Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

19 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

Good battle by FC.. seems like they are getting better tho.. improvement by week 10 is the most important aspect at this point..Wishing they had pulled that out. 

This team has underachieved 3 years in a row. I knew this was coming after having such a talented team get dominated by East last season.

Edited by Fkfootball

11 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

East's streak started in 2004, and that's when Madison's fortunes drastically plummeted. 

To be fair, nobody knew East was going to win 17 straight conference titles. Heck, even those of us that went to East didn’t foresee us winning three straight. We thought we’d drop off after Stevie Brown graduated. Then we thought we’d drop off after Drew Kiel graduated. Then we thought we’d drop off after the last Kiel (Gunner) graduated.

35 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

To be fair, nobody knew East was going to win 17 straight conference titles. Heck, even those of us that went to East didn’t foresee us winning three straight. We thought we’d drop off after Stevie Brown graduated. Then we thought we’d drop off after Drew Kiel graduated. Then we thought we’d drop off after the last Kiel (Gunner) graduated.

They’ll never dominate again like they did under Gaddis. Gaddis is one of the best HS coaches that I’ve ever seen. He could probably build any HHC team into a consistent Regional/Semi-State team. But, East is a football town. “Football in the crib.” All of that. We will see more good East teams.

10 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

I'll phrase this point differently-

Madison's final conference title in football was in 1991. Madison had one winning season by 2011, at the 20th anniversary of their conference title. A team that experiences one winning season over the course of 20 years should critically examine all aspects of its program, starting with its schedule. 

Edited by DanteEstonia

11 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

I'll phrase this point differently-

Madison's final conference title in football was in 1991. Madison had one winning season by 2011, at the 20th anniversary of their conference title. A team that experiences one winning season over the course of 20 years should critically examine all aspects of its program, starting with its schedule. 

First of all, there are more sports than just football.

Secondly, it doesn’t really matter. The HHC won’t magically get better at football just because Madison is gone. Having that extra opening to schedule a third non-conference opponent isn’t going to change things. 

13 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

They’ll never dominate again like they did under Gaddis. Gaddis is one of the best HS coaches that I’ve ever seen. He could probably build any HHC team into a consistent Regional/Semi-State team. But, East is a football town. “Football in the crib.” All of that. We will see more good East teams.

Don't get me wrong Gaddis was a good coach but East had a tremendous run of talent through the program and talent is down in Columbus overall as @Frozen Tundra or somebody said PAAL football numbers are way down.  Columbus used to have a solid travel team know as the Diesel which is no longer around as well.  Vogel and staff are solid coaches and as I have said in the past contributed more than any of you ever can know to the success of Gaddis teams.  North has gotten more talent of late because they appear to work harder on younger kids to convince them to come to North and play "big boy" football since they are 6A.  I know this from first hand experience.  From what I see talent will be down for a few years, I don't know the numbers or athletes in 6,7,and 8th grades so not sure if current players will develop to play at previous levels or if there is a "calvary" coming in a few years from middle school levels.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fogertyputmein said:

Don't get me wrong Gaddis was a good coach but East had a tremendous run of talent through the program and talent is down in Columbus overall as @Frozen Tundra or somebody said PAAL football numbers are way down.  Columbus used to have a solid travel team know as the Diesel which is no longer around as well.  Vogel and staff are solid coaches and as I have said in the past contributed more than any of you ever can know to the success of Gaddis teams.  North has gotten more talent of late because they appear to work harder on younger kids to convince them to come to North and play "big boy" football since they are 6A.  I know this from first hand experience.  From what I see talent will be down for a few years, I don't know the numbers or athletes in 6,7,and 8th grades so not sure if current players will develop to play at previous levels or if there is a "calvary" coming in a few years from middle school levels.

Well that is stupid because East plays plenty of “Big Boy Football” in the playoffs. They’ve won State Championships. If I lived in Columbus and had sons playing football, I’d send them to East. But North is really solid.

17 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

As far as cn playing big boy football it may be true but the last time they got out of the big boy sectional was  . . . ..  was ... was it ever? I think the  last time they beat center Grove was prior to the 5a split to 2 classes???? 

The last time they beat Center Grove was the last time they won a sectional, 2007. It’s been eight straight losses to Center Grove since that time and only one of those games was close. The average margin of defeat has been 29 points.

5 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

First of all, there are more sports than just football.

...sort of.

When Madison was in the HHC, an HHC football team would spend over three-fourths of its season playing conference teams. In basketball, that percentage was less than 40%. The other non-revenue sports have conference time percentages closer to basketball than football. 

5 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Secondly, it doesn’t really matter. The HHC won’t magically get better at football just because Madison is gone.

Madison leaving the HHC isn't for the benefit of the HHC, it's for the benefit of Madison. 

2 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

The last time they beat Center Grove was the last time they won a sectional, 2007. It’s been eight straight losses to Center Grove since that time and only one of those games was close. The average margin of defeat has been 29 points.

