Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

In case you guys missed it, here are all three sectional brackets involving HHC teams. Jennings County will be one and done. Columbus East COULD win but it isn’t likely. Therefore, for the purposes of this thread, all eyes will likely be on 5A sectional 16 during sectional championship week.

20855A7B-17B8-4918-A78E-5D397E2D75AF.jpeg

4912FA68-E022-4FDD-A082-4A3157118895.jpeg

AB01A7FA-9B0A-491C-801E-5B29C430138C.jpeg

Edited by Frozen Tundra

10 minutes ago, boilerfan87 said:

I think anyone could win sectional 16 and I wouldn't be surprised. It would also be good to see someone other than New Pal win 14. 

Yeah I think New Palestine is the favorite but I also think Whiteland is very capable of beating them. 

What’s sad though is how weak 5A south is. The two best teams are in sectional 13: Cathedral and Decatur Central. Regional and semi-state will be a cakewalk for the winner (a.k.a. Cathedral).

3 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Yeah I think New Palestine is the favorite but I also think Whiteland is very capable of beating them. 

What’s sad though is how weak 5A south is. The two best teams are in sectional 13: Cathedral and Decatur Central. Regional and semi-state will be a cakewalk for the winner (a.k.a. Cathedral).

And Cathedral beat DC 56-7 🥴. As you were saying, Cathedral will running clock everyone in the south, maybe even in the state championship. 

46 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

The problem is, usually the first year they get bumped they have just lost a ton of players due to graduation. This will be no difference, this team I believe will lose a ton after this year..  Very good team this year tho. 

They’ll be fine. They did much better in 6A than East did.

8 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

I think it is. But if FC won the sectional they would guarantee themselves a road game in the Regional.

I went and pulled up the rules and Frozen Tundra is correct. And by these rules, FC would be on the road in any Championship scenario.

Determining Home Team
First Round: The second-named team in the blind draw is host school unless the two teams agree to switch the site.
Semifinals: The team without a home game will host. Exception: The bye team will always be the visitor. If both teams were hosts or both were visitors, the second-named team in the quarter bracket will host. In 6A & 5A, in the four team sectionals, the second-named team will host.
Championships: Host team will be the team that has played the most away games. If both teams have played the same number of away games, the bottom bracket team shall host.

Edited by Fkfootball

2 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

I went and pulled up the rules and Frozen Tundra is correct. And by these rules, FC would be on the road in any Championship scenario.

Determining Home Team
First Round: The second-named team in the blind draw is host school unless the two teams agree to switch the site.
Semifinals: The team without a home game will host. Exception: The bye team will always be the visitor. If both teams were hosts or both were visitors, the second-named team in the quarter bracket will host. In 6A & 5A, in the four team sectionals, the second-named team will host.
Championships: Host team will be the team that has played the most away games. If both teams have played the same number of away games, the bottom bracket team shall host.

That’s not how I’m reading it. Looks to me like Floyd Central would be the home team in the championship game if BNL beats Seymour. If both make it to the championship game then neither team will have been on the road up until that point. Since they would have played the same number of away games (zero), Floyd Central would be the host because they’d be the bottom team in the bracket.

15 hours ago, LawrenceGreene said:

Does the draw affect the way NA or FC approaches Friday night's game?  Do you keep the play calling conservative, or do you pull out all the stops, run the Annexation of Puerto Rico, to get the win?

NA doesn’t play. But I’m guessing FC will probably take it 1 game at a time. Last year they walked in expecting to breeze through Jeffersonville and they got hit in the face. Jeffersonville is going to play hard. As is the other HHC teams in here. You’re not showing up in this Sectional and just winning. All of these teams are close enough that it’s going to be about who can grind out wins and make winning plays in the 4th.

Week 9 Predictions

BNL (4-4, 3-2 HHC) at Columbus East (3-5, 3-2 HHC): I would’ve picked a different winner three weeks ago. The Stars are definitely capable of coming in and getting a win but the loss to Floyd Central turned me off to them. The Olympians have improved a little since the beginning of the season. Not a whole lot like they usually do but I can see it. East gets the win.

Floyd Central (3-5, 3-1 HHC) at New Albany (5-3, 5-0 HHC): The Highlanders have the pieces to pull off an upset in this rivalry/HHC championship game. It probably will be closer than most expect. Nevertheless, I still like the talent and experience the Bulldogs bring to the table. This is their year to win the HHC and they knew it before the season even began. They’re not sharing it either. New Albany gets the W.

Jennings County (1-7, 0-5 HHC) at Jeffersonville (2-5, 1-4 HHC): It’s going to be another long night for the Panthers. The Red Devils could use this game as a confidence boost going into sectionals. Jeff is my pick.

Seymour (2-5) at Madison (3-5): South Dearborn beat the Owls by 30 in week 1 before losing by three to the Cubs in week 2. That was nearly two months ago, though, and plenty has changed since then. For example, Seymour beat Jennings County by 21 in week 7 and Madison lost to the Panthers by four in week 5. I’m going by the “What have you done for me lately?” principle and Seymour has done a lot more than Madison has recently. Seymour is my pick.