Head Coach Openings 2024 ×

Hoosier Hills Conference

1 hour ago, Old Man High Pants said:

I also remember Jennings County & Madison being thrown out there. If it were the only option I would definitely take Madison & Jennings County over Connersville & Rushville but at this point I don't see the EIAC expanding any further unless those two were to leave. I'll beat a dead horse and say the conference should go back to 6 but who knows.

The conference these days is a mess. Technically it was never set up as a 4A / 3A conference but a Big School / Small School conference. The 4A / 3A I believe was just easier to say, or market? The divisions will change this year with East Central, Connersville, Franklin County & Lawrenceburg being the Big Division. Greensburg, Batesville, South Dearborn & Rushville will be the Small Division. It's all so dumb, it'll be interesting once Franklin County drops to the Small School division forcing Greensburg back into the Big School division since Greensburg & East Central decided not to play anymore.

I don't think you'll ever see South Dearborn, Lawrenceburg, East Central, Greensburg, or Batesville leave the EIAC. It's a great conference for all the athletic departments as a whole. Could East Central go fully independent in football? I know a lot of people would prefer that and I'd say fat chance but now that USC is going to be in the Big 10 never say never.

I could eventually see Franklin County moving to another conference in the distant future. Brookville isn't going to grow while all the schools around them in the conference keep getting bigger. If they were to ever to drop down to 2A I could see them going to the TEC. But that's a long way away if ever.

Connersville & Rushville could leave tomorrow and I wouldn't be surprised. I think it's going to depend on some other Indianapolis area conferences though. There's been talk for a long time that Connersville & Rushville could join Richmond, Muncie Central & Anderson leaving the North Central with some Hoosier Heritage like New Castle, Delta & Yorktown. With Centerville moving up to 3A now I think that becomes even more of a viable league. 

Connersville and Rushville have their own issues. Not sure where they fit conference wise, they have both wondered aimlessly since leaving the South Central Conference. I don’t see any end in sight for either of them until each community finds a way to lure people to their locale. Rushville’s issue is they’re just far enough away from Indy to not make the donut scene, New Pal comes to mind. 

2 hours ago, Old Man High Pants said:

I also remember Jennings County & Madison being thrown out there. If it were the only option I would definitely take Madison & Jennings County over Connersville & Rushville but at this point I don't see the EIAC expanding any further unless those two were to leave. I'll beat a dead horse and say the conference should go back to 6 but who knows.

The conference these days is a mess. Technically it was never set up as a 4A / 3A conference but a Big School / Small School conference. The 4A / 3A I believe was just easier to say, or market? The divisions will change this year with East Central, Connersville, Franklin County & Lawrenceburg being the Big Division. Greensburg, Batesville, South Dearborn & Rushville will be the Small Division. It's all so dumb, it'll be interesting once Franklin County drops to the Small School division forcing Greensburg back into the Big School division since Greensburg & East Central decided not to play anymore.

I don't think you'll ever see South Dearborn, Lawrenceburg, East Central, Greensburg, or Batesville leave the EIAC. It's a great conference for all the athletic departments as a whole. Could East Central go fully independent in football? I know a lot of people would prefer that and I'd say fat chance but now that USC is going to be in the Big 10 never say never.

I could eventually see Franklin County moving to another conference in the distant future. Brookville isn't going to grow while all the schools around them in the conference keep getting bigger. If they were to ever to drop down to 2A I could see them going to the TEC. But that's a long way away if ever.

Connersville & Rushville could leave tomorrow and I wouldn't be surprised. I think it's going to depend on some other Indianapolis area conferences though. There's been talk for a long time that Connersville & Rushville could join Richmond, Muncie Central & Anderson leaving the North Central with some Hoosier Heritage like New Castle, Delta & Yorktown. With Centerville moving up to 3A now I think that becomes even more of a viable league. 

I was not aware Lawrenceburg and South Dearborn were switching divisions. John Harrell’s website still shows them in the 3A Division and 4A Division respectfully. Thanks for the info. I definitely like that split much better.

I was wondering if East Central would ever go independent in football. If the EIAC keeps the divisional split then I think they’re happy to stay. If the EIAC went back to doing away with divisions and making everyone play each other then I think that would force East Central to go independent. They want that competition and they don’t get it by playing the other seven EIAC schools. The divisional split suits them much better.

3 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

I was not aware Lawrenceburg and South Dearborn were switching divisions. John Harrell’s website still shows them in the 3A Division and 4A Division respectfully. Thanks for the info. I definitely like that split much better.

I was wondering if East Central would ever go independent in football. If the EIAC keeps the divisional split then I think they’re happy to stay. If the EIAC went back to doing away with divisions and making everyone play each other then I think that would force East Central to go independent. They want that competition and they don’t get it by playing the other seven EIAC schools. The divisional split suits them much better.

