Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

On 12/7/2021 at 2:46 PM, RetiredCoach91 said:

Whats the offseason look like for the conference teams? Saw online some teams around the state doing open workouts this time of year. Any conference teams have winter practices going? 

I saw that Floyd Central had some guys make the team. So it’s been announced. Haven’t heard anything about Winter Practices.

On 12/7/2021 at 2:46 PM, RetiredCoach91 said:

Whats the offseason look like for the conference teams? Saw online some teams around the state doing open workouts this time of year. Any conference teams have winter practices going? 

I believe limited contact period has/will begin around this time of December. I would guess most teams in the state are beginning in school out of season limited contact sessions. 

Unless you’ve been living under a rock over the past 24 hours, I’m sure you’ve heard the news about the Metropolitan Interscholastic Conference voting out Carmel and Center Grove and the two schools pitching to join the Hoosier Crossroads Conference. Without rehashing a topic we’ve repeatedly beat a dead horse over, I simply ask whether this big move will cause ripple effects throughout the state in regards to conference affiliation. While the situation is still very much fresh and fluid, I could personally see a domino effect happening that would affect the HHC. Admittedly, I’m not privy to any inside information but I would like to think there is some validity to my speculation. What do you guys think?

4 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Unless you’ve been living under a rock over the past 24 hours, I’m sure you’ve heard the news about the Metropolitan Interscholastic Conference voting out Carmel and Center Grove and the two schools pitching to join the Hoosier Crossroads Conference. Without rehashing a topic we’ve repeatedly beat a dead horse over, I simply ask whether this big move will cause ripple effects throughout the state in regards to conference affiliation. While the situation is still very much fresh and fluid, I could personally see a domino effect happening that would affect the HHC. Admittedly, I’m not privy to any inside information but I would like to think there is some validity to my speculation. What do you guys think?

Potentially. I’m privy to some info I can’t share. I can say a good friend of mine who’s an Indy area AD says there’s all kinds of proposals flying around. 
I think taking the haves out of the HCC and the MIC and going their way, the have nots do the same thing and go their separate way makes a lot of sense.

There has been bit of a power shift going on, it’s moving from the townships to the suburbs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Potentially. I’m privy to some info I can’t share. I can say a good friend of mine who’s an Indy area AD says there’s all kinds of proposals flying around. 
I think taking the haves out of the HCC and the MIC and going their way, the have nots do the same thing and go their separate way makes a lot of sense.

There has been bit of a power shift going on, it’s moving from the townships to the suburbs. 

You are exactly right. Maybe I was blind to it before but I really started feeling the shift about three years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting schedule change , John harrell has Seymour hosting bloomingtin south week 9 2022. These two haven't payed since they were both members of the s.c.c back in early 90s.  Bhss also travels to nahs week 1. I'm sure hoping our starting qb and rb don't have to sit again vs Na week 1. ......... unsure the future of conference indiana but I wouldn't mind seeing bhss join the hhc. I don't think it will happen . I think bhss would join the mid state before anything else. But have heard the mid state  is picky about its member schools....

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

Interesting schedule change , John harrell has Seymour hosting bloomingtin south week 9 2022. These two haven't payed since they were both members of the s.c.c back in early 90s.  Bhss also travels to nahs week 1. I'm sure hoping our starting qb and rb don't have to sit again vs Na week 1. ......... unsure the future of conference indiana but I wouldn't mind seeing bhss join the hhc. I don't think it will happen . I think bhss would join the mid state before anything else. But have heard the mid state  is picky about its member schools....

Isn’t week 8 and or 9 traditionally crossover weeks for CI and CCC? I know BHSS has seemed less than eager to play some of these games, cancelling the Roncalli 4 year contract after the first year, only to have to pick them back up when they both had open dates. Then of course the Covid hit. 

So my question is if BHSS has picked up Seymour for week 9, what does this mean for the crossover games? Seemed like a great idea with competitive games even though CCC is typically smaller schools. 

5 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Isn’t week 8 and or 9 traditionally crossover weeks for CI and CCC? I know BHSS has seemed less than eager to play some of these games, cancelling the Roncalli 4 year contract after the first year, only to have to pick them back up when they both had open dates. Then of course the Covid hit. 

So my question is if BHSS has picked up Seymour for week 9, what does this mean for the crossover games? Seemed like a great idea with competitive games even though CCC is typically smaller schools. 

Bhss beat roncalli I believe the only year they played.  I'll check but bhss lost badly to chatard all three times.  I'm guessing chatard wanted some stiffer competition. 

22 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

Bhss beat roncalli I believe the only year they played.  I'll check but bhss lost badly to chatard all three times.  I'm guessing chatard wanted some stiffer competition. 

Roncalli and BHSS played in 18, first year of the contract. BHSS won, and promptly cancelled the contract. BHSS picked up Edgewood, and Roncalli picked up an Ohio school in 19. In 20 neither team could find a decent game and the elected to play a one time deal. However Covid cause BHSS to not only miss the Roncalli game, but also Chatard. I believe Chatard is the only team in the CCC that BHSS has played consistently. 

The season is still nine weeks long, BHSS is still missing the week 8 game for 22. Roncalli has Elder, I believe this is the second year of a four year deal. I would guess based on past experience they will either play someone really good or really bad. I know there weren’t a lot of options for week 8 in 2020. 

