in their game jerseys, out on the field with the team for warmups, etc. EC got pretty much physically whipped in the game, I haven’t seen the first post bitching about their coaching staff. EC routinely plays GCL teams and gets physically whipped, and you don’t see their fans posting anonymously bitching about it. 

Wins and losses are not the messing stick when it comes to measuring the success of a high school program. What kind of young people are they producing? That’s the measuring stick. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

Chatard will beat East by 50… that is literally zero exaggeration in that prediction. 

“Omg man, how dare you talk negatively about East, how dare you call it like it is. You people in Columbus are terrible. You should just submit an application if you can do the job better.”

55 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Not sure about that. Chatard has definitely struggled to start the season, much like the teams in the HHC. They are clearly getting better, as will the teams in the conference as the season progresses. 

I will be honest the amount of coach bashing since last night is a little disappointing to me, particularly from the CE fans, who seem to be a little more educated than some of the others. Coach Vogel has been an integral part of the coaching staff during CE’s run. During the last few years probably a much more integral part as a coordinator than the HC, and that’s not a slight on anybody, it’s just how established programs operate. 

You people doing all the bitching about coaching are exactly one of the reasons schools in this conference struggle with football. Instead of bitching about how bad your coaching staff is doing, what are you doing to support your program?  @Fkfootball throwing money at the problem isn’t always the answer, if it were we’d have no drug or poverty problems in this country. I was at East Central last night, and EC has had some mediocre seasons over the years, but the stands are always full, it’s a rocking environment, and last night they spent about 25 minutes introducing their youth players. The youth players were in their game jerseys, out on the field with the team for warmups, etc. EC got pretty much physically whipped in the game, I haven’t seen the first post bitching about their coaching staff. EC routinely plays GCL teams and gets physically whipped, and you don’t see their fans posting anonymously bitching about it. 

Wins and losses are not the messing stick when it comes to measuring the success of a high school program. What kind of young people are they producing? That’s the measuring stick. 

The problem with us East fans is we’ve been overly spoiled by 17 seasons of tremendous success. I barely remember East football before 2004 because I didn’t have a reason to follow them. My love of high school sports didn’t begin until I was in high school. We went 7-5 my freshman year (2003 season) and then the team took off after that.

I’m not going to get on here and bash Coach Vogel though. I know the guy and am aware of how much he contributed to the success of the team behind Coach Gaddis. To be fair to him, this team has the least amount of talent and depth I’ve seen (Again, I didn’t truly start following until 2003). We should’ve seen this downfall coming. I think we did but most of us didn’t want to accept it.

On the flip-side, I’m not seeing the same amount of energy or swagger I’m used to seeing from East. I’m with @Olympian06 in that I also believe Gaddis would’ve figured out how to protect the lead last night and pull out a win. Regardless, this team was going to lose an HHC game whether it was last night or sometime down the road this season. The players are the ones that have to execute the game plan and they just seem to lack the talent to do so.

My biggest concern about all of this is we have a very fickle fan base. When we aren’t winning, we don’t show up unless it’s the rivalry game against Columbus North. The new home stands that were built before the 2014 season, I’ve slowly seen them become less and less filled since 2018, maybe 2019. A bad East team is really going to hurt attendance. On top of that, there’s not a lot of excitement anyway because the students aren’t allowed to be. Not going to name any names for the reason why but, in my opinion, it’s ridiculous and only hurts us.

Nevertheless, I’ll still be at East games when I can. That won’t change. And if we are going to fall off the HHC pedestal, I hope more fans of other HHC teams will join or return to this message board. I like the five of you or so who get on here and interact, but it would be nice to see fans of Seymour, Jennings County, New Albany, and Jeffersonville as well. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1