Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

15 minutes ago, Uncle Bubba said:

Easy to block a FG with 12 men on the field. 
Easy to score late on a phantom PI call. 

Floyd got home schooled. 

Floyd Central hasn’t blocked well all season. Whether they aren’t being coach well enough, or not putting forth enough effort, I have no idea? But that’s their problem. All of their OL need to seek out camps after the season. 

16 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

Floyd Central hasn’t blocked well all season. Whether they aren’t being coach well enough, or not putting forth enough effort, I have no idea? But that’s their problem. All of their OL need to seek out camps after the season. 

Also, not to mention, we had two of our three starting linebackers out, and we were on our fourth string running back. 

13 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

Well they looked healthy last weekend? What happened?

The 2 OLB had some type injuries from last Friday. Only the starting MLB was in tonight. One of the OLB was the TB as well. The other one played one of TE positions. 

Bad loss, but, unfortunately this team has had some injuries to key players. But, have to play with what the players you have available. Next man up! 

I just don’t like questioning kids who put multiple hours in every week to play on Friday nights. Yes this generation may not be like yours. But they still work! 

4 minutes ago, Uncle Bubba said:

The 2 OLB had some type injuries from last Friday. Only the starting MLB was in tonight. One of the OLB was the TB as well. The other one played one of TE positions. 

Bad loss, but, unfortunately this team has had some injuries to key players. But, have to play with what the players you have available. Next man up! 

I just don’t like questioning kids who put multiple hours in every week to play on Friday nights. Yes this generation may not be like yours. But they still work! 

I don’t know man. But the program is struggling. They have more talent then Seymour, BNL, and JC but that’s my opinion. A lot of guys have been hurt though. But we seem to have this issue every season. 

10 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

I don’t know man. But the program is struggling. They have more talent then Seymour, BNL, and JC but that’s my opinion. A lot of guys have been hurt though. But we seem to have this issue every season. 

I'll take the blame for this one since I put it out there as my possible upset pick. 😆

But really though, they are high school kids. Sometimes, you just never know what you're going to get. That's why they play the games, because anything can happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boilerfan87 said:

I'll take the blame for this one since I put it out there as my possible upset pick. 😆

But really though, they are high school kids. Sometimes, you just never know what you're going to get. That's why they play the games, because anything can happen.

I don’t think that’s it. People will be quick to blame coach Bragg. In the past, I probably would have too. But Floyd Central never has all their best players healthy. Never. 06 is right, they need to look at their S&C program or something? Something needs to change. That team would be undefeated in the HHC with just a little more health. 

Floyd Central must travel to Evansville North and if they win they’ll most likely travel to Castle, as New Albany won’t likely win that game. Tough draw. Although I’m not suprised since I doubt they actually “draw” these things. Case in point. New Albany Basketball having a bye 6 years in a row.

Edited by Fkfootball

11 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Floyd Central must travel to Evansville North and if they win they’ll most likely travel to Castle, as New Albany won’t likely win that game. Tough draw. Although I’m not suprised since I doubt they actually “draw” these things. Case in point. New Albany Basketball having a bye 6 years in a row.

I’m not saying the drawing is rigged but here’s what I know.

Columbus East was in a five team 5A sectional from 2015-2018. The first two years they were in sectional 14 with New Palestine, Whiteland, Franklin, and Martinsville. The last two years they were in sectional 15 with BNL, Seymour, Floyd Central, and New Albany. In a five team sectional, you have a 40% chance of playing in the first round and a 60% chance of getting a bye. The chance of not getting a bye in a four year period is 0.4 x 0.4 x 0.4 x 0.4 which equals  0.0256. In other words, you have a 2.56% chance of never getting a bye over a four year period. Well that’s exactly what happened with East.

If the drawing was rigged, you’d look at that and think it was rigged against East. However, having been around Gaddis and hearing about him from many of his former players, it would’ve been rigged for East. Once football season began, Gaddis had a routine and the last thing he wanted was for him and his players to have their routine disrupted. Throw a bye week in between the regular season and the postseason and you have a disruption in the routine. Gaddis did not want his players to lose focus or come out flat so the weekly and daily routine was very strict.

Again, I’m not saying the drawing is, or was, rigged but, knowing what I know about Gaddis’ philosophy, it’s definitely quite the coincidence how it all turned out.

1 hour ago, Frozen Tundra said:

I’m not saying the drawing is rigged but here’s what I know.

Columbus East was in a five team 5A sectional from 2015-2018. The first two years they were in sectional 14 with New Palestine, Whiteland, Franklin, and Martinsville. The last two years they were in sectional 15 with BNL, Seymour, Floyd Central, and New Albany. In a five team sectional, you have a 40% chance of playing in the first round and a 60% chance of getting a bye. The chance of not getting a bye in a four year period is 0.4 x 0.4 x 0.4 x 0.4 which equals  0.0256. In other words, you have a 2.56% chance of never getting a bye over a four year period. Well that’s exactly what happened with East.

If the drawing was rigged, you’d look at that and think it was rigged against East. However, having been around Gaddis and hearing about him from many of his former players, it would’ve been rigged for East. Once football season began, Gaddis had a routine and the last thing he wanted was for him and his players to have their routine disrupted. Throw a bye week in between the regular season and the postseason and you have a disruption in the routine. Gaddis did not want his players to lose focus or come out flat so the weekly and daily routine was very strict.

Again, I’m not saying the drawing is, or was, rigged but, knowing what I know about Gaddis’ philosophy, it’s definitely quite the coincidence how it all turned out.

