Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

I’ve always thought Brian Glesing would be a great guy for a program like JC. Unfortunately he’s moved around a lot since leaving FC. But they need a good fundamentals, ground and pound, type of football coach. Spreading the offense out and trying to create a passing attack will never work at JC. They need to take advantage of the size they have there. I remember talking to a guy who ran a lineman camp years ago, that said the Floyd Central OL were some of the most well coached lineman he’d ever seen. But they were undersized. Unfortunately our kids eat Salads and Sushi. Lol. JC needs to find a coach that can teach those JC lineman how to fundamentally run block. They need to run the Power-I.

Edited by Fkfootball

7 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

I’ve always thought Brian Glesing would be a great guy for a program like JC. Unfortunately he’s moved around a lot since leaving FC. But they need a good fundamentals, ground and pound, type of football coach. Spreading the offense out and trying to create a passing attack will never work at JC. They need to take advantage of the size they have there. I remember talking to a guy who ran a lineman camp years ago, that said the Floyd Central OL were some of the most well coached lineman he’d ever seen. But they were undersized. Unfortunately our kids eat Salads and Sushi. Lol. JC needs to find a coach that can teach those JC lineman how to fundamentally run block. They need to run the Power-I.

They did that when Coach Beuning was there and still didn't have much success. He has gone on to win a state championship and had multiple deep playoff runs since then so it wasn't a lack of head coaching while he was there, maybe a lack of assistant help.

Jennings County is definitely different since he was there. They have made some major upgrades. What they really need is somebody who is going to be there for the long haul. I don't think they need to hire a guy who is wanting to have a few successful seasons and turn it into another job. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Old Man High Pants said:

They did that when Coach Beuning was there and still didn't have much success. He has gone on to win a state championship and had multiple deep playoff runs since then so it wasn't a lack of head coaching while he was there, maybe a lack of assistant help.

Jennings County is definitely different since he was there. They have made some major upgrades. What they really need is somebody who is going to be there for the long haul. I don't think they need to hire a guy who is wanting to have a few successful seasons and turn it into another job. 

Exactly. Plus, it helps to have a coach that is committed. Not just with the high school team but also with building up the youth programs so that the kids have the experience and fundamentals they need to be ready by high school.

Also, politics have been an issue in the past but I think those days are over now with the new AD and superintendent.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Have you been talking to the “experts” in Seymour?

I’m not sure what you mean?

15 hours ago, Old Man High Pants said:

This is true, but he wasn’t there long enough. You don’t turn around a program like that in 2-3 years. It starts in the youth system. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

I’m not sure what you mean?

This is true, but he wasn’t there long enough. You don’t turn around a program like that in 2-3 years. It starts in the youth system. 

Aside from a couple of parochial powers, running the CYO Toss, I can’t remember the last time I saw Power I, the 80’s maybe? 

I’m not sure of the MS program of late, but thru the years, JC HC changes didn’t necessarily mean youth/MS coaching changes. I’m not sure the HC has any control over the youth program. I think there are some good guys there doing the best they can, I think they could use some coaching and some new blood. Year in and year out over the last probably 8-10 years, hands down the best youth teams in the conference are Madison. They are well coached, disciplined, and the play hard. And they don’t do anything the HS does, they run single wing, and they run it well. It makes zero sense to me. 

16 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Buening was smart to get out of there. He knew he didn’t have the support he needed.

9 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I’m not sure of the MS program of late, but thru the years, JC HC changes didn’t necessarily mean youth/MS coaching changes. I’m not sure the HC has any control over the youth program. I think there are some good guys there doing the best they can, I think they could use some coaching and some new blood. 

Justun Sharp was trying to build up Jennings County football at the youth level but, obviously, he didn’t last long enough to really make a difference. I know the boys basketball coach, Josh Land, has input in the youth basketball program though. Probably just need someone with tenure that is motivated to make it work with football.

On 2/6/2022 at 3:40 AM, Impartial_Observer said:

Aside from a couple of parochial powers, running the CYO Toss, I can’t remember the last time I saw Power I, the 80’s maybe? 

