Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

2 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Actually sir, I have coached youth football. But unfortunately I have to work a lot (50-60 hours a week) so I can’t be involved with it. I know I’m in the wrong criticizing coaches. But it’s not my fault that they do the same things over and over, expecting a different result. Example. Imagine telling people that you want to compete with the best(I.E. Louisville Male, St X, Cincinnati Elder.) And your program can only score 15 pts against Seymour? No offense to Seymour. Fine football team. I’m just making a point.

More excuses

5 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Actually sir, I have coached youth football. But unfortunately I have to work a lot (50-60 hours a week) so I can’t be involved with it. I know I’m in the wrong criticizing coaches. But it’s not my fault that they do the same things over and over, expecting a different result. Example. Imagine telling people that you want to compete with the best(I.E. Louisville Male, St X, Cincinnati Elder.) And your program can only score 15 pts against Seymour? No offense to Seymour. Fine football team. I’m just making a point.

You’re right. Let’s add Providence back to the schedule so we can beat our chests about beating a 2A program. That’s FC in a nutshell. You play top tier competition to prepare to win it all.  Male wasn’t added by a football coach, neither was Elder. ST. X was added to replace Madison and Providence. Smaller schools won’t play FC in the area, most don’t have room in their schedules. 

Basketball school has won 3 sectionals since mid 90s and had how many big name applicants this spring? Coach Sturgeon is one of my best friends, love the guy. FC is a country club sport school. 

When I was there with Glesing, it was “he doesn’t throw it enough to win.” Now Bragg can’t coach. I can tell you the number of coaches from big name programs who applied when Glesing left, I helped vet the applicants. Same number as right arms my dad has. He’s an amputee. Not one from an Indy school or Louisville school. 

How’d the staff meeting go today? I know they we’re meeting around 6 and was hoping you could provide details. Wanted to make sure they didn’t line up in Cover 2 again at the end as you said they did. 

Edited by Coachhess
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Coachhess said:

You’re right. Let’s add Providence back to the schedule so we can beat our chests about beating a 2A program. That’s FC in a nutshell. You play top tier competition to prepare to win it all.  Male wasn’t added by a football coach, neither was Elder. ST. X was added to replace Madison and Providence. Smaller schools won’t play FC in the area, most don’t have room in their schedules. 

Basketball school has won 3 sectionals since mid 90s and had how many big name applicants this spring? Coach Sturgeon is one of my best friends, love the guy. FC is a country club sport school. 

When I was there with Glesing, it was “he doesn’t throw it enough to win.” Now Bragg can’t coach. I can tell you the number of coaches from big name programs who applied when Glesing left, I helped vet the applicants. Same number as right arms my dad has. He’s an amputee. Not one from an Indy school or Louisville school. 

How’d the staff meeting go today? I know they we’re meeting around 6 and was hoping you could provide details. Wanted to make sure they didn’t line up in Cover 2 again at the end as you said they did. 

Let me ask you a question? What in the hell is their thought process about playing top 5 programs in the state of Kentucky? Male. Manual. St X, next season. Who in their right mind thinks that losing 42-7 every season is “making your team better.” Going 3 and out every possession isn’t allowing yourself to develop your offense. It might help your defense by exposing things, but this teams confidence gets shattered right out of the gate. I get that small schools won’t play them. But New Albany and Jeffersonville play tough teams without them being teams that will be impossible for Floyd Central to ever have a fighting chance against.

You don’t know me. And you obviously don’t like me very much. I do appreciate you holding the team together while Glesing had Lymphoma. I appreciate you coaching there for several seasons. But don’t tell me that I don’t have any right to be critical of the coaching there. I’m a long time fan. I was a player. I pay taxes in this county. I give money to Floyd Central. And quite frankly I expect them to play better football. If you think your buddy can get the job done, then that’s fine. I hope he starts doing it.

Edited by Fkfootball

I don’t agree with Floyd Central being a “country club school.” They’re obviously not a Football school. But they’re solid in basketball. Solid in Baseball. They’ve been ranked #1 a few times recently in Baseball. Excellent Wrestling program. State Champion Wrestler recently. Obviously very good in Swimming, Track, and all the  Country Club sports.

Football is an issue. It’s not all on Coach Bragg. But that team has enough talent to be beating teams like Seymour.

On 9/11/2022 at 12:42 AM, Frozen Tundra said:

😳

You’ve got my attention. I graduated with Drew Kiel. I remember all the hype he and my other classmates got in middle school as they went unbeaten in 7th and 8th grade. If Highland Hills is comparable then that’s definitely something to take note of.