We could take the best players from all the HHC teams, AND the best players from Columbus North.

And still not beat Center Grove.

Edited by Fkfootball

3 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

As far as cn playing big boy football it may be true but the last time they got out of the big boy sectional was  . . . ..  was ... was it ever? I think the  last time they beat center Grove was prior to the 5a split to 2 classes???? 

The sad thing is, East has beaten Center Grove more recent than North has… 

• Like 1

On 9/10/2021 at 9:56 PM, Fkfootball said:

FC loses in OT 21-14. Highly winnable game. The kids played their heart out.  Absolutely pitiful playcalling. I can’t believe this guy thinks he’s an OC. Let alone a HC. 

I can't believe you continue to sit behind a computer and say ignorant stuff, but here we are.

On 9/10/2021 at 10:18 PM, Fkfootball said:

This team has underachieved 3 years in a row. I knew this was coming after having such a talented team get dominated by East last season.

Dominated?  It was 21-14 in the 4th quarter, and FC had 3 turnovers to that point.  But good try.

Underachieved 3 years in a row?  3rd sectional in school history, more kids playing college ball, including the first ever D1 scholarship player, than ever before, but underachieved.  Maybe pump more dollars in and you can hire someone who can magically make more 6'4 athletes.

• Like 2
  • Disdain 1

18 hours ago, Coachhess said:

I can't believe you continue to sit behind a computer and say ignorant stuff, but here we are.

Dominated?  It was 21-14 in the 4th quarter, and FC had 3 turnovers to that point.  But good try.

Underachieved 3 years in a row?  3rd sectional in school history, more kids playing college ball, including the first ever D1 scholarship player, than ever before, but underachieved.  Maybe pump more dollars in and you can hire someone who can magically make more 6'4 athletes.

Thanks to a team built by Brian Glesing, beating a bunch of bad teams. No offense. I’ve been here for 30+ years. I played in Green and Gold. About 10 people in my family played in Green and Gold. I am Floyd Central. I was around during the Wiegleb era. I think the world of Coach Bragg as a person, but he has looked like a Deer in the headlights this season. This team struggles to even get a play call in. This offense doesn’t fit this team or this program. The playcalling at times is baffling. It took till game 4 to realize that the 5”7 QB shouldn’t start over the 6”3 QB that can throw the ball 50 yards down the field. With that being said,  Floyd Central is a program built on the running game. They can’t win any other way other than ground and pound. These kids struggle with pass concepts and have for 30 years. Glesing had it figured out. He went with a lot of mis-direction, motion, and some Wing-T concepts. What Coach Bragg is doing is not working. And it’s not going to work. It might get them wins over New Albany and Bedford but they’ll never beat anyone good with a Pro-Style offense. I respect that you coached over there and these are your friends and I’m not trying to make any of them look bad, I’m just calling it like it is. I’ve had almost 3 decades of looking at Floyd Central Athletics, I feel confident that I know what I’m talking about. Stop bringing up money. Just because I spend some money over there doesn’t mean I expect anyone over there to listen to my opinion. I’m just a fan and I’m just saying what I see.

Edited by Fkfootball
  • Like 1

My daughter’s senior year in college, in the conference tournament Coach made somewhat odd decision at the end of the game, that ended up working out, to be honest I don’t even remember what it was. After the game I ran into Coach, and he asked me “did I make the right decision?”  I just told him, you know Coach, I’m undefeated from the stands, I’m sure you made the right call. 

• Thanks 1
  • Kill me now 1

1 hour ago, Impartial_Observer said:

My daughter’s senior year in college, in the conference tournament Coach made somewhat odd decision at the end of the game, that ended up working out, to be honest I don’t even remember what it was. After the game I ran into Coach, and he asked me “did I make the right decision?”  I just told him, you know Coach, I’m undefeated from the stands, I’m sure you made the right call. 

Floyd Central might win 1 game this season. Jennings County. Any fan should be upset. 

Edited by Fkfootball

3 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Floyd Central might win 1 game this season. Jennings County. Any fan should be upset. 

And the sun will still come up tomorrow. The success or lack thereof of high school children playing a game neither upsets me or excites me. If course I don’t have a monetary stake in it either. 

9 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

And the sun will still come up tomorrow. The success or lack thereof of high school children playing a game neither upsets me or excites me. If course I don’t have a monetary stake in it either. 

And I understand that. I’m firmly behind the kids in this community. I cheer for them. I know a lot of them. I want this success for THEM. This isn’t about me being able to brag about their success. I have friends children on the team. So yeah, I’m disappointed when they lose. It isn’t because of personal gain on my end.

40 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

High school children? Where never met a high school child. 

6 hours ago, gonzoron said:

If they're all over 18 in Bloomington high schools, they should be winning  a lot more.

I shouldn't follow the dictionary it always gets me in trouble.... 

child
/CHīld/

noun
plural noun: children
  1. a young human being below the age of puberty or below the legal age of majority