11 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

The season is still nine weeks long, BHSS is still missing the week 8 game for 22. Roncalli has Elder, I believe this is the second year of a four year deal. I would guess based on past experience they will either play someone really good or really bad. I know there weren’t a lot of options for week 8 in 2020. 

I remember what happened. Bhss scheduled Hammond Morton this past off season for a 2 year home and away series  , Morton canceled because covid this season , looks like Maybe bhss could be canceling the 2nd year of the contract. 

Other schedule changes thus far:

- Jennings County will open the season at South Dearborn. The Panthers opened with a neutral site game against Norwell this year. They’re trading one Knights team for another.

- Seymour, who had opened with South Dearborn the last four years, will now open the 2022 season at Greenwood.

- Seymour will also have a change in week 9. After Madison every year since 1997, the Owls will now host Bloomington South (as mentioned by @MuleDriver)

- Not really a schedule change but Jeffersonville will be playing at Bell County (KY) in week 1. Jeff was supposed to host them this year in week 1 but COVID kept it from happening.

BNL, Floyd Central, and New Albany’s schedules are listed as incomplete on John Harrell’s website. Here’s what we do know:

- BNL still has Martinsville and Bloomington North as their opponents for weeks 1 and 2. Madison is still their week 8 opponent.

- Floyd Central doesn’t have any non-conference opponents listed yet but I believe @Fkfootball had mentioned at the beginning of this past season who the Highlanders will be playing.

- New Albany will still play Bloomington South in week 1 and Bloomington North in week 6. No opponent listed yet for week 2 but that was Gibson Southern this past season.

1 hour ago, Frozen Tundra said:

- Jennings County will open the season at South Dearborn. The Panthers opened with a neutral site game against Norwell this year. They’re trading one Knights team for another.

- Seymour, who had opened with South Dearborn the last four years, will now open the 2022 season at Greenwood.

- Seymour will also have a change in week 9. After Madison every year since 1997, the Owls will now host Bloomington South (as mentioned by @MuleDriver)

- Not really a schedule change but Jeffersonville will be playing at Bell County (KY) in week 1. Jeff was supposed to host them this year in week 1 but COVID kept it from happening.

BNL, Floyd Central, and New Albany’s schedules are listed as incomplete on John Harrell’s website. Here’s what we do know:

- BNL still has Martinsville and Bloomington North as their opponents for weeks 1 and 2. Madison is still their week 8 opponent.

- Floyd Central doesn’t have any non-conference opponents listed yet but I believe @Fkfootball had mentioned at the beginning of this past season who the Highlanders will be playing.

- New Albany will still play Bloomington South in week 1 and Bloomington North in week 6. No opponent listed yet for week 2 but that was Gibson Southern this past season.

Thru the miracle of conference realignments and other scheduling changes, I will finally get to see Louisville Male that I’ve heard so much about in 2022. 

• Haha 1
  • Kill me now 1

4 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Looks like Columbus East vs Indianapolis Chatard was just a one year thing. East has Bloomington North back on the schedule for the first time since 2017. Sorry @Lysander

F84D0202-D988-43BB-AE14-A03AFEF4A047.jpeg

Total bummer.  I was really looking forward to going to East.  

The last time I was there was at a track Invitational in HS….just after the glaciers receded.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

I'm just glad we had such a strong showing last year against Chatard... 🥴

It’s funny how quick cycles can turn.  I recall Chatard playing Dwenger in 2012 and the game went down very much like the Chatard/Columbus East game this Fall.  The Dwenger faithful were lamenting that it was over for Dwenger and they would never be good again.

The very next year in 2013 they played within a point of an Olympian team in the State game.  An Olympian team that I considered one of the best 5 teams in the State (All Classes).  

I was expecting East to be back to form next Fall and looked forward to seeing it.  

Add that I have some real memories from my last visit there…it was the first time I broke 2:00 and I passed out after getting out-leaned at the finish line.  The next day I had to take the SAT on about 2 hours sleep.  Curious what it would look like all these years later.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2021 at 12:12 PM, Frozen Tundra said:

Floyd Central plays Louisville Male for one more season and then switches to St Xavier, who just won the 6A Championship in Kentucky and finished ranked #1. As you guys know, I’m not a huge fan of this. I respect them for scheduling these teams, I just wish they’d beat Columbus East a few times first before scheduling the best teams in the Midwest, but hopefully it will make them better.

It appears we will continue to play Silver Creek as well.

Edited by Fkfootball
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Floyd Central plays Louisville Male for one more season and then switches to St Xavier, who just won the 6A Championship in Kentucky and finished ranked #1. As you guys know, I’m not a huge fan of this. I respect them for scheduling these teams, I just wish they’d beat Columbus East a few times first before scheduling the best teams in the Midwest, but hopefully it will make them better.

It appears we will continue to play Silver Creek as well.

Any idea who the week 2 opponent will be?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2021 at 12:12 PM, Frozen Tundra said:

New Albany’s non-conference schedule is now complete on John Harrell’s website. The Bulldogs will once again play Gibson Southern in week 2. Floyd Central is the only team in the conference that doesn’t have its non-conference opponents listed.

• Like 1