Dusty works with my son.  The Kiels are top notch.  I haven't met Drew.  3 brothers who were all D1 QB's.  That's really rare and impressive.

A friend of mine that coaches at Floyd Central says that the Freshman team is really good.  If the MS has some good kids, then Floyd could be a team to watch in a few years.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

But don’t tell me that I don’t have any right to be critical of the coaching there. I’m a long time fan. I was a player. I pay taxes in this county. I give money to Floyd Central. And quite frankly I expect them to play better football. 

No one has said otherwise. Grow some stones and go talk to the people that can do something about it, don’t just run your mouth in an anonymous forum. 
I graduated from Seymour, I pay taxes in Seymour, I was a HC, and I certainly have expectations as to how our athletic teams conduct themselves. When I have a problem I either speak to the coach, which I did just last week, the AD, principal, or Superintendent. 
This is our concern Dude. 

9 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

I don’t agree with Floyd Central being a “country club school.” They’re obviously not a Football school. But they’re solid in basketball. Solid in Baseball. They’ve been ranked #1 a few times recently in Baseball. Excellent Wrestling program. State Champion Wrestler recently. Obviously very good in Swimming, Track, and all the  Country Club sports.

Football is an issue. It’s not all on Coach Bragg. But that team has enough talent to be beating teams like Seymour.

Solid in basketball with D1 caliber players.  3 baseball sectionals in the last 20 years. Wrestling shares 0 athletes with football. Swimming….country club. Track has Lanesville in its sectional dude. 

Maybe that’s the bigger issue that FC needs to figure out. Why can’t they share athletes who can help multiple sports? Too much specialization. East has football stars on their basketball and baseball teams. Doesn’t happen at FC. 

Agree with @Impartial_Observer. If you’ve got beef, if you’ve got ties to the program, if you’ve got coaching experience, call the admins and let them know. Being a keyboard warrior and never revealing who are you, hiding behind the screen and blasting coaches who give countless hours to their school, rubs all of us the wrong way. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Coachhess said:

Solid in basketball with D1 caliber players.  3 baseball sectionals in the last 20 years. Wrestling shares 0 athletes with football. Swimming….country club. Track has Lanesville in its sectional dude. 

Maybe that’s the bigger issue that FC needs to figure out. Why can’t they share athletes who can help multiple sports? Too much specialization. East has football stars on their basketball and baseball teams. Doesn’t happen at FC. 

Agree with @Impartial_Observer. If you’ve got beef, if you’ve got ties to the program, if you’ve got coaching experience, call the admins and let them know. Being a keyboard warrior and never revealing who are you, hiding behind the screen and blasting coaches who give countless hours to their school, rubs all of us the wrong way. 

The Kessinger's play.  Vince Kessinger was a semi-state qualifier in wrestling last year.  Not sure if he plays varsity or JV though.  Little brother Tony is an 8th grader that plays football and wrestles.  They are hard nosed kids.

I've found that most football programs we have been to didn't like sharing football players with the wrestling team.  That should change some at Columbus North as the new HC has a step-son that wrestles.  My son went to Fargo (Freestyle Nationals) in July and they didn't give him any grief, which we really appreciated.  

I like seeing football and wrestling working together.  The off-season can be challenging because they share, essentially, the same off-season.  

I don't have a dog in this FC discussion. Everyone knows there no love lost between NA and FC. However I don't root against FC unless they're playing NA.

I've watched the replay of the last second Seymour TD against FC several times. I can't say if this is a coaching failure or the kids didn't understand what the coaches meant them to do. Both can be true in this case. But when the opposition is 30 yards away and there is time for 1 more play, the deepest DB shouldn't be 10 yards off the ball as in this instance. Seymour had 2 receivers open because they ran past the FC DB's. I don't know if they were in cover 2 or 4, but if FC had 2 DB's standing on the 5-10 yard line to start, this play probably doesn't work. Again, don't know if it's coaching, player, or communication issue, but I feel certain they will address it.

On 9/10/2022 at 11:05 PM, Impartial_Observer said:

Dude seriously I’ve listened to you bash coaches and administrators as long as you’ve been here. It’s not like people are standing in line to take all of these coaching positions. I suggest you get involved and make the changes you seek. It’s easy to sit on the sidelines and bitch, put up or shut up. I see youth, MS’s, even Frosh games every day that need help. Here’s your shot to fix everything at FC. I saw Highland Hills last week, I’m sure they have another coach’s shirt to fit you. 
My guess is you’re not the type to actually do any of the work, you’re they type who would grab the ear of any school board member who’d be willing to listen. 

