Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

8 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

What would the 3 teams in the south corner do? Most of the schools down here are 3A or 2A.

That’s the danger for them. They’re kind of on an island on their own. The two Terre Haute schools are in a similar situation. Columbus East, BNL, and Seymour could go north, and Jennings County could go East for conference affiliation. The best Jeffersonville, New Albany, and Floyd Central could do after that is hope to pull in Silver Creek and form a four-team conference. They’d have to play six non-conference games though.

I don’t want to get too crazy with this because it’s all just theorizing. There’s no rumor of any of this even happening. I just think on a grander scale that what’s going on in other parts of the state may soon creep its way into southeast Indiana. If it was just one or two conferences going through changes then I wouldn’t give it a second thought. However, it’s involving many conferences and teams. Kind of feels like the high school sports landscape is changing.

Or I could just be overblowing the situation and @Impartial_Observer could be right.

We’ve all heard for years how Charlestown and/or SC we’re going to outgrow the MSC. Frankly having talked to coaches and administrators alike I don’t see either happening in the near term.

@FkfootballAs far as the river schools I don’t think the rest of them care what the river schools will do. FC usually travels decent but the other two suck at the gate. That and travel are the issues, not that it’s a real issue but they are the longest trip for most in the conference. 

4 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I’m not so arrogant to think that anyone cares but I have retired from Friday nights, and have accepted a volunteer position for game nights at Seymour. So I will see more HHC Football than I’ve ever seen. 

Well-deserved. No more crazy coaches and crazier parents screaming at you.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I’m not so arrogant to think that anyone cares but I have retired from Friday nights, and have accepted a volunteer position for game nights at Seymour. So I will see more HHC Football than I’ve ever seen. 

Good that you’re staying connected to the game. You have a lot to offer. And believe me, you’ll miss it every Friday night.

7 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

We’ve all heard for years how Charlestown and/or SC we’re going to outgrow the MSC. Frankly having talked to coaches and administrators alike I don’t see either happening in the near term.

@FkfootballAs far as the river schools I don’t think the rest of them care what the river schools will do. FC usually travels decent but the other two suck at the gate. That and travel are the issues, not that it’s a real issue but they are the longest trip for most in the conference. 

I understand that point. What I was asking, is what would the River Schools do? There just aren’t many other schools our size in this part of the State. Maybe they could talk some Evansville Schools into some kind of conference. Also, I think FC would have the best chance to remain in a conference with the schools up north.

Edited by Fkfootball

18 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

I understand that point. What I was asking, is what would the River Schools do? There just aren’t many other schools our size in this part of the State. Maybe they could talk some Evansville Schools into some kind of conference. Also, I think FC would have the best chance to remain in a conference with the schools up north.

Much like the Terre Haute schools I don’t think anyone really cares. 

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

Good that you’re staying connected to the game. You have a lot to offer. And believe me, you’ll miss it every Friday night.

I guess time will tell, I’m completely at peace with it and all games have been returned. 

12 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Much like the Terre Haute schools I don’t think anyone really cares. 

I guess time will tell, I’m completely at peace with it and all games have been returned. 

How can you say “nobody really cares”, when there are 3 fanbases down here that would care. Lol. 

1 hour ago, Fkfootball said:

How can you say “nobody really cares”, when there are 3 fanbases down here that would care. Lol. 

I’m talking about other schools. Do you think any of the MIC schools cared about the TH schools when they were booted from the MIC. Do you think Madison was concerned about any of the HHC schools when they left? But I do think you’re demonstrating my point perfectly the HHC is an anomaly in that it’s more geographical than financial or competitive driven. But ultimately money don’t speak it swears. 

On 11/7/2022 at 10:23 AM, billybob said:

There are numerous factors but the main one is burn out  I really think they should go back to closing the summers, weights only, open gyms, no practices. I also feel we have lost a lot of great coaches because of the time commitments. Kids and coaches need time to relax.  Kids need to be involved in all sports not just one. My first 20 years of teaching I coached 3 sports now entering my 34th year I only coach 1 it was a tough decision but the time it took was overwhelming. 

Have a great winter   

As a coach, I hope we don't go back to the way we did it before. I hated that. 

The bold is absolutely correct, but football isn't the issue. 

18 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Well-deserved. No more crazy coaches and crazier parents screaming at you.

Ehh, not really any of that. Just reached a point in my life where other people’s children are no longer a priority for me. I did some lower level games last year and had fun so I’m going to keep my license and have some lower level stuff scheduled. Friday nights just weren’t fun anymore. 

17 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I’m talking about other schools. Do you think any of the MIC schools cared about the TH schools when they were booted from the MIC. Do you think Madison was concerned about any of the HHC schools when they left? But I do think you’re demonstrating my point perfectly the HHC is an anomaly in that it’s more geographical than financial or competitive driven. But ultimately money don’t speak it swears. 

It's really too bad East Central is so far from BNL.

