Floyd Central at Columbus East 

Jeffersonville at Silver Creek

Jennings County at Bedford NL

Bloomington North

Brownstown Central

Columbus East

Silver Creek

Bedford North Lawrence

Guess I need to make my picks. I'm too far behind at this point to catch up with Frozen, barring an epic collapse. I blame East for sending the HHC into an unpredictable tailspin 😁

Bloomington North at New Albany

Brownstown at Seymour

Floyd Central at Columbus East 

Jeffersonville at Silver Creek

Jennings County at Bedford NL

Week 5 Predictions

#10 Bloomington North (4-1) at New Albany (3-2): After starting the season 3-0, the Cougars took their annual L from Bloomington South before struggling to get the come-from-behind win against a weak Terre Haute North team last week. My gut says they’ll be better prepared this week as they face a talented Bulldogs team. Bloomington North feasts on the weak defense and gets the W.

#8 Brownstown Central (5-0) at Seymour (1-3): The Owls nearly pulled off the huge upset in last year’s Jackson Bowl but the Braves came into that game 4-1 while Seymour was 2-3. There seems to be more of a gap between the two teams going into this year’s game and I think Reed May will have his boys more prepared this time. Brownstown gets the win.

Floyd Central (1-4, 1-0 HHC) at Columbus East (1-4, 1-2 HHC): After the Seymour loss, I didn’t think East was capable of beating anyone in the HHC other than Jennings County. However, last week’s close game with New Albany leads me to believe they’ll get another win or two. While the Highlanders did get a win against Jeffersonville last week, it wasn’t easy. I may regret this but I’m going with my gut here. I’m taking my Olympians to pull out a win.

Jeffersonville (1-3) at Silver Creek (1-3): The Dragons beat Floyd Central 19-0 and Floyd Central beat the Red Devils 20-13 last week. I think you know where I’m going with this. Silver Creek is my pick.

Jennings County (1-4, 0-2 HHC) at BNL (2-3, 2-1 HHC): I don’t think I need to explain this one. I’m taking the Stars over the Panthers easily.

Well I haven’t really changed my East/Floyd Central analysis much. I’m still anticipating that East wins a close one. Floyd Centrals defense has played pretty well this season. And they have a nice QB/RB/WR trio with Robertson,Bernardi, and Branham. That’s going to be a good group going forward and I think they’ll play even better down the stretch.

Edited by Fkfootball

57 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

Well I haven’t really changed my East/Floyd Central analysis much. I’m still anticipating that East wins a close one. Floyd Centrals defense has played pretty well this season. And they have a nice QB/RB/WR trio with Robertson,Bernardi, and Branham. That’s going to be a good group going forward and I think they’ll play even better down the stretch.

Not saying anything too earth shattering but this game will come down to the passing game.  East has struggled mightily to cover receivers and has struggled to throw the ball.  East's running game is a plodding nature unless the QB breaks one.  East has been solid against the run.  So if East can't run effectively it will come down to how well the QB throws and how well East defends the pass.

4 hours ago, Fogertyputmein said:

Not saying anything too earth shattering but this game will come down to the passing game.  East has struggled mightily to cover receivers and has struggled to throw the ball.  East's running game is a plodding nature unless the QB breaks one.  East has been solid against the run.  So if East can't run effectively it will come down to how well the QB throws and how well East defends the pass.

Tristan Robertson has the talent to be a really good QB. He had 3 TD passes in the 2nd half last week.

Will that translate tonight? Who knows? He’s a Sophomore making his 3rd career start.

8 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

I’m here. Tons of East fans due to homecoming. Not many Floyd Central fans.

0DEAC7E7-F000-4225-B18C-A03FFBFA6932.jpeg

Why would there be? It’s a rebuilding team playing 60 miles away? 

Just now, Frozen Tundra said:

East and Floyd Central scoreless after the first quarter 

What I expected. Floyd is built around their defense which is older. They’re young on offense.

Just now, Frozen Tundra said:

After converting a 33 yard run on fourth and three on a fake punt, Floyd Central gets the 20 yard TD pass on the next play.

Floyd Central 7

Columbus East 0

6:40 until half

Good call by Bragg there. Like I said, they’ve looked better since they haven’t had to play powerhouse programs(not counting Silver Creek as one though.)