Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

4 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

No clue wasn’t there, all of everyone’s TO’s are accounted for. 

Again, not upset about it. Silver Creek could’ve easily spiked the ball. I just wanted to make sure it wasn’t a result of a rule that I was unfamiliar with. Thank you for the info.

3 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Again, not upset about it. Silver Creek could’ve easily spiked the ball. I just wanted to make sure it wasn’t a result of a rule that I was unfamiliar with. Thank you for the info.

Yes, there are rules at other levels that provide for time to be taken off the game clock in certain situations. But we don’t have any of those at the high school level.

• Thanks 1

Week 11 Predictions

Columbus North (4-5) at Jeffersonville (1-7): After a five year absence, these two meet again. The Red Devils dominated this series in the 70s and 80s to take an 8-2 lead. After 21 years apart, the two teams played again in 2007. Since then, the Bull Dogs have won three of four, including the last two, as Jeff’s advantage is now 9-5. After starting the season 2-1, North dropped four out of their final six but shouldn’t have any trouble this week. Jeff is the worst team they’ll play this season and that includes their 47-14 drubbing of a winless Southport team. North wins by a blowout.

Seymour (6-3) at Bloomington North (5-4): For a second game in a row, the Owls play a former South Central Conference opponent from the city of Bloomington. Seymour leads the series 8-4 and has won the last five games. However, the last game was in 1996 and much has changed in 26 years. While I think Seymour can compete, I’m not sure they have the horses to win. It would take a nearly perfect game by them and an off game by the Cougars to pull this one out. Bloomington North wins.

#3/#4 Bloomington South (7-1) at Columbus East (4-5): These two meet for the first time since the 2016 5A semi-state game in which East came in and shocked the world by laying a thumping on a really good South team. It would be East’s first ever win against the Panthers and looks to remain that way for now. South leads the series 2-1 and shouldn’t have any trouble with the nearly zero-dimensional offensive attack of the Olympians. I expect a running clock in this one. Bloomington South wins bad.

Floyd Central (4-5) at Evansville North (5-4): The Highlanders play the Huskies for the first time in 12 years and lead the series 3-1. Evansville North is looking for its first sectional win in nine years and they have a very good chance to do so this year. Floyd Central comes in after a bad last three games. The injuries and the long drive don’t make things any easier. Evansville North beats Floyd for the first time since 1992.

Castle (5-4) at New Albany (2-7): This series resumes after a three year break with the Knights leading 18-5. Castle has won nine out of the last ten as well as 17 of the last 19. Unfortunately, the Bulldogs are young and inexperienced. A run to semi-state or even a sectional win are far from likely to repeating this year. Castle wins big.

Bedford North Lawrence (5-4) at Martinsville (6-3): In our only rematch of the postseason, BNL faces the Artesians once again. After falling 28-14 at home in week 1, the Stars are hoping for revenge. Unfortunately, Martinsville has gotten much better since then and is the only team to beat former 5A #1 Whiteland this year. Martinsville leads the series with BNL 20-3. While the Stars hope to beat them for the first time since 1992, it’s the Artesians that will defeat them for an eighth straight time. Martinsville wins easily. 

11 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

They only beat BNL 28-14 the first time. That’s why I said “Upset.” Nobody here thinks BNL is the favorite.

No worries Fkfootball.  I was just saying how I think that game will go.  Martinsville has been progressing with a tougher schedule than BNL.  Come tournament time, strength of schedule, tends to expose teams that had a soft schedule.  Like Charlestown is 10-0 but I would put my money on HH, who has a much worse record.  HH plays tougher opponents.

Upsets are always exciting though!

• Like 1

Well it looks like it could be the last week for the HHC and our competition as a result. I am behind by two, so if I don't pick any upsets, I'm done for anyway. Here's to hoping the HHC lives to play another weekend! 

Columbus North

Bloomington North

Bloomington South

Floyd Central

Castle

BNL

52 minutes ago, TheMadness1 said:

Bloomington North - 56

Seymour - 38

Final

Owls defense could contain the Cougars. 

Seymour’s offense is tough if they can get there defense where it needs to be they will be a very tough team next season… returning a lot of key players

1 hour ago, TheMadness1 said:

Bloomington North - 56

Seymour - 38

Final

Owls defense could contain the Cougars. 

I saw BN a few weeks back I thought this would be an interesting matchup. We talked tonight going to our game and the consensus was it would be 50 something 40 something and that BN could get a few stops to win it. BN’s got some dudes, QB was fun to watch. 

I think it’s an interesting off season coming up. 

Shout out to the seniors who played their final games the last couple weeks. We talked about it tonight in the locker room before the game, that last game. Contrary to popular belief IO does have a heart, and I feel for the young men this time of year.  

• Like 1