I get what you’re saying. And I never believed it untill New Albany Basketball got 6 byes in a row. Nobody is that lucky. 

24 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

I get what you’re saying. And I never believed it untill New Albany Basketball got 6 byes in a row. Nobody is that lucky. 

In a six team sectional, you have an 8.78% chance of getting a bye six years in a row. Still higher than not getting a bye in a five team sectional over a four year period. 😂

But, yes, the chances of both teams were definitely low.

52 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

Seymour got screwed over too. I’m not suprised. They gave New Albany a home draw because they know NA won’t make it out of that game. That’s an easy layup for Castle. 

I’m not sure how Seymour got screwed? Not a terrible trip,  they’re not playing south two weeks in a row. Not sure they wanted East again, or maybe they did. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Week 9 Games

4D5A6116-C0CD-427A-BF6A-C7D8DC40D658.jpeg

Just a few tidbits on the Bloomington South @ Seymour game that is more slanted toward South. 

- It’s been a long time since they last played each other, and I had to go to Harrell’s site to find out when. This is the first time these schools will have met since the 1994 season when both schools were in the old South Central Conference with South winning that game. Both schools are in the same sectional in the opposite brackets, so they could face off twice this season. 

- South has had two weeks to prepare for this game since they are coming off a bye after not being able to fill the Week 8 date. They were trying to arrange a game with Normal (IL) to have them come to South, but it couldn't be worked out, and South will have just three home games this season. South had a scrimmage last Friday night to take the place of a game, but as everyone knows, that’s not the same as playing an actual opponent. 

- Ever since losing to a very good Martinsville team (6-2) on the road in game two, 27-14, the Panthers have been on a real roll. It was a very poor offensive performance against the Arties and that experience seemed to have a major impact on the team as they have steamrolled through every opponent since then. Since the loss to the Arties, South is averaging 45.6 points a game while giving up 7.2 points a game although I have to add that Conference Indiana is not one of the football power conferences, especially this season with Columbus North being down some and South easily being the strength of the conference. However, I do believe that CI is somewhat stronger than the HHC this season with the head-to-head contests going CI’s way this season so far. 

- Four of the Panther’s last five games have been with a running clock at some point in the 2nd half. I don't know what impact the off week will have and it’s possible that it could affect the momentum some, and I'm certainly biased, but I expect South to take this game on the road, although I hope the players don’t have that view. I might add that South lost one of their top receivers in the Southport game in junior D’Andre Black to an ACL injury, but South is fairly deep at the receiving position and you couldn’t tell that he wasn’t available during their blowout win over Columbus North. South has a balanced attack with QB Zach David completing close to 69% of his passes and running back Gavin Adams averaging almost 120 yards on the ground with backup running back Ben Morrison averaging almost 53 yards per game. 

- This is mostly about the Panthers and I don’t know much about the Owls other than their scores. I did watch some of their game with New Albany, but it was hard to tell anything from that game given the season that the Bulldogs have had. I assume it will probably be senior night for Owls since it’s their last home game, and they will certainly be fired up for the game. Needless to say, it would be a nice win for the Owls going into the sectionals.

Edited by ptr

11 minutes ago, ptr said:

Just a few tidbits on the Bloomington South @ Seymour game that is more slanted toward South. 

- It’s been a long time since they last played each other, and I had to go to Harrell’s site to find out when. This is the first time these schools will have met since the 1994 season when both schools were in the old South Central Conference with South winning that game. Both schools are in the same sectional in the opposite brackets, so they could face off twice this season. 

- South has had two weeks to prepare for this game since they are coming off a bye after not being able to fill the Week 8 date. They were trying to arrange a game with Normal (IL) to have them come to South, but it couldn't be worked out, and South will have just three home games this season. South had a scrimmage last Friday night to take the place of a game, but as everyone knows, that’s not the same as playing an actual opponent. 

- Ever since losing to a very good Martinsville team (6-2) on the road in game two, 27-14, the Panthers have been on a real roll. It was a very poor offensive performance against the Arties and that experience seemed to have a major impact on the team as they have steamrolled through every opponent since then. Since the loss to the Arties, South is averaging 45.6 points a game while giving up 7.2 points a game although I have to add that Conference Indiana is not one of the football power conferences, especially this season with Columbus North being down some and South easily being the strength of the conference. However, I do believe that CI is somewhat stronger than the HHC this season with the head-to-head contests going CI’s way this season so far. 

- Four of the Panther’s last five games have been with a running clock at some point in the 2nd half. I don't know what impact the off week will have and it’s possible that it could affect the momentum some, and I'm certainly biased, but I expect South to take this game on the road, although I hope the players don’t have that view. I might add that South lost one of their top receivers in the Southport game in junior D’Andre Black to an ACL injury, but South is fairly deep at the receiving position and you couldn’t tell that he wasn’t available during their blowout win over Columbus North. South has a balanced attack with QB Zach David completing close to 69% of his passes and running back Gavin Adams averaging almost 120 yards on the ground with backup running back Ben Morrison averaging almost 53 yards per game. 

- This is mostly about the Panthers and I don’t know much about the Owls other than their scores. I did watch some of their game with New Albany, but it was hard to tell anything from that game given the season that the Bulldogs have had. I assume it will probably be senior night for Owls since it’s their last home game, and they will certainly be fired up for the game. Needless to say, it would be a nice win for the Owls going into the sectionals.

If Seymour keeps the game close, I’ll be surprised. 

• Like 1