I’m not sure of the MS program of late, but thru the years, JC HC changes didn’t necessarily mean youth/MS coaching changes. I’m not sure the HC has any control over the youth program. I think there are some good guys there doing the best they can, I think they could use some coaching and some new blood. Year in and year out over the last probably 8-10 years, hands down the best youth teams in the conference are Madison. They are well coached, disciplined, and the play hard. And they don’t do anything the HS does, they run single wing, and they run it well. It makes zero sense to me. 

I should elaborate. I don’t mean the 3 RB, 2 TE style of football. I just meant, an offense that is geared more towards running the ball between the tackles. Maybe the Wing-T, although that offense has many variations of running plays. I just want to see them do well. I am supportive of every team in the HHC getting better. I like watching games where if you win the game, it’s a good win.

• 2 months later...

Jennings County listed on IHSAA Job Postings again, with 4/28 date stamp. So I would guess the out of state coach backed out again. Feel for the kids, having a coach back out twice before ever getting to campus. Maybe they have other candidates they interviewed that may still be interested. 

1 hour ago, RetiredCoach91 said:

Jennings County listed on IHSAA Job Postings again, with 4/28 date stamp. So I would guess the out of state coach backed out again. Feel for the kids, having a coach back out twice before ever getting to campus. Maybe they have other candidates they interviewed that may still be interested. 

True Story Behind the 2016 Election Dumpster Fire GIF

I feel for those kids. From what I have rad they had a solid coach in Sharp before he had to step away. Then had a hometown guy as interim and they didnt bring him back. Now the fiasco with this out of state fellow. What a mess for those kids and those parents. This can only hurt their already struggling situation. 

6 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Completely understandable, see my comments earlier in the thread. 

10 hours ago, Old Man High Pants said:

Would last year's interim have any interest? At this point he'd be the guy I would turn to.

And to add insult to injury, the previous head coach (Justun Sharp) took a defensive coordinator position at Guerin Catholic for next year. He’s the guy who quit coaching Jennings County after two years because of his young daughter’s health. 

Granted, Sharp was taking his daughter to her appointments in Indy and I believe he and his family just moved back up there. So while it makes sense for him to take the job given the circumstances, it was still seen as a slap in the face by some folks around here.

9 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

And to add insult to injury, the previous head coach (Justun Sharp) took a defensive coordinator position at Guerin Catholic for next year. He’s the guy who quit coaching Jennings County after two years because of his young daughter’s health. 

Granted, Sharp was taking his daughter to her appointments in Indy and I believe he and his family just moved back up there. So while it makes sense for him to take the job given the circumstances, it was still seen as a slap in the face by some folks around here.

Not sure how that can be seen by them as a slap in the face?

A father trying to build a historically bad program and driving 2 hours to get his daughter to the doctors she needs decides to take a lesser role at a program that's practically in the city his daughter's doctors are in, sounds like a guy being a good dad.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2022 at 10:46 AM, RetiredCoach91 said:

I feel for those kids. From what I have rad they had a solid coach in Sharp before he had to step away. Then had a hometown guy as interim and they didnt bring him back. Now the fiasco with this out of state fellow. What a mess for those kids and those parents. This can only hurt their already struggling situation. 

Thanks for the unfortunate update on the situation. I met Nic 20 or so years ago when he was at Oakland City Wood Memorial. I knew he had previously been at Ev Memorial and Ky Wesleyan. So it’s hard for me to consider him an ‘out of state’ guy. I didn’t know he had been working out of state the last few decades. 

This sounds like a bad situation and I feel bad for the players and JC administration.

5 hours ago, Old Man High Pants said:

Not sure how that can be seen by them as a slap in the face?

A father trying to build a historically bad program and driving 2 hours to get his daughter to the doctors she needs decides to take a lesser role at a program that's practically in the city his daughter's doctors are in, sounds like a guy being a good dad.

Because the feeling is that if he doesn’t have the time and ability to coach at Jennings County then he shouldn’t have the time and ability to coach elsewhere. Basically, I think the real issue at the root of the problem is that people here are burnt out from having so many different football coaches. This will be the sixth different football coach in 11 seasons and the indecision of Vasilchek only exacerbated it.

• Like 1