Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

27 minutes ago, Fogertyputmein said:

I agree good talent.  East had 32 seniors. Several college players and D1 athletes in other sports that also could have played football in college and also won 35-7 on your field. It is always more about the Jimmy’s and the Joe’s than the Xs and the Os.   Gaddis was a great coach but has always had a ton of talent. As you said earlier this is the least talented team East has had in a long time and as I have said before Gaddis knew that when he decided to retire. 

I like your squad. You guys will build something with the young talent you have.  

East won 35-7 because of coaching. And if Gaddis were still the Head Coach, they’d have beaten Seymour and New Albany.

2 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

I think so. Floyd graduated something like 3 D-1 recruits and a bunch of D-3 guys. Some have said that it was their most talented team since the 1998 team. They had the best QB in the conference. The best RB in the conference. The best WR in the conference. The best OT in the conference. The best C in the conference. The best DE in the conference.

If that team had been coached by Bob Gaddis, they wouldn’t have lost untill Semi-State. That’s my opinion. If anyone doesn’t like it, idc.

I think you’re confusing “better team” with “more talented team”. You can talk about coaching but you also have to look at the talent East had as a whole along with the depth and the size/strength of the players. With East, the whole was greater than the sum of its parts.

Edited by Frozen Tundra

13 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

I think you’re confusing “better team” with “more talented team”. You can talk about coaching but you also have to look at the talent East had as a whole along with the depth and the size/strength of the players. With East, the whole was greater than the sum of its parts.

That’s basically what I said. 😆. I didn’t say FC had the better team. I just felt they had a lot of talent. They should’ve played better vs East and Elder. Not even saying they should’ve won. But they should’ve been in those games. That’s just my own opinion.

Come to a Floyd Central game. It’s a great crowd and a great environment. Untill after Halftime. Half the crowd leaves after the Marching Band and Dazzlers have performed. They’re more worried about shooting off fireworks and selling T-Shirts then they are winning Football games. Thank Goodness we have a top tier basketball program. It’ll be a sad day when Todd Sturgeon decides to retire.

Edited by Fkfootball

5 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

That’s basically what I said. 😆. I didn’t say FC had the better team. I just felt they had a lot of talent. They should’ve played better vs East and Elder. Not even saying they should’ve won. But they should’ve been in those games. That’s just my own opinion.

Come to a Floyd Central game. It’s a great crowd and a great environment. Untill after Halftime. Half the crowd leaves after the Marching Band and Dazzlers have performed. They’re more worried about shooting off fireworks and selling T-Shirts then they are winning Football games. Thank Goodness we have a top tier basketball program. It’ll be a sad day when Todd Sturgeon decides to retire.

Top tier basketball program???

2 hours ago, SPARKS said:

I mean, it’s pretty good. Probably top 5 this season. One of the best coaches in the State. One of the biggest teams in the state starting with their 7 foot Center and their 2 6”6 Forwards. Going to be a really good year for those guys.

3 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

I mean, it’s pretty good. Probably top 5 this season. One of the best coaches in the State. One of the biggest teams in the state starting with their 7 foot Center and their 2 6”6 Forwards. Going to be a really good year for those guys.

A top tier team this year….OK.    A top tier program?  C’mon, man

5 hours ago, SPARKS said:

Have you not been paying attention?

Feeder system is legit, mostly really good coaches coaching those teams, Sturgeon takes a back seat to no one, and they've produced two D1 kids recently. 

Yeah.. a top tier basketball program. 

Outside of Bloom S, in the 812, there's no one that has a better one. 

49 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Make that “one of two dudes”…..

I love basketball more than any other sport but here I am on this site. Why? Because Columbus East basketball sucks and our gym sucks even worse. Hard to get excited for it but, thankfully, we’ve been blessed with football. Gives me another football team besides the Green Bay Packers to get excited for.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

I love basketball more than any other sport but here I am on this site. Why? Because Columbus East basketball sucks and our gym sucks even worse. Hard to get excited for it but, thankfully, we’ve been blessed with football. Gives me another football team besides the Green Bay Packers to get excited for.

Hey, another new floor this year! Should be about done, they were about done installing it a few weeks back when we were there. I would guess it’s finished by now. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Hey, another new floor this year! Should be about done, they were about done installing it a few weeks back when we were there. I would guess it’s finished by now. 

Yeah it’s done. I like it but I wonder how long before the gym floods again and we’ll have to replace it again.

I’m not really in the pick em. But I’ll do some analysis just for fun.

East vs Chatard. I really do think East is starting to figure it out. FC didn’t play terribly, outside of a couple bad passes in the Redzone. The East running game is getting better. I think Chatard wins this game but I expect that East will hang around in that game for a while.

Seymour vs Jennings County. JC is pretty much a win for everyone. 1 step forward, and 2 steps back. Seymour is an enigma. They can play well one week and not so well the week after. You never know with them? It’s been that way since Goodman left. Seymour here.

FC vs BNL. BNL fans probably feel like they should get this one. And I’d be obliged to agree if this game were up there. But FC seems to be getting better by the week, and the schedule softening helps as well. FC hasn’t won a game at home this season. Should be a good crowd on hand, and BNL has a very dangerous QB. However Robertson is the next QB star in this conference and I predict that him and WR Branham have big games. FC in a close one.

Game of the week. Jeffersonville vs New Albany. I’m picking Jeffersonville in an upset. New Albany loves to stub their toe. And Steve Cooley teams are known for it. They’re going to lose 1 more HHC game. Either this one, or against FC. I’m picking this one. Jeffersonvilles defense did a great job vs Silver Creek. I think Silver Creek is better than New Albany and Jeffersonville was able to beat them on the road. Jeffersonville in a close one.

And before any of my fans bust my chops, these are only “my opinions.” I don’t claim to be an all knowing expert or a Nostradamus of Football. Just throwing that out there.

Edited by Fkfootball
  • Like 2