Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

1 hour ago, boilerfan87 said:

I said this last week but I was wrong. Last pick of the year? 

New Albany at Cathedral

1000000000000% last pick of the year.. 

Cathedral by 42! 

Also, a big congrats to New Albany. Haven’t had a team from the HHC go this far in a long time (outside of East). Congrats on a great year. 

Edited by Olympian06

9 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

1000000000000% last pick of the year.. 

Cathedral by 42! 

Also, a big congrats to New Albany. Haven’t had a team from the HHC go this far in a long time (outside of East). Congrats on a great year. 

Agreed. Hats off to Coach Cooley & Co. 

But you pose a good question. Who has made it that far besides East? Seymour in 99 (who also lost to Cathedral in Semi State)? That's it, it would appear. That would make NA just the 2nd team besides East to advance that far. 

But yes, give me Cathedral this weekend. 

13 hours ago, boilerfan87 said:

But you pose a good question. Who has made it that far besides East? Seymour in 99 (who also lost to Cathedral in Semi State)? That's it, it would appear. That would make NA just the 2nd team besides East to advance that far. 

Seymour went to state  in early 90s rb name Michael Batts. I believe he is a comedian on the west coast nowadays .  http://www.almanacsports.com/football/schedule.php?team=SEY&season=1991

Edited by MuleDriver
Add link

8 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

Seymour went to state  in early 90s rb name Michael Batts. I believe he is a comedian on the west coast nowadays .  http://www.almanacsports.com/football/schedule.php?team=SEY&season=1991

Seymour hasn't been to the Regionals/Semi-State since before @Donnie Bakerstarted the Pork Pistols. Coach Goodman was a solid coach with the Owls. I believe it was 1991 when the Owls went to State and lost to Hobart.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/16/2021 at 7:35 AM, boilerfan87 said:

Agree hats off to Coach Cooley and his staff. Good to see him have some success after being in a couple of less than ideal situations. 

• Like 1

Week 14 Predictions

New Albany (9-3) at #1 Cathedral (12-1): I usually wait until Thursday or Friday to make my picks just in case COVID rears its ugly head and causes a key player or two to miss the game. However, I don’t think even COVID could change the result of this game. No disrespect to the Bulldogs but they just haven’t played this level of competition outside of Columbus East in a long, long time if ever. I think the goal should be to see how long they can play without having a deficit that requires a running clock. Unfortunately, I think they’ll trail by 35+ by halftime. The Fighting Irish are just too good. It’ll be interesting to see the total yardage in this game. Cathedral wins.

Appears to be a great run by New Albany! Cathedral is a different type of team. I believe they go up to 6A for next 2 years and with their success might stay there for a long while. How does New Albany's roster look? Do they have the rooster coming back to make another run at it next year? Any updates in the conference that make us think another HHC team could be in that position in 2022?

52 minutes ago, RetiredCoach91 said:

Appears to be a great run by New Albany! Cathedral is a different type of team. I believe they go up to 6A for next 2 years and with their success might stay there for a long while. How does New Albany's roster look? Do they have the rooster coming back to make another run at it next year? Any updates in the conference that make us think another HHC team could be in that position in 2022?

New Albany will graduate a ton this year.. CE and Seymour will probably be your two best teams in the HHC with Floyd in the mix. East vastly improved as the year went on and returns a ton of kids that played this year. 

As for next year, We will have to wait and see how the sectionals line up, because I believe New Pal goes back to 4A. East could win a sectional next year depending on what the sectionals look like. 

Cathedral has already been to 6A once, and were brought back down to 5A after their 2 years in it… Again, it will depend on what sectional they get put into. 

Edited by Olympian06
  • Thanks 1

Major Columbus East streaks that were snapped this year (per CE Football Stats on Twitter):

- 17 straight conference titles (2004-2020)

- 14 straight outright conference titles (2007-2020)

- 96 straight conference wins (last loss: at BNL on 10/13/06)

- 107 straight wins against conference opponents (last loss: at BNL on 10/13/06)

- 60 straight conference home wins (last loss: vs Floyd Central on 9/26/03)

- 55 straight home wins against conference opponents (last loss: vs Seymour on 10/21/05)

- 47 straight conference road wins (last loss: at BNL on 10/13/06)

- 55 straight road wins against conference opponents (last loss: at BNL on 10/13/06)

- 18 straight conference opening wins (last loss: vs Seymour on 9/6/02)

- 8 straight conference opening road wins (last loss at Seymour on 8/31/01)

- 18 straight wins against Seymour (last loss: at home on 10/21/05)

- 10 straight road wins against Seymour (last loss: 8/31/01)

- 19 straight wins against New Albany (last loss: at New Albany on 9/20/02)

- 10 straight home wins against New Albany (last loss: 9/18/98)

- 12 straight wins against 4A teams (last loss: at New Palestine on 11/21/14)

- 6 straight road wins at 4A teams (last loss: at New Palestine on 11/21/14)

- 36 straight road wins at 5A teams (last loss: at Columbus North on 8/27/10)

- 11 straight 5A tournament road wins (last loss: at Terre Haute North on 10/21/88)

- 6 straight 5A sectional opening wins (last loss: at Terre Haute North on 10/21/88)

- 16 straight sectional opening road wins (last loss: at Bloomington North on 10/23/98)

- 9 straight 5A sectional wins (last loss: vs New Palestine on 11/6/15)

- 5 straight sectional semifinal road wins (last loss: at Whiteland on 10/26/01)

23 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

New Albany will graduate a ton this year.. CE and Seymour will probably be your two best teams in the HHC with Floyd in the mix. East vastly improved as the year went on and returns a ton of kids that played this year. 

As for next year, We will have to wait and see how the sectionals line up, because I believe New Pal goes back to 4A. East could win a sectional next year depending on what the sectionals look like. 

Cathedral has already been to 6A once, and were brought back down to 5A after their 2 years in it… Again, it will depend on what sectional they get put into. 

I’m back again. Sorry, I’m a football addict. I agree with a lot of this. I kind of expect East to be the best team. Just going off of history. Seymour was pretty good too. We didn’t get to play them so I don’t really know much about their roster makeup. Floyd Central should be pretty stout offensively. Robertson is back at QB for 2 more years. Bernardi has 2 more years. Grant Popp who would’ve started at RB, will be healthy. Their top WRs Branham, Grainger, and Fonda will be back. 3 starting OL are back. Defensively they’ll have some attrition. They lost Harvey, Jenkins, Ripley, Jacobi. Some good guys in their front 7. I’m thinking they have about 6 starters back on defense? Something like that. Their K/P Grainger will be back too. They should be better. BNL should be good too. Their QB is a Sophomore and he was good this year.

21 hours ago, RetiredCoach91 said:

Is Jeffersonville now looking for a new coach? Listed on JH http://scoreboard.homestead.com/football/coachingchanges.htm#loaded 

Any news or information on this situation? 

Any news out of Jennings County Coaching Search? 

Trying to learn more about the Southern part of the state's football schools!

I saw that on JH, too. I have not heard anything, nor seen it from any source down here. JH did accidently put Jeff on that list last year. You couldn't blame Coach Parker. He is a full time Jeffersonville police officer (maybe a higher ranked guy?). I'm sure that was a tough thing to balance. He has done a nice job with bringing discipline to the program. 

I know nothing on the JC search.