Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

1 hour ago, Olympian06 said:

Whiteland - 28

Columbus East - 10

All Whiteland after halftime..

East’s offend e was abysmal in the second half.  I think 4 three and outs and one first down before the final drive when they essentially ran out the clock.  East defense wore down due to being on the field the entire half and Whitelands massive o line 

56 minutes ago, Fogertyputmein said:

East’s offend e was abysmal in the second half.  I think 4 three and outs and one first down before the final drive when they essentially ran out the clock.  East defense wore down due to being on the field the entire half and Whitelands massive o line 

Well look at it this way. The whole HHC had a bad night. There is a lot of work to be done with all these programs.

47 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

So why did they keep the contract? Did Bell County play Friday?

Yes, Bell County beat North Laurel 42-35. I had heard a while back that Jeff needed a new opponent. I guess we still don't know why, but it gave Bell enough time to find another opponent. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, boilerfan87 said:

Yes, Bell County beat North Laurel 42-35. I had heard a while back that Jeff needed a new opponent. I guess we still don't know why, but it gave Bell enough time to find another opponent. 

The only team that lost in this whole scenario was Jeff. Seems like Bell County knew the game wasn't going to be played.

28 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

The only team that lost in this whole scenario was Jeff. Seems like Bell County knew the game wasn't going to be played.

I think because Jeffersonville didn’t travel there, they wouldn’t travel up here? Maybe I have that backwards? I can’t remember which year was which location?

3 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

I think because Jeffersonville didn’t travel there, they wouldn’t travel up here? Maybe I have that backwards? I can’t remember which year was which location?

Jeff was supposed to play at Bell County this year. I’m guessing it was only a two year series. Since last year’s game was canceled due to COVID, maybe Jeff didn’t feel it was fair that they had to travel for a game against Bell County but Bell County didn’t.

6 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Jeff was supposed to play at Bell County this year. I’m guessing it was only a two year series. Since last year’s game was canceled due to COVID, maybe Jeff didn’t feel it was fair that they had to travel for a game against Bell County but Bell County didn’t.

These things happen all the time. Back in the mid 2000’s Indy area schools were good at scheduling out of area teams. They would schedule the first game at home then cancel the second year of the contract citing gas prices/travel expenses. In most cases new games you’re going to want a two year deal. Football it’s a little more common to have single year contracts. The bottom line is most schools adapt and move on, but Jeff sits out the week. 
Many moons ago we were in the bus pulling into Jeff for a conference tournament game. Pulling into the athletic complex there was a large fire shooting out of a dumpster right behind the school. I pointed out to the assistants sitting near if that isn’t appropriate representation of Jeff athletics I don’t know what is. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Here is the week 2 schedule. The good news is an HHC team is going to get a win this week…as long as Jeffersonville doesn’t cancel their game again.

2D0F62AA-4F0E-4684-8EB1-FEAE932FBD5A.jpeg

I think Floyd Central is done playing Male and Manual after this season. Manual isn’t as good as Male but they’re still pretty good. Like Whiteland good. We should be at least a 3 TD underdog.

13 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Here is the week 2 schedule. The good news is an HHC team is going to get a win this week…as long as Jeffersonville doesn’t cancel their game again.

2D0F62AA-4F0E-4684-8EB1-FEAE932FBD5A.jpeg

Bloomington North

Columbus North

Louisville Manual

Seymour

Jennings County

Gibson Southern

I saw this posted on Twitter. We’ve yet to mention on here that this is the 50th season of HHC football. This chart shows the series histories of all ten past and present HHC teams against one another. It also shows all of the championships each school has won. Pretty interesting stuff.

3382ED88-11E8-41BF-89CC-6D304B873D03.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

I saw this posted on Twitter. We’ve yet to mention on here that this is the 50th season of HHC football. This chart shows the series histories of all ten past and present HHC teams against one another. It also shows all of the championships each school has won. Pretty interesting stuff.

