Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

Floyd Central 20

Jeffersonville 13

Floyd Central finally gets off the mat. Great win over a rival. I’ve handed out plenty of criticism so I’ll hand out the praise. Feel good win for the players and the coaching staff. I’m happy for all of them including Coach Bragg who made a couple terrific calls in the 2nd half after a sloppy defensive slugfest. Floyds defense only gave up 7 pts. They were in the backfield the entire game. And they’ve been solid all season. But the Star of the game was Tristan Robertson. 3 TD passes and 2 of them were absolutely beautifully thrown balls. The kid is immensely talented. I’m just so happy for those kids. I really am. Tough trip up to East next week, I hope it’s another good game.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

If Floyd Central remains unscathed, the week 9 rivalry game with New Albany will be for the conference championship. We’ll see if they can get by BNL though. It’s possible we could have co or tri champions depending on what those three teams do.

Also, congratulations to Jennings County on scoring the HHC’s first non-conference win. That puts us 1-14 on the season 😂

I’m on record here ,BNL will not lose that game. 

25 minutes ago, TheMadness1 said:

Looks like NA is comfortably in the conference drivers seat after this weeks results.  While anything could happen, not sure on paper they taking two conference losses from here on to fall off the top stop.  

They always play horrible against Floyd Central, especially AT Floyd Central and a hostile crowd,  and I’m hoping like hell it happens again.  But this NA team has like 37 Seniors or something crazy and they’ve spent 4 years building this team. 

27 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

They won at Floyd Central 35-7 in the 2018 sectionals

That’s the worst Floyd Central team of the last 20 years. While this team is 1-4, they are nowhere near as bad as their record.

24 minutes ago, TheMadness1 said:

But I read on this thread that Floyd was not a god team this year.  I don’t know what to believe.  

They aren’t a really good team. But they aren’t a terrible team either. I didnt like them playing a brutal schedule but the argument for it was it would make them better. I’ve never been a huge fan on that sentiment but that might just be Crow I’ll have to munch on? We’ll see.

22 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

That’s the worst Floyd Central team of the last 20 years. While this team is 1-4, they are nowhere near as bad as their record.

2018 team record: 5-5

2015: 4-6

2004: 3-7

2012, 2007, 2005: 2-8

2006: 1-9

The 2018 team isn't even in the top 5 worst records over the last 20 years. Please visit John Harrell's site before spewing pure ignorance on easy to look up statistics. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, boilerfan87 said:

2018 team record: 5-5

2015: 4-6

2004: 3-7

2012, 2007, 2005: 2-8

2006: 1-9

The 2018 team isn't even in the top 5 worst records over the last 20 years. Please visit John Harrell's site before spewing pure ignorance on easy to look up statistics. 

Records never tell the whole story. I’ve been watching this game long enough to understand that.

• Haha 1

Just curious but what are all of the rivalries (intra-conference and non-conference) in the HHC? Here’s what I know:

Columbus East vs Columbus North 

Jennings County vs Madison

Jennings County vs Seymour

Seymour vs Brownstown Central

Floyd Central vs New Albany

Jeffersonville vs New Albany

Am I missing anything?

2 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Just curious but what are all of the rivalries (intra-conference and non-conference) in the HHC? Here’s what I know:

Columbus East vs Columbus North 

Jennings County vs Madison

Jennings County vs Seymour

Seymour vs Brownstown Central

Floyd Central vs New Albany

Jeffersonville vs New Albany

Am I missing anything?

Back in the day Seymour’s rivalries were JC and Columbus (North). Obviously Seymour didn’t play Brownstown for many years. East traditionally was never much of a rivalry, as they were non-conference. I can remember some of this battles, it was heated.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Back in the day Seymour’s rivalries were JC and Columbus (North). Obviously Seymour didn’t play Brownstown for many years. East traditionally was never much of a rivalry, as they were non-conference. I can remember some of this battles, it was heated.  

I guess East and Seymour have a soccer rivalry. They battle it out for the O Cup every year. I remember being in high school and the soccer players all saying how they hated Seymour. However, I think the cup itself is something that was recently added because I don’t remember it at all.

Edited by Frozen Tundra

As southend alluded to in a couple of posts ago, Bloom. North may be without their starting QB in Reece Lozano who went out with an ankle injury around mid-3rd qtr in their game with TH North. Lozano tried to walk it off but they ended up icing it down for the rest of the game and he was in a walking boot at the end of the game. There is no word early-on about his availability for the New Albany game.  Their backup QB, Cayden Riester, came in and played well, tossing a game-winning 62 yard TD pass very late in the 4th to pull the game out for the Cougars. His numbers for the quarter and a half he played were 5 of 13 passing for 102 yards, two TDs, 22 yards rushing on three carries, while throwing one pick. I have a feeling that the New Albany game will be a high scoring game since both teams have defenses that give up a lot of yards. That's just my opinion on the game.

I don’t think Floyd Central will beat East. I’d feel more confident if the game was in Wiegleb Stadium. I think we’ll have a good chance next season. Because quite frankly, even when we have a pretty good team, we just don’t play well vs them. I expect 3 fumbles in the 1st qtr of that game. Or we’ll have our whole O-line get hurt this week or something crazy like that. I still remember Kyle Bramble dominating them as a Junior and FCHS looked like they were going to be in good shape to win that game and a kid dive tackles him and he sprains his ankle. Last year, the leading WR in the state who was on fire, has a season ending practice injury 2 days before the game.

While we are definitely playing better, something will go wrong and East will win. It’s inevitable. It’s going to take a horrible, and I mean horrible East team, for us to get past them.