Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

34 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

28 yard pass down to the 2 with 14.8 seconds left

Hoping to get a rule clarification from either @Impartial_Observer or @Bobref. On the play I have quoted above, Silver Creek picked up the first down. They had no timeouts remaining and I know the clock starts once the chains are set, but the receiver on the play was down hurt (not sure if he was faking or if he had the wind knocked out of him). Regardless, once the injured player goes off the field, shouldn’t the clock start since the chains were set and Silver Creek was out of timeouts? The clock never started until the snap. Even if it had started, Silver Creek could’ve easily spiked the ball to stop the clock. Just curious as to why the clock never started.

1 hour ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Hoping to get a rule clarification from either @Impartial_Observer or @Bobref. On the play I have quoted above, Silver Creek picked up the first down. They had no timeouts remaining and I know the clock starts once the chains are set, but the receiver on the play was down hurt (not sure if he was faking or if he had the wind knocked out of him). Regardless, once the injured player goes off the field, shouldn’t the clock start since the chains were set and Silver Creek was out of timeouts? The clock never started until the snap. Even if it had started, Silver Creek could’ve easily spiked the ball to stop the clock. Just curious as to why the clock never started.

There are multiple possible explanations, so I’d only be guessing. The Referee has the ability to start or stop the clock to prevent someone from gaining an advantage by attempting to illegally conserve or consume time. Whether that came into play here, I can’t tell.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Bobref said:

There are multiple possible explanations, so I’d only be guessing. The Referee has the ability to start or stop the clock to prevent someone from gaining an advantage by attempting to illegally conserve or consume time. Whether that came into play here, I can’t tell.

Interesting. Both teams were lined up and ready to go. The mystery remains unsolved I guess. Oh well. It didn’t decide the game so it doesn’t matter too much. Thank you for the response.

Edited by Frozen Tundra

22 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Interesting. Both teams were lined up and ready to go. The mystery remains unsolved I guess. Oh well. It didn’t decide the game so it doesn’t matter too much. Thank you for the response.

Which game was this? I’ll try to look at the video.

On 10/21/2022 at 10:23 PM, Frozen Tundra said:

I have been told that SC used their final TO at 0:14.6. It should be noted that officials always write down the time remaining on the clock and the period when we write down TO’s. 

Edited by Impartial_Observer

56 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I have been told that SC used their final TO at 0:14.6. It should be noted that officials always write down the time remaining on the clock and the period when we write down TO’s. 

That’s weird. The scoreboard showed them having no timeouts left at the time and I was pretty sure they had legitimately used up their timeouts rather than it being a scoreboard error.