Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

Most of NA's playmakers are seniors.  They have some speed.  Their line didn't open up huge holes, but just enough sunlight for the backs to slip through. They did a sufficient enough job against BNL's pass rush.  The WR's can get behind you, then when you give them a cushion, they could move the chains with short passes.  If the QB was more accurate, they could've scored more.

BNL had 4 trips in the red zone that resulted in a stuff at the half yd line, field goal, TD w/ missed PAT, and TD with successful PAT.  The Stars also had 1 long passing TD called back due to a holding penalty.

NA outplayed BNL, but the Stars didn't do themselves any favors with a lot of avoidable penalties.

On 9/13/2021 at 3:59 PM, boilerfan87 said:

Week 5 matchups

Bedford NL at Seymour 

Floyd Central at Jeffersonville

Madison at Jennings County

New Albany at Columbus East (I still really want to pick East here)

Bedford North Lawrence

Floyd Central

Madison

New Albany

Week 5 Predictions 

BNL (1-3, 1-1) at Seymour (1-2, 1-1): The Owls made history two weeks ago by snapping East’s 96 game HHC winning streak. However, COVID got in the way and caused them to take a week off. Has their momentum been ruined or can they build on the big win? The transitive property of inequality says if BNL is better than Jeffersonville and Jeffersonville is better than Seymour then BNL is better than Seymour. Seymour has a new QB, though, so that throws a wrench in things. Nevertheless, I’m taking BNL. I still remember how awful Seymour was the first two weeks of the season and I need to see more from them to be a believer.

Floyd Central (0-4, 0-0) at Jeffersonville (1-2, 1-1): The Highlanders are FINALLY playing a conference game. They’re going to be looking to avenge last year’s upset loss to the Red Devils in sectionals. I have to think Floyd Central is more than prepared for the HHC after playing four really tough non-conference games. Floyd Central is my pick.

Madison (2-2) at Jennings County (0-4): The Panthers are the first of three conference teams that get to face a Madison team no longer in the HHC. Say what you want about these two but the Railroad Rivalry is the second-closest rivalry (outside of Columbus East and Columbus North) involving an HHC team. Jennings County leads the overall series 30-27 and has won seven out of the last 11 games after things were tied up 23-23 in 2010. However, the Cubs can put up points and win games which is something Jennings County hasn’t shown they’re capable of. I have Madison winning by a lot.

New Albany (2-2, 2-0) at Columbus East (1-3, 1-1): If the Olympians want to extend their record of 17 straight HHC championships, they’re going to have to win out the rest of their conference games. A second loss would pretty much end the streak unless a miracle of Biblical proportions occurred. Meanwhile, the Bulldogs look like the best team in the conference. Unless the Seymour loss somehow rejuvenated East, I don’t see anyone competing with New Albany outside of maybe Floyd Central. New Albany gets the W.