Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

2 hours ago, boilerfan87 said:

If FC hasn't found a game, it just came across the Kentucky email that Woodford County needs a game this week. It's a little late, but maybe they could play Saturday. They are between Louisville and Lexington, so not too far. 

Based on what I can tell, the only other Indiana teams available are 5A #8/#9 Fort Wayne Snider, 4A Northview, 2A Wheeler, and 1A #5 Winamac.

Snider was supposed to play Fort Wayne South Side at home. Northview was supposed to play West Vigo at home. Wheeler was supposed to play at South Central (Union Mills). And Winamac was supposed to play at LaVille.

Floyd Central is kind of backed into a corner being on the Ohio River and wanting to play a home game since this is their homecoming week. I highly doubt Winamac or Wheeler are going to want to make the LONG drive down from northwest Indiana. Snider would probably prefer to play at home but I doubt they’d want to make the LONG drive down from northeast Indiana.

That just leaves Northview. Would they be ok giving up a home game? If so, would they be ok making the 2 hour and 45 minute drive southeast. I doubt it. Unless some school in southwest Ohio is fine making the 2+ hour drive, I’d say a Kentucky school is Floyd Central’s best bet for a game this week. Hopefully it works out.

38 minutes ago, ragdoll said:

Weber is coaching at Martinsville now.

Yes I found that out after googling him. I think bnl is a lot better this week than they were earlier this season when they faced the ville.  Took a week or two for them to wake up that they weren't under weber anymore and they can actually play. By the way I know south handled martinsville but take away the d 1 recruits that transferred from kansas to bhss ( the mccoulough bros) and i feel like that game is pretty even. That martinsville passing game has been good for decades.  ... 

3 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

For the bnl fans. I didnt know weber had resigned until recently, and I'm curious if others feel like he was holding back the program? Not sure thw job was ever for him and if it were at some point the thought that came to my mind was ot was time for him to move on. I hate to see a coach  hold back young men as hard as they work.  I think back thw the kirk kennedy era at bhss the boys absolutely despised him..... 

My opinion based on what I observed.....I don't think he held back the kids or the program, he did what he thought was best with his personnel.  Along with that, he fought for years to get the middle school team consolidated. The sophomores and juniors right now were 7th and 8th graders when that finally happened.  There are a lot of sophomores and juniors starting.  I'm not taking anything away from the seniors, they are studs.  I wish they had the benefit of playing on one middle school team as opposed to 3.  But that's just one of the ways Weber got the program going in the right direction, rather than holding it back.

• Like 2

As far as Weber being the right fit, I don't know.  When he started at Linton, as an assistant, he entered a program/community that was rabid about football.   The youth league in that small community fielded 3-4 teams in each age group.  When he arrived at BNL, the youth league in that 5a community struggled to field 3-4 teams in each age group.  He took the Linton program, that already had the buy-in, support, and desire, and he polished it. BNL, maybe, needed someone to focus on fostering that buy-in, support, and desire.  Up to this point, Coach Barker seems to be that guy.

47 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

Yes I found that out after googling him. I think bnl is a lot better this week than they were earlier this season when they faced the ville.  Took a week or two for them to wake up that they weren't under weber anymore and they can actually play. By the way I know south handled martinsville but take away the d 1 recruits that transferred from kansas to bhss ( the mccoulough bros) and i feel like that game is pretty even. That martinsville passing game has been good for decades.  ... 

Agree 100%

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

What exactly is Seymours issue? I know they’re probably saying it’s Covid related. Was the entire team exposed? It seems fishy that they’d knock off East and then they have to go on the road to play a back against the wall Floyd Central team. The reason I ask is because we are scheduled to play their JV and 9th teams. 

If Seymour wasn’t afraid of playing East, I’m sure they’re not afraid of playing Floyd Central. If anything, they’d want to play them to try and keep the momentum going. There’s not a conspiracy here.

30 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

If Seymour wasn’t afraid of playing East, I’m sure they’re not afraid of playing Floyd Central. If anything, they’d want to play them to try and keep the momentum going. There’s not a conspiracy here.

I have no insider information, I do know that Seymour’s JV and V locker rooms are segregated. It is my understanding there are issues with V only. Jackson County just got moved to red per the state blah, blah, blah. 
To be honest I haven’t even seen anything locally about the V game not happening yet. 

1 hour ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I have no insider information, I do know that Seymour’s JV and V locker rooms are segregated. It is my understanding there are issues with V only. Jackson County just got moved to red per the state blah, blah, blah. 
To be honest I haven’t even seen anything locally about the V game not happening yet. 

Yeah aside from this site, I saw a tweet by Floyd Central’s AD saying the team was looking for a replacement opponent. That’s it though. Seymour’s beat writer out of the Tribune hasn’t tweeted anything about it.

3 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

For the record, I edited that. I didn’t think it was an appropriate comment.

• Like 1

Well Floyd Central picked up a game. Daviess County Kentucky. Don’t know much about them other than they have a Division 1 QB that leads the state of Kentucky in passing, and they averaged 40 pts a game last season. Sounds like another loss. Jennings County might be our only win this season. What a disaster up in the Knobs. Just a horrible situation.

Edited by Fkfootball

1 hour ago, Fkfootball said:

Well Floyd Central picked up a game. Daviess County Kentucky. Don’t know much about them other than they have a Division 1 QB that leads the state of Kentucky in passing, and they averaged 40 pts a game last season. Sounds like another loss. Jennings County might be our only win this season. What a disaster up in the Knobs. Just a horrible situation.

