Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

16 minutes ago, LawrenceGreene said:

If they play like they played last night, and continue to improve……Yes, they’ll win a few more games in the HHC. They’re by no means a finished product.  Lots of room for improvement. 

Based on the results of conference games thus far, they’ll compete with New Albany for the HHC title. Maybe Floyd Central will compete too once we see how they look against HHC teams. 

1 hour ago, Fkfootball said:

Sports aren’t free!

Why do you care? You ran off to Corydon. 

Yep.  I ran off to spend more time with my own kids who are now all in school.  They are right across the street from me.  

I don't care.  Truly I don't.  I just like to call a spade a spade when I see one.  Your incoherent and flip-flop rants don't normally bother me, seeing as how your knowledge of the game compared to the coaches on the field is the equivalent of a butter knife in a dual.  

BTW, Bragg never scheduled Male or Manual.  And football is 100% funded by fundraisers and the booster club.  But I'm sure you already knew all that because your a donor and as such are knowledgeable about the inner workings of all things FC.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

The problem with us East fans is we’ve been overly spoiled by 17 seasons of tremendous success. I barely remember East football before 2004 because I didn’t have a reason to follow them. My love of high school sports didn’t begin until I was in high school. We went 7-5 my freshman year (2003 season) and then the team took off after that.

Fair enough, but some of us are old enough to remember Columbus High School and have loved HS sports that long.

I’m not going to get on here and bash Coach Vogel though. I know the guy and am aware of how much he contributed to the success of the team behind Coach Gaddis. To be fair to him, this team has the least amount of talent and depth I’ve seen (Again, I didn’t truly start following until 2003). We should’ve seen this downfall coming. I think we did but most of us didn’t want to accept it.

You didn’t have to be a soothsayer to know it. Both Columbus MS’s have struggled for several years. PAAL has faced numbers issues, or at the very least declining numbers. 

On the flip-side, I’m not seeing the same amount of energy or swagger I’m used to seeing from East. I’m with @Olympian06 in that I also believe Gaddis would’ve figured out how to protect the lead last night and pull out a win. Regardless, this team was going to lose an HHC game whether it was last night or sometime down the road this season. The players are the ones that have to execute the game plan and they just seem to lack the talent to do so.

My biggest concern about all of this is we have a very fickle fan base. When we aren’t winning, we don’t show up unless it’s the rivalry game against Columbus North. The new home stands that were built before the 2014 season, I’ve slowly seen them become less and less filled since 2018, maybe 2019. A bad East team is really going to hurt attendance. On top of that, there’s not a lot of excitement anyway because the students aren’t allowed to be. Not going to name any names for the reason why but, in my opinion, it’s ridiculous and only hurts us.

This what I was referring to, it takes a tremendous amount of money to compete at the top levels in ant sport. A chunk of that money comes from asses in the seats. Which helps build a program, people showing up every Friday and the football game being an event, or people staying home bitching about how bad the team is, kids see this, learn from this, etc. I agree 100%, students today are not allowed to have fun. I’m all about good sportsmanship, but geez let the students have some fun, it’s THEIR GAME!

Nevertheless, I’ll still be at East games when I can. That won’t change. And if we are going to fall off the HHC pedestal, I hope more fans of other HHC teams will join or return to this message board. I like the five of you or so who get on here and interact, but it would be nice to see fans of Seymour, Jennings County, New Albany, and Jeffersonville as well. 

Agreed. 

1 hour ago, Coachhess said:

Yep.  I ran off to spend more time with my own kids who are now all in school.  They are right across the street from me.  

I don't care.  Truly I don't.  I just like to call a spade a spade when I see one.  Your incoherent and flip-flop rants don't normally bother me, seeing as how your knowledge of the game compared to the coaches on the field is the equivalent of a butter knife in a dual.  

BTW, Bragg never scheduled Male or Manual.  And football is 100% funded by fundraisers and the booster club.  But I'm sure you already knew all that because your a donor and as such are knowledgeable about the inner workings of all things FC.

James Bragg literally told me to my face, that he wants to play those teams and wants to play Trinity and St X. 

But go off. 

23 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

The problem with us East fans is we’ve been overly spoiled by 17 seasons of tremendous success. I barely remember East football before 2004 because I didn’t have a reason to follow them. My love of high school sports didn’t begin until I was in high school. We went 7-5 my freshman year (2003 season) and then the team took off after that.

I’m not going to get on here and bash Coach Vogel though. I know the guy and am aware of how much he contributed to the success of the team behind Coach Gaddis. To be fair to him, this team has the least amount of talent and depth I’ve seen (Again, I didn’t truly start following until 2003). We should’ve seen this downfall coming. I think we did but most of us didn’t want to accept it.

On the flip-side, I’m not seeing the same amount of energy or swagger I’m used to seeing from East. I’m with @Olympian06 in that I also believe Gaddis would’ve figured out how to protect the lead last night and pull out a win. Regardless, this team was going to lose an HHC game whether it was last night or sometime down the road this season. The players are the ones that have to execute the game plan and they just seem to lack the talent to do so.

My biggest concern about all of this is we have a very fickle fan base. When we aren’t winning, we don’t show up unless it’s the rivalry game against Columbus North. The new home stands that were built before the 2014 season, I’ve slowly seen them become less and less filled since 2018, maybe 2019. A bad East team is really going to hurt attendance. On top of that, there’s not a lot of excitement anyway because the students aren’t allowed to be. Not going to name any names for the reason why but, in my opinion, it’s ridiculous and only hurts us.