The HHC was formed in 1972 by Bedford, Columbus East, Jennings County, and Madison. East and Jennings County are the only original members remaining. The first season of HHC athletics did not actually begin until the 1973-1974 school year. Here’s a membership timeline.

1972-1974 (4 Members):

Bedford, Columbus East, Jennings County, and Madison

1974-1976 (4 Members):

Bedford closes in the summer of 1974 and consolidates with six other Lawrence County schools to form Bedford North Lawrence.

BNL, Columbus East, Jennings County, and Madison

1976-1979 (7 Members):

Bloomington North, Floyd Central, and New Albany join.

Bloomington North, BNL, Columbus East, Floyd Central, Jennings County, Madison, and New Albany

1979-1983 (8 Members):

Jeffersonville joins.

Bloomington North, BNL, Columbus East, Floyd Central, Jeffersonville, Jennings County, Madison, and New Albany

1983-1997 (7 Members):

Bloomington North departs.

BNL, Columbus East, Floyd Central, Jeffersonville, Jennings County, Madison, and New Albany 

1997-2021 (8 Members):

Seymour joins.

BNL, Columbus East, Floyd Central, Jeffersonville, Jennings County, Madison, New Albany, and Seymour

2021-Present (7 Members):

Madison departs.

BNL, Columbus East, Floyd Central, Jeffersonville, Jennings County, New Albany, and Seymour 

Edited by Frozen Tundra

HHC Football Champions By Year:

1973: Bedford and Madison

1974: Jennings County 

1975: BNL

1976: Columbus East 

1977: Bloomington North 

1978: Columbus East 

1979: Columbus East 

1980: BNL

1981: BNL

1982: Jeffersonville

1983: Columbus East 

1984: Columbus East and New Albany 

1985: New Albany 

1986: Columbus East 

1987: Jeffersonville

1988: Jeffersonville

1989: Columbus East, Floyd Central, and Madison

1990: Columbus East, Jeffersonville, and Floyd Central 

1991: Jeffersonville

1992: Jeffersonville

1993: Jeffersonville

1994: Columbus East 

1995: BNL

1996: Floyd Central 

1997: Jeffersonville

1998: Floyd Central 

1999: Seymour

2000: Seymour

2001: Seymour

2002: New Albany

2003: Floyd Central 

2004: Columbus East 

2005: Columbus East

2006: BNL and Columbus East 

2007: Columbus East 

2008: Columbus East 

2009: Columbus East

2010: Columbus East 

2011: Columbus East 

2012: Columbus East 

2013: Columbus East 

2014: Columbus East 

2015: Columbus East 

2016: Columbus East 

2017: Columbus East 

2018: Columbus East 

2019: Columbus East

2020: Columbus East 

2021: New Albany 

42 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Just realized there’s a typo on here. East has won 26 HHC championships, not 24.

1 hour ago, DanteEstonia said:

Who do you think should be the 8th member, if any?

I think it should stay at 7.

Silver Creek fits geographically and could jump right in immediately but they need to grow some more. They’re 47th in 4A with 913 students. The smallest school currently in the HHC is Jennings County at #22 in 4A with 1,181 students. 

Jennings County is shrinking quickly though. They’ve lost nearly a quarter of their student population since 2011. If that trend continues, they won’t be able to keep up in the HHC. Wouldn’t be surprised if they leave by 2030 if things don’t change.

Back to the original question though, Silver Creek could jump in now but I don’t think it’s the right time for them. Personally, I’d love to see Bloomington North, Bloomington South, and Columbus North join. I think it’s beneath Bloomington South and Columbus North to do that. I think Bloomington North would at least entertain the idea. 

Nevertheless, as I stated originally, let’s stick with 7. If the HHC and/or the Conference Indiana landscape changes, or if Silver Creek has a boom in growth, then we can entertain the idea of adding some schools.

• Like 1