You guys haven’t even played a conference game yet so you don’t even know where you stand within the HHC. Patience, young grasshopper.

2 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Most programs have their ups and downs. "Disaster" might be an exaggeration for the fact that they are very young and have played 3 very good teams. Like most, they will bounce back just fine. Maybe later in the year, maybe next. But they will improve. 

Daviess County does indeed have the top passer in the state of Kentucky. In 3 games, he has thrown for 1025 yards and 11 TD to 1 INT, good for 342 yards per game. They have 5 receivers with over 150 yards, so it is a very balanced attack. They are 2-1 on the year, with two impressive wins over Owensboro Catholic and Meade County. Their lone loss is against Owensboro, whose QB is one of the top dual-threat guys in the country and is committed to Rutgers (why??). He also annouced after that game he was leaving high school immediately to enroll.. anyway, it was a very close game against Owensboro. 

I do not know how good FC's pass defense is as the SC game I caught yielded very few pass plays but I was impressed with safety # 2. 

Picks for the week because I don't think I've done it...

Columbus East at Jennings County 

Jeffersonville at Mount Vernon

New Albany at Bedford NL (is this for the conference title??)

Daviess County at Floyd Central 

19 minutes ago, LC_Bears_04 said:

Week 4 Picks:

Columbus East over Jennings County

Mount Vernon (Posey) over Jeffersonville

New Albany over Bedford North Lawrence

Also Daviess County over Floyd Central.  I don't know why this damn website doesn't allow you to edit your posts.

Week 4 Predictions

Columbus East (0-3) at Jennings County (0-3): As bad as East has been, the Panthers are just on another level of bad right now. Can the Olympians build off a win tonight? It’s possible but I’m not sure it’s probable. East with the W.

Daviess County (KY) (2-1) at Floyd Central (0-3): The Panthers are the first team just outside of the Kentucky 6A top 10 AP poll. The one hour and 45 minute trip northeast to Floyds Knobs should be kind to them as the Highlanders continue to struggle finding the endzone this year. While their homecoming is looking like it’ll be spoiled, you have to think the four weeks of stout competition will make HHC-play easy for Floyd Central. However, it doesn’t look good tonight. Daviess County by a lot.

Jeffersonville (1-1) at #7/#8 Mount Vernon (Posey) (3-0): The Red Devils make the 2+ hour drive to the southwest corner of the state to play one of the top teams in 3A. Based on last week’s showing at BNL, I’m not confident they’ll be able to get the job done. Even with having more than three times the student population, Jeff is still Jeff. Maybe they can make it close but I’m still taking the Wildcats.

New Albany (1-2) at BNL (1-2): Could this actually be the game that decides the conference championship? Based on the transitive property of inequality, BNL is better than Jeffersonville who is better than Seymour who is better than Columbus East. New Albany has a separate data set, though, because we know they’re better than Jennings County but neither team has played anybody else within the conference. We still don’t know where Floyd Central fits into this and we technically don’t know where exactly New Albany fits. Nevertheless, on paper, this looks to be a key matchup in determining the HHC championship. Before this week, the Bulldogs would’ve been my pick here. However, the Stars showed tremendous growth last week as they familiarize themselves to a new coach and system. I’m breaking away from the consensus here because I’m not sure I trust the New Albany defense to make enough key stops. BNL is my pick.

8 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Week 4 Predictions

Columbus East (0-3) at Jennings County (0-3): As bad as East has been, the Panthers are just on another level of bad right now. Can the Olympians build off a win tonight? It’s possible but I’m not sure it’s probable. East with the W.

Daviess County (KY) (2-1) at Floyd Central (0-3): The Panthers are the first team just outside of the Kentucky 6A top 10 AP poll. The one hour and 45 minute trip northeast to Floyds Knobs should be kind to them as the Highlanders continue to struggle finding the endzone this year. While their homecoming is looking like it’ll be spoiled, you have to think the four weeks of stout competition will make HHC-play easy for Floyd Central. However, it doesn’t look good tonight. Daviess County by a lot.

Jeffersonville (1-1) at #7/#8 Mount Vernon (Posey) (3-0): The Red Devils make the 2+ hour drive to the southwest corner of the state to play one of the top teams in 3A. Based on last week’s showing at BNL, I’m not confident they’ll be able to get the job done. Even with having more than three times the student population, Jeff is still Jeff. Maybe they can make it close but I’m still taking the Wildcats.

New Albany (1-2) at BNL (1-2): Could this actually be the game that decides the conference championship? Based on the transitive property of inequality, BNL is better than Jeffersonville who is better than Seymour who is better than Columbus East. New Albany has a separate data set, though, because we know they’re better than Jennings County but neither team has played anybody else within the conference. We still don’t know where Floyd Central fits into this and we technically don’t know where exactly New Albany fits. Nevertheless, on paper, this looks to be a key matchup in determining the HHC championship. Before this week, the Bulldogs would’ve been my pick here. However, the Stars showed tremendous growth last week as they familiarize themselves to a new coach and system. I’m breaking away from the consensus here because I’m not sure I trust the New Albany defense to make enough key stops. BNL is my pick.

East

Daviess County

Mt Vernon

New Albany