FYI for the group, the 8th group from Highland Hills was pretty good, their 7th grade team ran a fairly sophisticated passing scheme. This could be a group to watch. They rivaled any on the Columbus Central teams during the Kiel years. 

A parent I know from Seymour, has a kid that plays on the 8th grade team that said the HH 8th grade team is phenomenal. He said they are very well coached and are a helluva 8th grade team. 

Columbus East

Floyd

Jennings

Seymour

On 9/12/2022 at 9:41 AM, Coachhess said:

I apologize for harsh criticism against coach Bragg, who I believe is a quality person. I was just extremely frustrated about last Fridays game. But there was a lack of execution by players in the Secondary and hopefully they’ll get it corrected.

16 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

A parent I know from Seymour, has a kid that plays on the 8th grade team that said the HH 8th grade team is phenomenal. He said they are very well coached and are a helluva 8th grade team. 

Columbus East

Floyd

Jennings

Seymour

We have talent. Maybe not top tier talent, but enough to be competitive. I’m not an advocate of changing Head Coaches. I just want the current HC to get this thing going. I’m always behind the team.

On 9/12/2022 at 2:50 PM, Dawgs_Dad said:

I don't have a dog in this FC discussion. Everyone knows there no love lost between NA and FC. However I don't root against FC unless they're playing NA.

I've watched the replay of the last second Seymour TD against FC several times. I can't say if this is a coaching failure or the kids didn't understand what the coaches meant them to do. Both can be true in this case. But when the opposition is 30 yards away and there is time for 1 more play, the deepest DB shouldn't be 10 yards off the ball as in this instance. Seymour had 2 receivers open because they ran past the FC DB's. I don't know if they were in cover 2 or 4, but if FC had 2 DB's standing on the 5-10 yard line to start, this play probably doesn't work. Again, don't know if it's coaching, player, or communication issue, but I feel certain they will address it.

That should never happen. The blame doesn’t fall on one coach or one player. They lost that as a team. I believe coach Hess when he says it was Cover 4. He knows their scheme and playbook 100 times better then I do. But I thought it was Cover 2 because of the alignment and type of back pedal. I do know the difference. But looking back, the players may not have executed properly. It’s a teaching moment.

Edited by Fkfootball

Some good news.

Over at Floyd Central, the Highlanders have been without junior running back Mitch Bernardi since their season-opening loss to Louisville Male. Bernardi, the team’s top rusher last season, has been sidelined by a back injury the past three weeks.

“We’re just trying to keep our head above water,” said Bragg, whose team was without 13 players, due to injuries and/or suspensions, in last Friday’s last-second loss to Seymour.

Bernardi could return this Friday night again

Week 5 Picks

Columbus East (2-2, 2-0 HHC) at New Albany (1-3, 1-1 HHC): This is the only game this week in which the series is not extremely tight. The Olympians hold a 25-6 advantage but it was the Bulldogs that snapped a 19 game losing streak to East last year. East was able to avenge their loss against the team that ended their HHC winning streak (Seymour). Now they get the team that ended their HHC championship streak at 17 years. Based on what we’ve seen out of New Albany so far this year, they may be in for a rough night. East wins.

Jeffersonville (0-3, 0-2 HHC) at Floyd Central (1-3, 0-1 HHC): The Red Devils had an embarrassing loss last week which, based on how close they were to beating Seymour and BNL in their first two games, seems to be a sign of a lack of heart/effort. If they don’t get mentally tough then they’ll be feasted on by a Highlander team coming off their own late game choke-job against Seymour. Jeff leads the all-time series 27-24 but Floyd Central has won 10 out of the last 11. I think the Highlanders keep the streak going and get the W.

Jennings County (1-3) at Madison (1-3): The 59th edition of the Railroad Rivalry takes place tonight and what a rivalry it has been. The Panthers lead the series 31-27 but recent history is not on their side. The home team has won the last ten games in the series. Add in the fact Jennings County lost to South Dearborn 28-0 in week 1 while Madison lost to South Dearborn 15-12 in week 2 and even the transitive property isn’t on their side. Based on these factors, I’m thinking the home team winning streak extends to 11. The Cubs are my pick.

Seymour (2-2, 2-1 HHC) at Bedford North Lawrence (2-2, 2-0 HHC): We have another close series here as the Owls lead this one 24-23. Seven out of the last eight games in this series have been decided by eight points or less. Contrary to the Jennings County and Madison series, the recent history in this one favors the road team as the home team has taken the loss in the last four games. The Stars have gotten off to some slow starts the last couple weeks against HHC teams and this is not the week to continue that. Once again, I think recent history continues as Seymour is just too talented and experienced. Seymour wins.