Would EC ever consider joining an Ohio Conference?  

22 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Yeah John Harrell hasn't been updated yet with it. The problem with the division split is who will eventually be the Big Division. Connersville will be the second biggest schools for some time and gives them no competition, it's a waist of time for both of them. At some point Franklin County will drop to the small division bringing Greensburg up, who they don't play anymore because both schools decided it was best for them both not to. That leaves Lawrenceburg who isn't really competitive against them. Lawrenceburg has improved greatly under Coach Knigga but Lawrenceburg has gone from losing by 50 to losing by 25.

A decade ago when the conference was set up this way there were a lot of people who wanted East Central to be completely in or completely out. I think that mentality has changed and if it were revisited most people would be more than happy for them to be independent in football.

24 minutes ago, DT said:

No 

33 minutes ago, Old Man High Pants said:

Yeah John Harrell hasn't been updated yet with it. The problem with the division split is who will eventually be the Big Division. Connersville will be the second biggest schools for some time and gives them no competition, it's a waist of time for both of them. At some point Franklin County will drop to the small division bringing Greensburg up, who they don't play anymore because both schools decided it was best for them both not to. That leaves Lawrenceburg who isn't really competitive against them. Lawrenceburg has improved greatly under Coach Knigga but Lawrenceburg has gone from losing by 50 to losing by 25.

A decade ago when the conference was set up this way there were a lot of people who wanted East Central to be completely in or completely out. I think that mentality has changed and if it were revisited most people would be more than happy for them to be independent in football.

No 

Why not?  

Mt Carmel (IL) played in the Big 8 for many years in western Indiana.  They figured it out.  Why cant EC do the same?  Lots of great football with more conferences and nearly 3 times as many schools in Ohio

1 hour ago, DT said:

No. 
They have a great rivalry with Harrison, The I74 Battle, it’s pretty competitive, last time we saw we saw it EC took the trophy back from Harrison after 3 OT’s, and they rotate Indy/Cincy power schools thru the schedule while playing the conference schedule they’re required to play. Most years they’re going to win the conference and they’ll have a few weeks in there to lick their wounds after Roncalli, Chatard, Moeller, LaSalle, etc. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2022 at 7:40 PM, Frozen Tundra said:

New Albany will take a step back.

I don't really follow the HHC much, just glace time to time because GS picked up New Albany last year and we're hosting them again this year.  Curious to know your thoughts on them taking a step back in 2022.  Loss of a lot of key seniors?  I honestly don't know what their starting roster was made up of in 2021. I do know there were several electric players that could do damage in the open field.

On 7/15/2022 at 6:44 PM, Esso Ayche said:

I don't really follow the HHC much, just glace time to time because GS picked up New Albany last year and we're hosting them again this year.  Curious to know your thoughts on them taking a step back in 2022.  Loss of a lot of key seniors?  I honestly don't know what their starting roster was made up of in 2021. I do know there were several electric players that could do damage in the open field.

They had upwards of 30 seniors on that team that went to semi-state. Many of them had been starting since they were sophomores. They had a lot invested in that group and it paid off. They will be very inexperienced this year. 

• Thanks 1

Way back when this is how it was going to be.  The EIAC did want to add two teams.  They wanted a northern team (Connersville I think and a Southern Team Madison)  At the time the AD was not going to budge.  Even though MCS winning percentage was like less than 20 percent for boys and 25 percent for girls in regards to HHC opponents.  The powers that be thought that it built character to get your head beat in and your a** handed to you night end and night out.  Furthermore it built you up and got you ready for the sectional.  As you can see the Cubs are regular contenders for the Regional and Semistate.  (sarcasm)

Progress has been made.  Madison finally made the decision to exit the HHC (Smallest School Enrollment Wise) Football if they remained in the HHC they now would be a 3A playing two 4A teams and 5/6A teams.  The turf field and weight facility are top notch.  Now having the right people in place to attract kids and building up kids that will compete is the next step.  Hoping this gets done soon as I have a 9th grade girl  and a 8th grade boy that are both three sport athletes.  Thirsty for success.

Edited by Coach Dowell
spelling error
  • Like 2

On 7/15/2022 at 6:44 PM, Esso Ayche said:

I’m actually supportive of New Albany, even though they rival Floyd Central, because I’m a lifetime Floyd County resident. But they spent many years, as BoilerFan87 alluded to, building that team. I’ve heard that it started in the youth leagues. That was probably the most stacked New Albany team that I’ve ever personally seen. I don’t think they have anything like that coming up the next few years. Quite honestly, I think this entire area of the State is going to be down for a while.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Coach Dowell said:

The powers that be thought that it built character to get your head beat in and your a** handed to you night end and night out.  Furthermore it built you up and got you ready for the sectional.

