Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

4 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Dang it. All eight teams made it through unscathed last year. What a bummer.

We have been fortunate, we’ve only had one game cancelled due to COVID and we were able to fill it with a game that needed emergency officials. We even ended up with two games a couple of weeks ago with the weather issues. I know a crew out of Columbus who didn’t work their first game last year until week 5. 

Edited by Impartial_Observer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, boilerfan87 said:

I posted this in the other thread but Oldham County KY needed a game the other day. They are close by. It could be a good game too. 

Oldham County is 3-0 and spanked Fern Creek last Friday. Floyd Central needs to schedule a good chance at a win “if” they can. This team is 0-3. Going 0-4 with trips to Jeffersonville and East could end up 0-6 and it’s a good chance that a lot of their kids will just pack it in for the season. Those kids need a win. They’re a young team. They need some confidence. Which is why I’m totally against opening the season with your toughest opponents. 

Edited by Fkfootball

18 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Dang it. All eight teams made it through unscathed last year. What a bummer.

Last years many schools were on a pretty strict protocol of health safety with mandatory mask, hybrid schedules, restricted access, and creating as much spacing as possible during the school day.   That helped limited the cases of student removal due to contact tracing   

This year many of those protocols (pushed by politics or not) have fallen by the wayside.  Yet, their is still enough concern from healthcare officials that anyone without proper PPEs who has prolonged contact with a COVID positive individual is required to be quarantined.    Thus when a case does pop up in school it’s has the potential to pull out more of the student body than before.  

What I’m hearing from someone with a player in the Seymour team is that about 40 students were removed from school due to contact tracing of one individual who tested positive. Not clue if the individual was on the team, but the contact tracing did remove a decent number of the varsity football team for the next 10 days.  With it being a mandatory 10 days (possible incubation period for COVID) even without symptoms or a negative test I wouldn’t be surprised if next weeks game is in danger too. 

Edited by TheMadness1

11 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Oldham County is 3-0 and spanked Fern Creek last Friday. Floyd Central needs to schedule a good chance at a win “if” they can. This team is 0-3. Going 0-4 with trips to Jeffersonville and East could end up 0-6 and it’s a good chance that a lot of their kids will just pack it in for the season. Those kids need a win. They’re a young team. They need some confidence. Which is why I’m totally against opening the season with your toughest opponents. 

That's a pretty unfortunate attitude to take. I think the kids and coaches would rather play that not. I am certain there will be no "packing it in." It may appear that way to you in the stands, but if they are indeed young, the more experience the better. Have a little faith in the long term prospects of your program. Most programs have some years that aren't as good as others while they rebuild. 

There is likely not many if any 2a/3a teams that will want to play Floyd. They'll have to schedule a fellow big school. OC fits the profile. Otherwise, there is no game. If I am the coach, I take any chance to get reps and get better.

3 hours ago, boilerfan87 said:

That's a pretty unfortunate attitude to take. I think the kids and coaches would rather play that not. I am certain there will be no "packing it in." It may appear that way to you in the stands, but if they are indeed young, the more experience the better. Have a little faith in the long term prospects of your program. Most programs have some years that aren't as good as others while they rebuild. 

There is likely not many if any 2a/3a teams that will want to play Floyd. They'll have to schedule a fellow big school. OC fits the profile. Otherwise, there is no game. If I am the coach, I take any chance to get reps and get better.

Hey I understand. And I can respect you having a different opinion. I’m just behind these kids and I want to see them taste some success. I will always 100% back up the kids on that team. But I do agree that playing Oldham County would be better than sitting at home on Friday night.

See guys, that’s how you guys (BoilerFan87) respectfully disagree with someone.

Edited by Fkfootball

6 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

Hey I understand. And I can respect you having a different opinion. I’m just behind these kids and I want to see them taste some success. I will always 100% back up the kids on that team. But I do agree that playing Oldham County would be better than sitting at home on Friday night.

Oldham Co. said no.

25 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

Was I disrespectful? No. 

You come in here on blast mode for your school, coaches and program. Then you retract it when called on it. Same old story as usual. You are not being productive for your school. 

40 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

Will someone please take his shovel, he doesn’t seem to know when to quit digging. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, LawrenceGreene said:

Bueller.......Bueller.......

I know it's not as entertaining as the back and forth with the FC guy, but it's a legitimate question.

Isn't this thread all about entertainment?? 😁

Cooley has been a power-spread type of coach. Typically in the pistol/gun. A decade ago he was a lot of 2x2, 3x1 type stuff, but more recently you'd see some two back pistol or double tight pistol type formations. Zone was bread and butter. I haven't seen them this year to say specifically though. 

11 hours ago, boilerfan87 said:

Isn't this thread all about entertainment?? 😁

Touche

11 hours ago, boilerfan87 said:

Cooley has been a power-spread type of coach. Typically in the pistol/gun. A decade ago he was a lot of 2x2, 3x1 type stuff, but more recently you'd see some two back pistol or double tight pistol type formations. Zone was bread and butter. I haven't seen them this year to say specifically though. 

BNL's 3-3-5 was adopted due to personnel (I assume), but it's built for the spread.  We'll see if they come out and execute. Last week they had all 11 guys flying to the ball, something I haven't seen in the 7 years I've been following the Stars.

For the bnl fans. I didnt know weber had resigned until recently, and I'm curious if others feel like he was holding back the program? Not sure thw job was ever for him and if it were at some point the thought that came to my mind was ot was time for him to move on. I hate to see a coach  hold back young men as hard as they work.  I think back thw the kirk kennedy era at bhss the boys absolutely despised him..... 

2 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

For the bnl fans. I didnt know weber had resigned until recently, and I'm curious if others feel like he was holding back the program? Not sure thw job was ever for him and if it were at some point the thought that came to my mind was ot was time for him to move on. I hate to see a coach  hold back young men as hard as they work.  I think back thw the kirk kennedy era at bhss the boys absolutely despised him..... 

Weber is coaching at Martinsville now.