Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

12 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

This isn’t personal. Are there not any other HHC fans on here that can come and discuss their team too? These HHC threads basically become Columbus East threads. Yes, I know they are great, and they always run the table, but I would love to hear about BNL, Seymour, New Albany sometime.

I'm from Seymour, and have contact with several HHC teams doing lower level games throughout the year. I'm really hit or miss on seeing HHC V games over the course of a season. Last year for instance I saw one team. This year I will see three. 2020-2, 2021-2, 2022-0, 2023-0, but I have a couple of open dates. 24 and 25 I have 0 but a lot of open dates. I was a HC in the HHC, so I'm a little more in the know than the average fan. I'm not an HHC fan as you say, but I do get around and see some things. I've been on this forum since the beginning, and from my observations there are VERY few people who continue to post and follow as the years roll on. What you typically see is a program bursts onto the scene and suddenly they've got a bunch of fans/parents posting, the program fades, or their kid graduates and the interest wanes and they disappear. For instance in the late 90's when Seymour was enjoying a little more success there were several posters from Seymour. While East was in the doldrums at the end of the Stafford years, you didn't see any posters from East. Anyone remember the Horde? Large group from Heritage Hills, etc. 

I will say with regards to the HHC, we've never really seen any numbers from Jeff, Madison, NA I believe have had a handful of parents, you're the only poster I recall from FC, and JC has had a couple former players post. 

If it's any consolation, the Jeff/NA people used to dominate the BB forums, I haven't looked at one in a long time. 

2 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I'm from Seymour, and have contact with several HHC teams doing lower level games throughout the year. I'm really hit or miss on seeing HHC V games over the course of a season. Last year for instance I saw one team. This year I will see three. 2020-2, 2021-2, 2022-0, 2023-0, but I have a couple of open dates. 24 and 25 I have 0 but a lot of open dates. I was a HC in the HHC, so I'm a little more in the know than the average fan. I'm not an HHC fan as you say, but I do get around and see some things. I've been on this forum since the beginning, and from my observations there are VERY few people who continue to post and follow as the years roll on. What you typically see is a program bursts onto the scene and suddenly they've got a bunch of fans/parents posting, the program fades, or their kid graduates and the interest wanes and they disappear. For instance in the late 90's when Seymour was enjoying a little more success there were several posters from Seymour. While East was in the doldrums at the end of the Stafford years, you didn't see any posters from East. Anyone remember the Horde? Large group from Heritage Hills, etc. 

I will say with regards to the HHC, we've never really seen any numbers from Jeff, Madison, NA I believe have had a handful of parents, you're the only poster I recall from FC, and JC has had a couple former players post. 

If it's any consolation, the Jeff/NA people used to dominate the BB forums, I haven't looked at one in a long time. 

It isn’t a shot at East or anything. Great program, and I appreciate their fans on here. I just wish we could get more discussion about some of these teams. I’m just a football fan and I enjoy watching all these schools.

Edited by Fkfootball

• 3 weeks later...

2019 Predictions 

1. East is head & shoulders above everyone else, last year a few teams missed their chances. I think they will surprise some 6A teams come sectional time.  Gaddis always has his kids playing at peak performance come sectional time 

2. Weber is starting to build a solid program at BNL.  Not extremely deep this season with a small junior class but has 19 seniors and the sophomore & freshman classes both look good. 

3. BNL, FC, New Albany & Jeffersonville hopefully all think they can win a sectional title this year and that’s good for the competitive balance of the conference. 

4. Seymour will continue to improve 

5. JC & Madison will continue to struggle 

6. Some FC fan in forum land will have himself convinced they are one of the top teams in southern Indiana. 😃

Truthfully I have a lot of fun in this thread this time of year and expect this year will be the same. 

Enjoyed meeting a few of you last season and hope to connect again this fall. 

Best of luck to every team in the HHC this season. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, starbacker said:

2019 Predictions 

1. East is head & shoulders above everyone else, last year a few teams missed their chances. I think they will surprise some 6A teams come sectional time.  Gaddis always has his kids playing at peak performance come sectional time 

2. Weber is starting to build a solid program at BNL.  Not extremely deep this season with a small junior class but has 19 seniors and the sophomore & freshman classes both look good. 

3. BNL, FC, New Albany & Jeffersonville hopefully all think they can win a sectional title this year and that’s good for the competitive balance of the conference. 

4. Seymour will continue to improve 

5. JC & Madison will continue to struggle 

6. Some FC fan in forum land will have himself convinced they are one of the top teams in southern Indiana. 😃

Truthfully I have a lot of fun in this thread this time of year and expect this year will be the same. 

Enjoyed meeting a few of you last season and hope to connect again this fall. 

Best of luck to every team in the HHC this season. 

Why do you have to bring me in to this? Lol. 🤦‍♂️.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, mamasa said:

Anyone going to any of the scrimmage games tonight?

I’ll be in Bedford tonight

They scrimmage Mitchell

outside of gate revenue for two county teams I’m not sure how much BNL gets out of it but at least the boys get to him non-teammates. 

3 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

They scrimmaged because it was close and easy. They play a regular season game because it’s a huge gate for the home team. They haven’t scrimmaged since they began playing a regular season game.

Again, no difference; except that the score counts in the game between Brownstown and Seymour.

13 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

It’s close and easy. 

I do understand that...like every season though the Stars got outplayed and didn’t look sharp, same as last year and the year before that. Seems like it always works out though Weber has them ready. 

10 minutes ago, starbacker said:

I do understand that...like every season though the Stars got outplayed and didn’t look sharp, same as last year and the year before that. Seems like it always works out though Weber has them ready. 

How do you feel about Weber compared to Szabo. I personally like both coaches. They both improved BNL from being on the mat. I think Weber is building a good program.

12 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

How do you feel about Weber compared to Szabo. I personally like both coaches. They both improved BNL from being on the mat. I think Weber is building a good program.

Weber is building a program, Szabo tried to but the community didn’t let him. 

They have allowed Weber to be the strength and conditioning coach (weightlifting) Szabo wasn’t given that opportunity.  They have now (after years go fighting to get it) gotten one middle school team and it’s already paying off. Well over 30 Freshmen out this year. 

BNL has been blessed to have two incredible coaches and better men to run the program. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, starbacker said:

Weber is building a program, Szabo tried to but the community didn’t let him. 

They have allowed Weber to be the strength and conditioning coach (weightlifting) Szabo wasn’t given that opportunity.  They have now (after years go fighting to get it) gotten one middle school team and it’s already paying off. Well over 30 Freshmen out this year. 

BNL has been blessed to have two incredible coaches and better men to run the program. 

I’m all for making this conference stronger. Lord knows that East has carried it for far too long. BNL and Floyd are doing ok. NA and Jeff are pretty underwhelming for the size and talent in their schools. Seymour seems to have improved recently. JC is another program that needs to find a program builder.

21 hours ago, btownqbcoach said:

What is the comparison BC vs Sey and BNL vs Mitchell? Like what are you trying to say? 

1 hour ago, DanteEstonia said:

I write these posts on a smartphone.

Your phone forgot to reply to the above comment. Instead, it left a reaction to IO's comment.

• Haha 2

We see more and more of them. As far as specific schools, I really don't remember. I have always LOVED the EZ view, I love it when schools include the EZ view when they share with us on Hudl. We had a film last year that was cut up with Side long, side tight, and EZ, so each play played three times, one with each view. I love it. Takes a little longer to get thru, but so much more to see.