Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

27 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Sorry, FT.  I wasn’t sure if I was going to make since I had out of town visitors but I ended up arriving just before the start.  

I tried to respond/post via my phone but couldn’t get onto the GID for some reason.  I’ve only now been able to from my IPad.  

When East had the long drive on their first possession, I thought it was going to be a tight game.  It seemed that all the air went out after the goal line interception and the following quick TD.  I like your QB.  The guy is fast and elusive.

Yeah we thought the same thing. Completely fell apart after that interception. I think you guys made some adjustments though. Oh well. It is what it is. Congrats on the win!

3 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Yeah we thought the same thing. Completely fell apart after that interception. I think you guys made some adjustments though. Oh well. It is what it is. Congrats on the win!

Hopefully the schools can keep this one on the schedule and the next time we’ll see both teams up to their traditional form.  

25 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Hopefully the schools can keep this one on the schedule and the next time we’ll see both teams up to their traditional form.  

Amen to that. Although, I’m not sure we’ll be able to rebound as quickly as we used to. Things have sort of trended in the wrong direction as far as incoming talent is concerned.

12 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Don’t worry man. Floyd Central is missing 17 players tonight. So I’m sure you’ll get your coveted win, that you guys haven’t had in several years.

Every win is coveted, just like an FC guy to have an inflated sense of self. 

The Stars didn’t play good. We ran into the same problem as we did against NA.  Red zone production. We got inside the 10 yd line, had to settle for 2 field goals.  Against NA we were there 4 times, resulted in 16 points (stopped on 1, FG, TD with missed PAT, TD with PAT). 

2 hours ago, LawrenceGreene said:

Every win is coveted, just like an FC guy to have an inflated sense of self. 

The Stars didn’t play good. We ran into the same problem as we did against NA.  Red zone production. We got inside the 10 yd line, had to settle for 2 field goals.  Against NA we were there 4 times, resulted in 16 points (stopped on 1, FG, TD with missed PAT, TD with PAT). 

Well, my inflated ego notwithstanding, I was proud of how Floyd Central played. I will give credit to Coach Bragg because he had his team ready from the opening kickoff. I don’t think BNL is a bad team, but Floyd Centrals defense is pretty damn good. They’ll bend a little bit but not break. Against East they broke a lot more than what they should have. Floyd Central coming in was probably one of the best 1-5 teams in the state. I mean they’ve lost 3 games to teams ranked top 10 in 6A Kentucky. I think they would have beaten Seymour had that game been played instead of Davies County. Our Offensive Line pretty much controlled the line of scrimmage. Robertson was efficient outside of 1 throw and we had 3 guys really run the ball well. I like the Loudon kid from BNL a lot, I think he’ll be a really good QB the next few years. I’m interested to see if we can hang with New Albany in 2 weeks.

Edited by Fkfootball

2 hours ago, boilerfan87 said:

This week's contests...

Columbus East at Jeffersonville 

Jennings County at Floyd Central 

Madison at Bedford NL

New Albany at Seymour 

I’m bored. I’ll do some capsules.

East at Jeffersonville: Similar to Floyd Central, another situation where East had to play a powerhouse, and now gets to come back to the friendlier HHC. Jeffersonville has some weapons. They beat a good Silver Creek team 2 weeks ago. But East is the better team. And should be able to score 30+ in this game.

Jennings County at Floyd Central: Should be the worst team FC has seen so far. Will be a good game for them to kind of work on certain things. Maybe try to get Bernardi going a little more at RB. I don’t think JC will move the ball much vs this defense. I do like Hayden, the QB from JC.

Madison at BNL: Should be the best game of this group. I like BNL to win at home. Their offense has potential if they can stay in sync. Madison isn’t as bad as they have been. They have some weapons on offense. Should be a good game.

New Albany at Seymour: For some reason, New Albany being upset up there wouldn’t suprise me. But this veteran New Albany team has answered the bell in conference all season. I think they’ll be able to get the W up there, setting up a real big showdown in the County next week.

17 hours ago, boilerfan87 said:

This week's contests...

Columbus East at Jeffersonville 

Jennings County at Floyd Central 

Madison at Bedford NL

New Albany at Seymour 

Columbus East

Floyd Central

Bedford North Lawrence

New Albany

Week 8 Predictions

Columbus East (2-5, 2-2 HHC) at Jeffersonville (2-4, 1-3 HHC): Knowing how bad the Olympians have played this year, I find myself constantly unsure of whether or not they can win. This is another instance of that. The Red Devils seem like they’re capable of winning this game but I guess I somehow trust them even less. East gets the win.

Jennings County (1-6, 0-4 HHC) at Floyd Central (2-5, 2-1 HHC): To put it mildly, the Panthers are awful. They’re giving up 47 points a game in conference play which is much worse than any other team. And despite having played one more HHC game than the Highlanders, Jennings County has scored the least points in the conference. This one is going to get bowling shoe ugly. Floyd Central’s passing game should light it up en route to a blowout win.

Madison (3-4) at BNL (3-4): I was quite surprised at the beginning of the season to see this game was still on the schedule. I figured the Cubs would only want to play Seymour and Jennings County after leaving the HHC. Maybe these teams couldn’t find a replacement. Regardless, if the Stars smashed Jennings County and Jennings County beat Madison then I feel Madison is going to suffer a similar fate against BNL. Stars by a landslide.

New Albany (4-3, 4-0 HHC) at Seymour (2-4, 2-2 HHC): Could this be a trap game? There’s the potential that the Bulldogs could be looking ahead to next week’s rivalry game and a shot at winning the outright HHC championship. The one hour bus ride north to play a Seymour team that also overcame a two possession deficit in the fourth quarter against Columbus East is nothing to overlook. The Owls may be capable of slicing up that New Albany defense like so many other teams have done this year. Nevertheless, I’m playing it safe and going with the experience and skill of New Albany. The Bulldogs get the W.

14 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

New Albany (4-3, 4-0 HHC) at Seymour (2-4, 2-2 HHC): Could this be a trap game? There’s the potential that the Bulldogs could be looking ahead to next week’s rivalry game and a shot at winning the outright HHC championship. The one hour bus ride north to play a Seymour team that also overcame a two possession deficit in the fourth quarter against Columbus East is nothing to overlook. The Owls may be capable of slicing up that New Albany defense like so many other teams have done this year. Nevertheless, I’m playing it safe and going with the experience and skill of New Albany. The Bulldogs get the W.

This would be the case if they win, correct? I was thinking about that and looked at the standings. Even if Floyd beats them next week, they'd be 5-1 in conference and Floyd would only be 4-1. So NA clinches if they beat Seymour. Right?

6 hours ago, boilerfan87 said:

This would be the case if they win, correct? I was thinking about that and looked at the standings. Even if Floyd beats them next week, they'd be 5-1 in conference and Floyd would only be 4-1. So NA clinches if they beat Seymour. Right?

If Floyd beats NA on the road, I’m calling Floyd the HHC champion. Lol.

6 hours ago, boilerfan87 said:

So I had heard the HHC won’t penalize Floyd Central from not getting to play seven conference games and would award them with a share of the conference title if them and New Albany finish the conference season with one loss each.

7 hours ago, boilerfan87 said:

As long as New Albany won tonight the worst they can do is share the HHC Title.. 

1 hour ago, Olympian06 said:

Tonight officially ends East’ conference title streak as New Albany officially becomes the HHC Champion. The only question is will it get shared or will New Albany win it outright. 

It was over as soon as Floyd Central won tonight. Even if New Albany had lost, it would’ve been two one-loss teams battling it out for the conference title next week.