Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

7 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

He wasn’t ejected. He had 2 Unsportsmanlike penalties called on him. I think that changes things? I’ll let you answer this.

Two unsportsmanlike conduct fouls by a player is a mandatory disqualification, requiring a written report to Asst. Commissioner Faulkens before the sun comes up the next morning, resulting in the player also being disqualified from playing the next week.

• Like 2

Week 6 Predictions

Bedford North Lawrence (2-3, 2-1 HHC) at Jennings County (1-4, 0-2 HHC): The Stars lead the all-time series 42-7 and have won five straight meetings. This Panthers team is pretty bad and there really isn’t much more to say here. BNL wins.

Columbus East (3-2, 3-0 HHC) at Floyd Central (2-3, 1-1 HHC): The Olympians lead the all-time series 31-15 and have won 19 straight meetings. I believe the Highlanders have the potential to win this game but that depends on the effectiveness of the Columbus East offense. Even during their bad year last year, East still put up 28 on Floyd Central which was their lowest scoring output during the 19 game series win streak. Matter of fact, East has never lost a game against Floyd Central when it has scored 16 or more points. This might be a lower scoring game than in years past but I’ll take East anyway.

New Albany (1-4) at Bloomington North (2-3): The Cougars lead the series 5-3 and have won the last three meetings. The Bulldogs have given up 34 or more points in every game except their win against Jennings County in which they gave up 21. Enter a Bloomington North team that put up 55 last week at Terre Haute North. The Cougars have the firepower and the Bulldogs don’t have the…dogs…to stop them. Therefore, BHSN wins big.

Seymour (3-2) at Brownstown Central (4-1): The Jackson Bowl has been a great rivalry and a huge deal for the people of Jackson County. At one time, the Owls had a 7-0 lead in the series. However, despite the big size disparity, the Braves won 9 out of the next 14. Brownstown trails in the series 12-9 but has won the last three games. Can their seniors complete the four year sweep? With the offensive scheme the Braves run, it’s very possible. However, Seymour has quite a bit of talent and experience to make up for it. Seymour is my pick.

Silver Creek (3-2) at Jeffersonville (0-4): After an 80 year hiatus, the two teams met again last year with the Red Devils winning to tie the series 1-1. Both games were decided by eight points or fewer and it wouldn’t shock me if that was the case again. To me, this is the toughest game to pick this week. It all depends on which Jeff team shows up. Both of these teams played Floyd Central tough but both lost by 14. Can Jeff finally get in the win column? I’m not too confident which is why I’m picking the Dragons to win.

24 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

@Fkfootball and @swcgillespie didn’t submit picks last week. Are you guys in this week or are you throwing in the towel?

I wasn’t really participating. I just like analyze football.

I wouldn’t be “shocked” if Floyd Central won tonight. But to be honest, recent history isn’t on their side. So I take no offense to anyone who views this game as a win for East. It’s up to Floyd Centrals program to change that narrative.

2 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

I wasn’t really participating. I just like to analyze football.

I wouldn’t be “shocked” if Floyd Central won tonight. But to be honest, recent history isn’t on their side. So I take no offense to anyone who views this game as a win for East. It’s up to Floyd Centrals program to change that narrative.

13 minutes ago, Uncle Bubba said:

6B5E9692-5439-4DFD-B8CB-704DBFA21E65.thumb.jpeg.1234c621fa153b70a2ad83781390062b.jpeg

@Fkfootball sounds like you know everything about the situation. Maybe you can clear this up? Looks like a ejection to me…but I’m not a real smart man. 
#JU

I don’t. He got two unsportsmanlike penalties which DQ’d him. That’s why I asked IO about it because he knows the rules better than I do.

9 minutes ago, Uncle Bubba said:

6B5E9692-5439-4DFD-B8CB-704DBFA21E65.thumb.jpeg.1234c621fa153b70a2ad83781390062b.jpeg

@Fkfootball sounds like you know everything about the situation. Maybe you can clear this up? Looks like a ejection to me…but I’m not a real smart man. 
#JU

I have no information about this specific situation. But one possible scenario did occur to me. In several games I have observed, the crew called an unsportsmanlike conduct foul on a player when the proper call would have been a personal foul. For example, two players get locked up and won’t stop on the whistle, even though they are 20 yds. behind the play. Not a whole lot of contact, not really violent, just grabbing and pulling. That is a personal foul, not unsportsmanlike conduct, since there was contact involved. So, if they went to the IHSAA with film that showed one of the calls should have been a personal foul, and not unsportsmanlike conduct, or if the officiating crew noted the mistake in a postgame report, they might prevail. It would be nice if the IHSAA would make some formal announcement of explanation.

1 hour ago, Uncle Bubba said:

@Bobrefthanks for the clarification. That would make sense. His fouls were not from “physical play”. I believe they were called for “verbal” alterations. 

If that is the case, unsportsmanlike conduct is the correct foul.

Could it be that what was penalized as two fouls was really just one foul?

Edited by Bobref

13 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

@Fkfootballand @Fogertyputmeinyall will have to keep me updated in here. Ill be away from the radio for a while.

East 3 and out and 4 yard punt then gave go a first after 2 and 29 and two 4th down conversations 7-0 FC

Just now, Fogertyputmein said:

East 3 and out and 4 yard punt then gave go a first after 2 and 29 and two 4th down conversations 7-0 FC

Some really good balls by FC QB