Nevertheless, I’ll still be at East games when I can. That won’t change. And if we are going to fall off the HHC pedestal, I hope more fans of other HHC teams will join or return to this message board. I like the five of you or so who get on here and interact, but it would be nice to see fans of Seymour, Jennings County, New Albany, and Jeffersonville as well. 

I just flat out disagree, Gaddis would have ran the same play on first down with 2 minutes and change on the clock inside Seymour's 25.  The kid just fumbled.  He doesn't fumble you force them to use time outs and likely run the clock out.  Gaddis wouldn't have prevented the kickoff return for a TD either.  Kids either make plays or they don't.  The team is very young and doesn't have depth of talent it has had in the past.  Vogel is a good coach, Miller and team are good coaches, they basically ran the team the last several years to a great degree.  It is not on the coaches in my opinion nor am I calling out players just stating facts.  I think this team will get better but they will have to fight and execute with minimal mistakes to win games.

30 minutes ago, Fogertyputmein said:

I just flat out disagree, Gaddis would have ran the same play on first down with 2 minutes and change on the clock inside Seymour's 25.  The kid just fumbled.  He doesn't fumble you force them to use time outs and likely run the clock out.  Gaddis wouldn't have prevented the kickoff return for a TD either.  Kids either make plays or they don't.  The team is very young and doesn't have depth of talent it has had in the past.  Vogel is a good coach, Miller and team are good coaches, they basically ran the team the last several years to a great degree.  It is not on the coaches in my opinion nor am I calling out players just stating facts.  I think this team will get better but they will have to fight and execute with minimal mistakes to win games.

I’m going to disagree, the play calling this year at times has been questionable at times (which is fine that we disagree). I even sent a text to Frozen during the North game and asked why we kept rolling Duncan out the opposite way to where he had to throw back across his body to a receiver.. it was a play that was 0/5 when they ran it that game. Sure, you can put some blame on the players too, but Gaddis would not have lost this game. FFS, East couldn’t even get the correct number of players on the field when Seymour was driving. 

On 9/4/2021 at 6:02 PM, Fkfootball said:

James Bragg literally told me to my face, that he wants to play those teams and wants to play Trinity and St X. 

But go off. 

Yes Stan.  Bragg wants to play the best of the best if possible.  He doesn't schedule the games.  I was responsible for finding a Week 2 opponent last year when we played Elder since I have contacts in Ohio from my college playing days.  We never even looked at an Elder like program.  That, along with every other game on the schedule, is locked in by people/person above him.

Donate more and maybe they'll let you choose a 2A program to get some Ws.

2 hours ago, Coachhess said:

Yes Stan.  Bragg wants to play the best of the best if possible.  He doesn't schedule the games.  I was responsible for finding a Week 2 opponent last year when we played Elder since I have contacts in Ohio from my college playing days.  We never even looked at an Elder like program.  That, along with every other game on the schedule, is locked in by people/person above him.

Donate more and maybe they'll let you choose a 2A program to get some Ws.

You’re delusional man. FC doesn’t belong on the field with Elder, Male, Manual, or any big time program. They haven’t even been able to play with East. Maybe they will now that the legend is gone up there, but we’ll see. I don’t want to see them schedule 2A teams. You’re telling me that they can’t get Castle, Bloomington North, East Central, Boonville, or some other good 4A/5A team on their schedule? It’s not about padding W/L but for goodness sakes, at least play games you might be able to win. Floyd Central was doing some good things when Glesing was the Head Coach but they clearly have no clue what winning football is. From Varsity on down, they’re just like the rest of the HHC. Mediocre.

Edited by Fkfootball

34 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

You’re delusional man. FC doesn’t belong on the field with Elder, Male, Manual, or any big time program. They haven’t even been able to play with East. Maybe they will now that the legend is gone up there, but we’ll see. I don’t want to see them schedule 2A teams. You’re telling me that they can’t get Castle, Bloomington North, East Central, Boonville, or some other good 4A/5A team on their schedule? It’s not about padding W/L but for goodness sakes, at least play games you might be able to win. Floyd Central was doing some good things when Glesing was the Head Coach but they clearly have no clue what winning football is. From Varsity on down, they’re just like the rest of the HHC. Mediocre.

Just throwing out there that Castle doesn’t have the ability to schedule non-conference games because the SIAC expanded to ten teams and they all play each other.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

It’s been an interesting start to the season to say the least haha. Hope you have been well. 

Hope all is great with you, as well....but....daaaaaaamn, what a crazy page....at least recently.

Yes, an interesting start for many of us....though not unexpected on my end (okay....there is Brebeuf...but, after watching them, the "preppies" are legit....much as I hate to admit).  But Heck, that's why I enjoy it.  I wont ever love the kids or coaches any less.  

That said, I have been wanting to see East play Chatard for the better part of 14 years.  Regardless how this year turns out, I am hoping both schools keep each other on the schedule because, in my opinion, when these two teams are at their best, this is a game real  Indiana HS football fans truly want to watch.

Seriously, these two teams SHOULD play each other every year.  From Chatard's perspective (speaking for myself), I'd love to see this game as much of a fixture as the Cathedral or Roncalli game on the schedule. 

East has an incredible tradition of excellence.  Good luck to your kids.

• Like 3