Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

12 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I think the JC/SC game is an intriguing matchup. That would be a fun game to see. 

I’m hoping to be there for it. Just depends on if we can finally get everyone in this house healthy. Allergies, colds, and sinus infections have been kicking our butts the last couple weeks. Somehow we’ve avoided COVID though.

Edited by Frozen Tundra

Week 10 Predictions

Bedford North Lawrence (5-4) at Shelbyville (1-8): For the first time ever, the Stars meet the Golden Bears on the gridiron. From 2002-2017, Shelbyville only had a losing record five times during those 16 seasons. However, since 2018, the Golden Bears haven’t won more than one game in a season. They have one win this year (against a 2-7 New Castle team) and I don’t expect BNL to allow them a second win. This should be BNL’s easiest game of the season. The Stars win.

Silver Creek (4-5) at Jennings County (3-6): We have yet another first time match-up. Three weeks ago, I would’ve said this is an easy win for the Dragons. However, the Panthers have looked like a different team the last three weeks. Silver Creek is 0-2 against the HHC this season after taking losses against two teams Jennings County beat (Floyd Central and Jeffersonville). Unless the Panthers revert back to their old ways, I have to think they’re in store for their first sectional win since 2016. It would also be their first postseason win against a team other than Madison since beating Franklin County in the sectional semifinals back in 2000. Jennings County wins.

31 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Week 10 Predictions

Bedford North Lawrence (5-4) at Shelbyville (1-8): For the first time ever, the Stars meet the Golden Bears on the gridiron. From 2002-2017, Shelbyville only had a losing record five times during those 16 seasons. However, since 2018, the Golden Bears haven’t won more than one game in a season. They have one win this year (against a 2-7 New Castle team) and I don’t expect BNL to allow them a second win. This should be BNL’s easiest game of the season. The Stars win.

C’mon man, Coach Parks and his biceps are legendary!

1 hour ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Week 10 Predictions

Silver Creek (4-5) at Jennings County (3-6): We have yet another first time match-up. Three weeks ago, I would’ve said this is an easy win for the Dragons. However, the Panthers have looked like a different team the last three weeks. Silver Creek is 0-2 against the HHC this season after taking losses against two teams Jennings County beat (Floyd Central and Jeffersonville). Unless the Panthers revert back to their old ways, I have to think they’re in store for their first sectional win since 2016. It would also be their first postseason win against a team other than Madison since beating Franklin County in the sectional semifinals back in 2000. Jennings County wins.

Shelbyville used to be an awesome program, not sure what happened it seems they kind have just fallen off, but maybe FKs favorite coach can turn things around for the golden bears. 

3 minutes ago, Hoosiers1218 said:

Shelbyville used to be an awesome program, not sure what happened it seems they kind have just fallen off, but maybe FKs favorite coach can turn things around for the golden bears. 

They fell off when Patrick Parks retired after the 2017 season. Not sure why he retired but I had heard the numbers were dwindling and less talent was coming up. Maybe that’s why. 

23 minutes ago, Hoosiers1218 said:

I don’t know, but Brian Glesings “Post Floyd Central” tenure has been a mixed bag. He had good success at Laville, Clarksville, and Floyd Central. He’s been through Jeffersonville, Paoli, and now Shelbyville. I think he’s a good coach and a good guy, but I wonder if he has any remorse? The community didn’t treat him as well as they should’ve, by complaining that he doesn’t pass enough, or he “yells too much” and bullshit like that. I know that my cousins LOVED playing for him. I thought the world of him as a coach. Upset me big time when he resigned.

Just now, Fkfootball said:

I don’t know, but Brian Glesings “Post Floyd Central” tenure has been a mixed bag. He had good success at Laville, Clarksville, and Floyd Central. He’s been through Jeffersonville, Paoli, and now Shelbyville. I think he’s a good coach and a good guy, but I wonder if he has any remorse? The community didn’t treat him as well as they should’ve, by complaining that he doesn’t pass enough, or he “yells too much” and bullshit like that. I know that my cousins LOVED playing for him. I thought the world of him as a coach. Upset me big time when he resigned.

I remember playing against coach Glesing teams a few times and yes there were times we could hear him yelling from the opposite side line lol, but of course coaches are gonna yell I’ve received plenty of ass chewing from coaches over the years and I turned out just fine.