Seymour, EC, BNL, CE, JC, Madison, etc. Idk just thinking outside the box. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

It's really too bad East Central is so far from BNL.

Seymour, EC, BNL, CE, JC, Madison, etc. Idk just thinking outside the box. 

I always liked the idea of East Central in the HHC but I also realize the unlikelihood of it happening due to current conference geography.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Ok. That explains it better. I misinterpreted.

Corydon is an interesting school. They have a tradition of producing some athletes. Their track team historically ranks among the best in the MSC. They also were relatively flush with cash as opposed to their county rival. Boat money seems to have leveled the playing field a little bit. I just don’t see SC or Charlestown moving to a big school conference in the near term. 

19 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Corydon is an interesting school. They have a tradition of producing some athletes. Their track team historically ranks among the best in the MSC. They also were relatively flush with cash as opposed to their county rival. Boat money seems to have leveled the playing field a little bit. I just don’t see SC or Charlestown moving to a big school conference in the near term. 

Their football program was good under Darin Ward.

55 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

I saw your guy Brian Glesing took yet another coaching job. Five jobs in seven years and he sat out one of those seven years. It’s almost becoming comical at this point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fkfootball said:

He had a handful of solid seasons when he was there. I have a picture out of the CJ of him ripping me during a TO at Charlestown in a tournament game. Let’s just say we’ve never exchanged Christmas cards. 

50 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

I saw your guy Brian Glesing took yet another coaching job. Five jobs in seven years and he sat out one of those seven years. It’s almost becoming comical at this point.

On the bright side of things not sure he has quite the hole to dig out of that he had in Shelbyville. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

He had a handful of solid seasons when he was there. I have a picture out of the CJ of him ripping me during a TO at Charlestown in a tournament game. Let’s just say we’ve never exchanged Christmas cards. 

On the bright side of things not sure he has quite the hole to dig out of that he had in Shelbyville. 

It’s a shame to see how far Shelbyville has fallen. I remember East playing them for three sectional championships since 2004. There were years when they were the second best team in the sectional behind East. When East moved to 5A, Shelbyville had years where they were just behind East Central as the best team in the sectional.

Edited by Frozen Tundra

5 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Glesing had a pretty decent program going at FC. I guess the bickering parents got to him. It’s the only job he’s had for more than 4 seasons though.

4 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I have a kid at Salem. It’s probably a better fit for Glesing. He always seems to have success at those kinds of schools, (FC, Clarksville, Paoli.) Power running type of coach. They should be fine with him.

Edited by Fkfootball

Since I’m itching for football season, like everyone else on here, I figured I’d start a “waaaaay too early” discussion about 2023 HHC Football.

A lot of things can change over the summer. But as of right now, I’d probably place Seymour as my #1 team. They’re the defending champs. Perry, Pennington and Johnson who should be healthy I think, that’s a tough trio. My top 4 would be Seymour, BNL, FC, and East. Not necessarily in that order but that’s my top 4. Last season Seymour, BNL, and JC took a step up. NA and East seemed to take a step back. FC and Jeffersonville looked maybe marginally better than the season before. Floyd Central has the most favorable conference schedule. They get Seymour, BNL, and JC at home. NA, Jeffersonville, and East on the road. East will be their only conference road game considering their fans usually are 50/50 at NA and Jeffersonville. BNL will be a tough team this year too. Louden, along with Perry, and Robertson should be the top 3 QBs in the conference this season. I can’t give much of a preview on these teams because I’m not exactly sure just yet who all these teams will have except maybe FC a little bit, but we are replacing some guys just like everyone else is as well.

3 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Since I’m itching for football season, like everyone else on here, I figured I’d start a “waaaaay too early” discussion about 2023 HHC Football.

A lot of things can change over the summer. But as of right now, I’d probably place Seymour as my #1 team. They’re the defending champs. Perry, Pennington and Johnson who should be healthy I think, that’s a tough trio. My top 4 would be Seymour, BNL, FC, and East. Not necessarily in that order but that’s my top 4. Last season Seymour, BNL, and JC took a step up. NA and East seemed to take a step back. FC and Jeffersonville looked maybe marginally better than the season before. Floyd Central has the most favorable conference schedule. They get Seymour, BNL, and JC at home. NA, Jeffersonville, and East on the road. East will be their only conference road game considering their fans usually are 50/50 at NA and Jeffersonville. BNL will be a tough team this year too. Louden, along with Perry, and Robertson should be the top 3 QBs in the conference this season. I can’t give much of a preview on these teams because I’m not exactly sure just yet who all these teams will have except maybe FC a little bit, but we are replacing some guys just like everyone else is as well.

Wish I could add to this conversation but I don’t know squat right now. Maybe I’ll have a better idea after summer camps but I know nothing as of now.

7 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Wish I could add to this conversation but I don’t know squat right now. Maybe I’ll have a better idea after summer camps but I know nothing as of now.

I don’t know much either. Just shooting from the hip.