It's not necessarily wrong, but it only works to a point. 

We’re getting very close to getting things kicked off. Football is right around the corner. I figured I would go ahead and give a Floyd Central preview since I know a little bit about them and probably a HHC preview in a few weeks when I know more about the other teams. I would love for you guys to talk about the other teams. The more I know, the more I appreciate it.

Floyd Central-Coach James Bragg is going into his 5th season. Overall, he has a winning record. Coach Bragg is probably disappointed with how last season went. Floyd Central finished 4-6.

Offensively, their team should be built around Jr QB Tristan Robertson. He showed some flashes last season, including some impressive throws up in Columbus. But he was mistake prone too. He threw some ill-advised passes that were picked off. He has good size and above average arm strength. If he can cut down on mistakes, he could be an All Conference QB this season. Their RB should be Jr Mitchell Bernardi. A transfer from Florida in 2021, he started most games for FC at RB last season. He was very good. He’s around 6 foot and about 200 lbs. 4.7 type of runner. Should be able to run for 1000+ this season. Jake Hausz is another guy who played LB last season but didn’t run the ball because he had a foot issue. Another strong kid with decent speed. They have a few other younger guys with speed that we could see. WR should be their best position group. They’re led by Sr Eli Branham. He’s probably Floyd Centrals best player IMO. At 5”8 160 lbs, he’s Floyds quickest and most dynamic player. He played RB, Slot WR, CB last season. A likely All Conference performer this season. Sr Jordan Fonda is another guy who should start at WR along with Sr Max Grainger and Sr Cody Bibelhauser. A lot of experience there and some guys that have decent speed. Their OL suffered some losses. I think they are replacing 4 guys there. They will be anchored by Jr Justin Brown. He’s a 6”0 300 Lb OG with possible All Conference potential. I’m not sure who the other guys will be on the OL but there is definitely some work to do at that position.

Defensively. Floyd suffered some losses up front. Matt Bernardi, older brother of Mitchell, graduated along with Gavin Harvey and Nate Ripley. There will be some inexperience playing at that position. Their back 7 is in a lot better shape. The guys I mentioned on Offense, Branham, Fonda, Grainger, Hausz, Bernardi, Biblehauser, all of those guys will probably go both ways and sub out at times. Coach Bragg will get his best athletes on defense. I think Branham could be the best CB in the Conference. Such an impressive athlete.

Special Teams. Floyd is typically solid in the kicking game. Max Grainger plays 3 ways. Because he’s also the K/P. And he was very solid last season and I expect him to be even better this season. I’m not sure who will return the ball for Floyd but I would definitely expect Branham to be back there somewhere.

Synopsis. I do expect Floyd Central to be a better team this season. They should be able to pass the ball very well this season. People have praised their execution in 7on7 play albeit, with no pass rushers. I think this is a good opportunity for coach Bragg to right the ship.

On 7/23/2022 at 10:24 PM, Olympian06 said:

My take for this year will be :

1. Columbus East

2. Seymour 

3. Floyd

Would not surprise me if Seymour won the conference tho, they return a lot from a good team last year. 

That’s probably my top 3 as well. Seymour and East both play down here at Floyd Central so those should be interesting games.

• Thanks 1

On 7/26/2022 at 11:28 AM, Frozen Tundra said:

I’m curious to see how far New Albany falls. Not sure what Jeffersonville and BNL have but it seems possible that New Albany could go from 1st to 6th.

Their talent isn’t good. They are going to be putting a lot of guys out there with very little experience. While East, Floyd, and Seymour bring back at least half of their starters or more.

5 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Their talent isn’t good. They are going to be putting a lot of guys out there with very little experience. While East, Floyd, and Seymour bring back at least half of their starters or more.

I know about East, Seymour, and Floyd Central. I’m just curious with how New Albany compares to Jeffersonville and BNL.

18 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

I know about East, Seymour, and Floyd Central. I’m just curious with how New Albany compares to Jeffersonville and BNL.

I see BNL as improved. I like their QB a lot. They’ll be competitive. Jeffersonville is going through another coaching change and lost some good Srs from a team with a losing record.

4 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

I see BNL as improved. I like their QB a lot. They’ll be competitive. Jeffersonville is going through another coaching change and lost some good Srs from a team with a losing record.

Jeff has a new coach? Didn’t know that. It’s not even listed on John Harrell’s website.

13 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Jeff isn’t going through a coaching change, it was somehow mistakenly listed as open, but Coach Parker is still there. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...